[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Gio Bernard - Ribs?

SecondString

Anybody heard anything about Gio Bernard as far as condition of his rib injury? I read somewhere earlier this week (Thursday or so) that if he played, he probably wouldn't see many snaps, now I can find nothing on it anywhere. Not even listed in the Huddle's injuries/inactives. Nervous about starting him given the reports from earlier in the week.

I'm starting better (less injured) options over him

Yeah, I hear you, but I've got to make a ww move this morning to be able to do that, dropping someone I don't want to drop. That's why I'm asking the question.

Edited by SecondString

I have not been able to locate any news other than 'limited practice' all week and 'expected to play' despite the injury. I'd feel better about his anticipated workload if he was listed as 'probable' instead of 'questionable' - but really, those designations don't have all that much meaning anymore - and with Bernard, he's not one of those players that needs to get the ball ~25 times per game to matter from the FF perspective anyways - he has done ok fantasy-wise with his ~9 rushes / ~3 catches per week, and his somewhat inconsistent FF weekly totals have been based on his TD production ... the weeks he scores we see 15+ FF points ... his rushing attempts per game have been more steady than I expected, even if his per-game pass targets have maybe been more up & down than preferred. For this week, I'd likely be as concerned about the poor match up against the BAL run defense as with the condition of Bernards's ribs, I think BAL is near (or at?) the top of the rankings in preventing opposing RB points.

Edited by ts

what are your options?

This league has only 3 bench spots. I have Josh Gordon and Jamaal on a bye, not dropping either of those. My other bench spot is Coby Fleener. I would have to drop him to start either Lance Moore, Cecil Shorts, or Brian Hartline from the ww.

Hmm, sounds kinda like advice forum fodder now, doesn't it??

I saw on NFL gameday morning that he is going to play. They were also referencing some comments from the coach that he has "earned more touches".

To your specific situation...none of those WW guys provides anywhere near the upside of Gio. Just watch out for the late scratch, but play him if he's active.

This league has only 3 bench spots. I have Josh Gordon and Jamaal on a bye, not dropping either of those. My other bench spot is Coby Fleener. I would have to drop him to start either Lance Moore, Cecil Shorts, or Brian Hartline from the ww.

Hmm, sounds kinda like advice forum fodder now, doesn't it??

I'd drop fleener for shorts. who's your other TE? I just don't think Gio sees a lot of action this week tbh

I'd drop fleener for shorts. who's your other TE? I just don't think Gio sees a lot of action this week tbh

Yeah, that's what I'm afraid of too. He's listed as "Questionable", puzzling that he's not on the Huddle's game-day injured/inactives. Other TE is Tim Wright.

He still has that big play opportunity. If you want to go with a safer back and only get single digit points then go that route. I'm gonna take the high risk/ high reward route for my 2nd back for the day. I think the kid is on a mission to get the starting job and rookie of the year.