[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Why does Huddle like Fitzgerald so much?

Ron677

In chat I saw one of the Huddle guys say "I love a healthy Fitzgerald. He's one of the most talented receivers in the league."

Well he's fully healthy now and just about every Cardinals receiver had more yards than him and 2 of them had touchdowns on top of it. So you can't blame Carson Palmer or the offensive line.

What is the deal?

This week it was called Patrick Peterson, and the statement that Fitz is one of the most talented WRs in the league when healthy is absolutely true.

What was called Patrick Peterson?

What was called Patrick Peterson?

Brain Fart :bag:

Going into week 9 the Texans ranked 32nd in average PPG allowed to WRs and somewhere in my brain I associated that with the Cardinals and then Peterson :bag:

Edited by keggerz

This week it was called Patrick Peterson, and the statement that Fitz is one of the most talented WRs in the league when healthy is absolutely true.

Peterson is bullying him Incognito style

Talent wise Fitz is a top 5 WR no doubt in my mind. The issue is his QB's have been TERRIBLE the past few seasons. The Cards OL is TERRIBLE. Palmer is TERRIBLE. He almost has no shot. It is sad because he has so much talent, but it is being wasted on that team. If I was him I would want out of there this summer, or I would demand they get a better QB and OL. Palmer is better than the junk from last season, but he is terrible also.

From a fantasy POV, which is purely numbers based, I think Fitz is overrated. From a real life POV I think he is a stud who has no shot due to his situation. Sad in a way to waste that talent.

What was interesting (and disappointing and unbelievable) is that the game announcers said that in their prep interviews with offensive genius HC Bruce Arians, the HC phased Fitz out vs. HOU as part of the game plan. Apparently, Arians is blaming forced Fitz targets on Palmer's astronomical interception numbers. That's like blaming the rain on opening an umbrella.

A very new and very special way to waste a talent.

Not enough other talent on offense, so easy for teams to focus on him and shut him out. Combine that with bad QB and OL play over the recent past. Extremely talented WR, but not very productive in fantasy. He's my #3 WR or I'd be even more frustrated. May be time to start Reuben Randle regularly and let Fitz sit on the bench.

What was interesting (and disappointing and unbelievable) is that the game announcers said that in their prep interviews with offensive genius HC Bruce Arians, the HC phased Fitz out vs. HOU as part of the game plan. Apparently, Arians is blaming forced Fitz targets on Palmer's astronomical interception numbers. That's like blaming the rain on opening an umbrella.

A very new and very special way to waste a talent.

Yeah, I heard that also, very weird. And I have seen some of those Palmer ints., and I never thought the issue was trying to force it to Fitz. The issue is/was Palmer is bad, as is the OL. That is the issue. For the most part Fitz gets 6 or so targets a game...is that forcing him the ball??

Again, I really feel badly for Fitz. He needs to get somewhere with a QB and OL fast.