[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Chiefs v Broncos - The Thread

Chief Dick

I always say that gut feelings in the face of logic can usually be chalked up to indigestion or gas. But I predict the Chiefs get in Manning's face, knock him down, make him hurry some throws. Manning never likes getting hit and he's a little gimpy now to boot. He folds like a wet taco, has his worst game of the season to date, and the Chiefs win.

I think KC is successful in getting pressure on manning and that DEN ends up with their lowest offensive production of the year.

However, I bet the Broncos defense scores at least once and gives the offense a few short fields with turnovers to get the win.

I scoff at the Big Green Egg, Only wienies that wear Birkenstocks and drive Jettas use a Big Green Egg.

I use the old fashioned barrel smoker, seasoned by years and years of kick rocking BBQ. I don't even have to tell it what to do: I lay my meat gently on her racks and let her do all the work.

I would love to host a rib fest here for Huddlers one of these days. But only the good huddlers. Not the newbie fecktards that run around the place these days.

Dude, you keep talking like that, me, along with many others, are going to show up regardless. A well seasoned barrel Q just gets my juices runnin, and my taste-buds to stand on end. Seriously, another "gently on her racks" comment and I'm hoppin the first flight to KC, game or no game. ;)

Edited by Cowboyz1

Adam Schien thinks the Chiefs will/can win

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000280326/article/kansas-city-chiefs-primed-for-statement-vs-denver-broncos

He also linked to this article from the week IND beat DEN telling us how the Chiefs record cannot be excused because they played nobody.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000267460/article/kansas-city-chiefs-cant-be-ignored-as-last-undefeated-nfl-team

Of course he sounds like a big KC homer in these articles including this tidbit from the second one

"That left the Kansas City Chiefs as the NFL's last undefeated team -- just as we all predicted. Deal with it, people."

http://www.nfl.com/n...-denver-broncos

He also linked to this article from the week IND beat DEN telling us how the Chiefs record cannot be excused because they played nobody.

http://www.nfl.com/n...feated-nfl-team

Of course he sounds like a big KC homer in these articles including this tidbit from the second one

"That left the Kansas City Chiefs as the NFL's last undefeated team -- just as we all predicted. Deal with it, people."

So many links! Are you BJ's intern? :reporter::pc:

So many links! Are you BJ's intern? :reporter::pc:

Nope, just feel it is important to source where I get information from (the 3rd link was just part of the article I copied).

If I'm reading something and decide to post it here may as well provide the link so people can read "the rest of the story..."

I'll got out on a limb and say that, if DEN has 3+ turnovers, they will lose this game. I could see DEN blowing them out, simply because of how high-powered Denver's offense can be, and the simple fact that the Chiefs don't have the weapons to keep up... if it indeed becomes a track meet. But, I think it is just as likely (actually, more likely) that the Chiefs keep this game close, for a number of reasons.

First and foremost, people seem to have this misconception that Denver has been routinely destroying teams this season. That simply hasn't been the case (at least not as of late). They've had exactly one "easy" win since September, and that was a game in which they trailed 21-7 (at Washington). They barely beat Dallas, struggled (at home) against the Jags, got beat up by Indy, and held on to beat the Chargers. Granted, only the Dallas game would be considered a nail-biter, so I'm not proposing that each of these games could have gone either way, but they most certainly were not easy wins, either. And, before anyone points out that they beat the Chargers more handily than the score would indicate, the same could be said about their loss to the Colts.

Second, people can say that KC hasn't played anybody, or that their record is weak/soft, etc., but the same can be said of Denver. Neither team has beaten a team who currently owns a winning record (the closest for either team would be their respective wins over Dallas and Philly... Both 5-5 teams, and both beat one on the road, and the other at home). Their next "best" wins were likely Denver winning at San Diego (4-5), and KC winning at Tennessee (also 4-5). Bottom line... We could play tit-for-tat all day, but neither team's resume is anything close to impressive (outside of the fact that they are winning games that they should win, basically).

Third, the Chiefs will score points against Denver's defense. Everybody does. The Broncos continue to give up nearly 28 PPG, and year-to-date, have surrendered more than double what the Chiefs have. I'd say the floor for what KC scores is roughly 20, but the more likely number is high 20's or low 30's.

Fourth, the Chiefs defense will get to Manning. Arrowhead is known to be one of the toughest road venues in the NFL, and quite frankly, KC's defense is better than Indy's. In other words, if Robert Mathis can cause Denver fits, Tamba Hali and the rest of the KC defense should get their fair share of chances as well. Manning is arguably the least mobile QB in the league... basically a statue of sorts. I'd say 3-4 sacks, and a couple of turnovers, minimum. If that number creeps up to 3-4 takeaways, the chances that KC wins increase dramatically. If, on the other hand, Denver wins the turnover battle, they win easily. If they stay within 1-2 TO's of KC, it should be a close game.

I think the KC home field advantage is being underestimated, and Manning's ankle is also a concern. The longer KC sticks around, the more I like their chances. We should know by the 2nd quarter, which way this game goes. KC either gets blown out, or wins a close game.

My prediction... KC wins 31-27.

That is a lucid, intelligent, well- thought out analysis.................................... :thinking:

But Wrong. Denver wins at home. :doh:

Edited by Cowboyz1

I think you're making a huge mistake if you bench Peyton. Heck, I have him on my local team and am relishing the multitude of points getting ready to rain down on me.

as posted earlier by another Huddler I believe you may be using the reverse psychology here CD :thinking:

I think you're making a huge mistake if you bench Peyton. Heck, I have him on my local team and am relishing the multitude of points getting ready to rain down on me.

oh go ahead and check projections with the confidence factor ,,, it is not not big of a reach ,, but yes I will most likely start Peyton

Nope. I'm using the "I've been kicked in the balls so many times by the Chiefs that I expect them to lose every game" psychology.

I get what you are saying, but I envision a much grander version of a let-down. Maybe a trip to the AFC championship game only to have Succup turn into Lin F'ing Elliot. Think big Chief Dick

That is a lucid, intelligent, well- thought out analysis.................................... :thinking:

I wonder if anyone else got that quote -

And I think KC does win. It just seems too pat that people think DEN will prove KC is a house of cards because they "haven't played anybody." There is a lot of truth to that, but the diff between good and bad teams in the NFL is thin. Unless Smith has a bad day, KC wins or at least comes close. DEN isn't blowing this team out. I think KC wins.

http://www.nfl.com/n...-denver-broncos

http://www.nfl.com/n...feated-nfl-team

At least we didn't have to actually listen to that guy's "analysis". When his show would start on Sirius NFL, I changed the channel. His speech impediment aside, all he does is regurgitate what he hears from others. How do you put a guy with a speech impediment on the radio anyway?

At least we didn't have to actually listen to that guy's "analysis". When his show would start on Sirius NFL, I changed the channel. His speech impediment aside, all he does is regurgitate what he hears from others. How do you put a guy with a speech impediment on the radio anyway?

Kinda like Lou Holtz on ESPN. Between him and the dumbass conference realignment, I am off college football altogether.

So BB, what's the talk locally in Denver?

Around here, the hype has been building all week. Seems like most of the local talk radio guys are being amazingly cautious.I'm hearing a lot of "if" talk:

"if we can get to Manning, we have a chance."

"if Alex Smith can make some plays, we have a chance."

This game fascinates me, for a couple of reasons:

1. Can our defense hold up against an offense the likes of Denver?

2. Can our offense finally score some dang points?

3. What happens to the rest of the season if we win? If we lose?

Should be a fun night, and I need to keep reminding myself: it's just one game. But so many subplots and the potential to set the tone for the rest of the year.

This is going to be one hell of a game. I always believe in what I see from a defense. I don't care who you are if you can play great defense for 9 straight weeks, you're for real. That said, even if they play great defense Manning is going to manufacture 24 to 28 points. That's even if you play out of your mind D. Which begs the question can KC do the same against a much lesser defense. If they can they win. If they can't they lose.

Denver will score 3 touchdowns at a minimum no matter how much they get to Manning. Now if they knock him out of the game that changes everything but as long a Manning is on the field and can drop back to pass, KC will have to score 4 touchdowns or the equivalent in field goals to win. That and play one hell of a defense game, which they have proven to be able to do. Should be a great game.

Edited by Cowboyz1