[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Chiefs v Broncos - The Thread

Chief Dick

Alex Smith sort of got exposed again if you ask me. He looks like a guy that has been carried by a great D, soft schedule and Jamal Charles. Charles also looked very unfocused.

Alex Smith sort of got exposed again if you ask me. He looks like a guy that has been carried by a great D, soft schedule and Jamal Charles. Charles also looked very unfocused.

and how much of KC success this year do you give credit to the head coach ?

Being from Philly , no matter what team ( SF / Vikes ) I'm rooting for I have always followed all of their games ,, have to because Eagles , 76ers & Flyers is all my family still there ever want to talk about.

Now Andy Reid was loved there mostly for this same kind of year , FAST STARTS & on the way to the playoffs

Then ,,, well ,,, you the know the story ,, so how much credit are you giving Reid for the wins & losses ?

I thought Smith actually looked fairly solid. If his receivers didn't have bricks for hands, that could have been a very different game. Granted there were a few bad passes by Smith, but rarely does a QB have 0 poor throws in a game. I think he looked more like a QB, less like a "game manager" as people were making him out to be.

and how much of KC success this year do you give credit to the head coach ?

Being from Philly , no matter what team ( SF / Vikes ) I'm rooting for I have always followed all of their games ,, have to because Eagles , 76ers & Flyers is all my family still there ever want to talk about.

Now Andy Reid was loved there mostly for this same kind of year , FAST STARTS & on the way to the playoffs

Then ,,, well ,,, you the know the story ,, so how much credit are you giving Reid for the wins & losses ?

this is a good pt

Watching Bray's progress very closely. He would seem to have a skill set much more conducive to Reid's O tendencies than does Smith - if he can translate his game to the NFL level.

But before we get too carried away, let's not forget that this was a team that was 2-14 last year and got through 9 weeks this year without a loss before DEN caught them at home.

Edited by Bronco Billy

Watching Bray's progress very closely. He would seem to have a skill set much more conducive to Reid's O tendencies than does Smith - if he can translate his game to the NFL level.

But before we get too carried away, let's not forget that this was a team that was 2-14 last year and got through 9 weeks this year without a loss before DEN caught them at home.

Agree on Bray. He looked pretty good in limited time during the preseason.

And the game went about as I expected. Denver had the perfect game plan to combat Chiefs pressure. And the offense everyone saw this week is the same offense we've had all year: incapable of producing many points. This will be their Achilles heal all year.

Until we get more playmakers on offense, it will be this way. But, as BB said, the expectations this year were WAY low. This is a bonus season. I thought they might be a 7-9ish team before the season started, so any playoff berth is a plus.