[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Luck or Foles...

HowboutthemCowboys

I happen to have both in one league and have been contemplating this very question. My thoughts:

1. According to the Huddle SOS Tool, IND has an extremely tough ROS with 4 "difficult" QB match-ups (2xTEN, HOU, CIN). On the other hand, PHI has no difficult games but play 2 "easy" games (WAS, MIN). The sched favors PHI.

Advantage: Foles

2. Recently, PHI has a shown a better supporting cast. Shady, DJax, Cooper vs. TRich, TY, DHB.

3. Offensive Strategy - Kelly's hurry-up vs. Pagano/Hamilton's ball control

4. Number of games. PHI still has it's Bye upcoming, Ind had it's Bye

Advantage: Luck

5. Talent

Advantage: Luck

So, to the OP question of who will score the most FF points, I will have to use Occam's Razor and go with the simplest choice: Luck will score more points because he'll play more games. However, answering the question not asked, Foles will be the better option for more weeks. Assuming participation in the playoffs through wk 16, I plan on using Foles 5 times and Luck in 2.

My plan assumes that Foles continues his Billy Volek-like play and Luck remains Luck. Take a look at the SOS tool and make your own choices. Curious if you'll agree with me.

Edited by wpayers

Same situation in my local, and all I can say is I started Foles vs. Dallas instead of Luck vs. Denver.....and it bit me in the a S S. So, with that said, I'm not sure if I can do that again so soon.

It sure was sweet with both Luck and Hilton for the triple hook-up Sunday night! Winner!

I agree with wpayers that Foles has the easier schedule, and it looks like we'll be going through this decision process each week (except for Week 12).

Foles is still a wild card. So it's pretty hard to answer that with any confidence one way or another.

I added Foles, but am I ready to trade Luck and rely on Foles for ROS? Nope. So, if I had to answer the question now, I would say Luck. But thankfully, I don't have to make that decision just yet. And given Luck's schedule the rest of the way, it's nice to have a potential backup plan.

• Like 1

Foles was a free agent in our league this week (week before too.) He was picked up by the Peyton owner replacing his backup Pryor. Foles was on another team's roster for one week (7) and started. I doubt the Peyton owner plans to start Foles much, but just as insurance and possibly to block others from getting him (though he had a very low waiver priority so it seems nobody was that interested)

The other thing nobody seems to be mentioning is, couldn't Vick return and start again? Maybe I missed it, has Kelly said Foles will be the starter the rest of the season? Just checked and see that Kelly hasn't announced a starter for this week, so what makes people so certain Foles even starts the rest of the way?

Foles was a free agent in our league this week (week before too.) He was picked up by the Peyton owner replacing his backup Pryor. Foles was on another team's roster for one week (7) and started. I doubt the Peyton owner plans to start Foles much, but just as insurance and possibly to block others from getting him (though he had a very low waiver priority so it seems nobody was that interested)

The other thing nobody seems to be mentioning is, couldn't Vick return and start again? Maybe I missed it, has Kelly said Foles will be the starter the rest of the season? Just checked and see that Kelly hasn't announced a starter for this week, so what makes people so certain Foles even starts the rest of the way?

Wow. I own Peyton in one league and would love to have Pryor as my backup. No way I would have dropped him for the baby horses.

Edited by BA Baracus
  • Like 1

Wow. I own Peyton in one league and would love to have Pryor as my backup. No way I would have dropped him for the baby horses.

If you came up with Baby Horses than you win the Nyjer Morgan award for the week!

Edited by wpayers

If you came up with Baby Horses than you win the Nyjer Morgan award for the week!

I think this was in response to my smartazz response meaning we have not seen enough starts from Foles even in his 2nd year to make a educated decision ,,, again IMO

Like someone said earlier. When did they announce Foles as the clear starter. Also Luck had a great performance against Denver and Houston. I will take Luck over Foles any day!

And to whoever dropped Pryor for Foles I wish the person who owned Pryor in my league would drop him so I can snatch him as a backup for Luck

I see what you're saying but there's no way Foles doesn't start this week after tossing 7 td's

He will start every week until he has a bad week and Vick is healthy.

I think PHI will give Baby Horses every chance to success. They dislike the Vick/Foles whack-o-mole game as much as we do. Even if healthy I don't see them going back to Mike. Baby Horses would have to really mess the barn to get yanked.

I reckon Chip Kelly knows you don't change horses in midstream...doh!

• Like 1

Luck is benched in favor of Foles. W/o Wayne the IND offense is off kilter. Defense 101 going forward - teams will double TY. TRich isn't performing. Lower expectations for Luck and ride Foles. I will eat my 1995 NY Jets hat if Vick is given the job back (barring injury and locker room bullying of course).