[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Are Locker Rooms Off Limits?

boltnlava

Why is this such a problem now??? Is it all the self indulgent BS that goes on now or is it real? Is the iPhone killing our will to survive in a hostile environment? The locker room from what I remember was everything the PC world would abhor, but it was the only place to hide from it. Is it dead now ???

How sad is that? What happened to us?

PS: Make sure to tell all your golf buddies that they did well and the bets you won were just for fun or read about it tmro.

The future is :scared: .

• Like 1

Good post. I tremor at the thought of my kids having to go through their teens with every goddamned bastard everywhere recording their every act of stupidity.

I would be unemployable were my adolescence captured on facespace or tweetergram.

Good post. I tremor at the thought of my kids having to go through their teens with every goddamned bastard everywhere recording their every act of stupidity.

I would be unemployable were my adolescence captured on facespace or tweetergram.

True + 1000

I must have missed some big story on sports talk because I haven't a clue what you're talking about.

I would tell you but first we would both have to put on foil hats and hide in the basement ,,, their listening to us man I'm telling you ,, might even be watching you thru your laptop right now

I must have missed some big story on sports talk because I haven't a clue what you're talking about.

Ummmm.... I think they're simply referring to how the world is changing, with respect to social media. Any time something remotely interesting is happening, there is bound to be somebody recording it on their phone. Plus, with texting, twitter, facebook (and heck, even email), so much more of what we do/say/think is recorded, time-stamped, etc.

In other words, you have to be very careful about what you do/say in today's world, because if you screw up (or do something generally stupid), somebody is bound to find out about it. And, the worse the offense, the less likely it's going to be forgotten about (the really big mistakes are the ones that will haunt people forever).

And, yes... Luckily for me, there were no cell phone cameras in my teens and early 20's. :lol:

Ummmm.... I think they're simply referring to how the world is changing, with respect to social media. Any time something remotely interesting is happening, there is bound to be somebody recording it on their phone. Plus, with texting, twitter, facebook (and heck, even email), so much more of what we do/say/think is recorded, time-stamped, etc.

In other words, you have to be very careful about what you do/say in today's world, because if you screw up (or do something generally stupid), somebody is bound to find out about it. And, the worse the offense, the less likely it's going to be forgotten about (the really big mistakes are the ones that will haunt people forever).

And, yes... Luckily for me, there were no cell phone cameras in my teens and early 20's. :lol:

You nailed it

Amen to that. God knows I (and most of my friends) did some real, real dumb stuff growing up. And we caught heat for a lot of it. But it was pretty local heat...people at our school, in our neighborhood, etc knew but not much beyond that. And those things became old news fairly quickly. These days, someone does something stupid (which is part of growing up, IMO) and someone is right there to take a pic/vid of it and 2 mins later its on the innerwebs for the whole world to see and judge. It can live on forever. Or, someone gets pissed, drunk, etc and says/does something (they likely wouldn't in a more clear state of mind) and uses any one of the several mediums for broadcasting it to the world. Now its out there and really cant be taken back. As a relatively new parent, I am already trying to think of how I will help my son understand he needs to be extremely careful with how much of himself he puts out there for public consumption.
  • Like 1

I see not too far in the future a lawsuit based on what transpired on the field...how far off is that from what's going on now?

*FUMBLE* ...both teams pile on the ball and the guy on the bottom w/o the ball claims "he bit me...hard" ...."then...*trembles for cameras*..he said I was *gasp* UGLY...waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa"

Ahh, I see, and do understand. But thought maybe they were commenting on someting specific, possibly more evidence in bullygate.

I don't play on the social media stuff, and don't run around with a smart phone snapping pics/vid of every dumb thing I see so it didn't really strike a cord with me. Another major part of the issue here is the idiots (mostly kids, but plenty of adults too) who feel the need to post some of the stupid stuff, then get all bent when it hurts them in someway. When we were younger we didn't run around telling everybody including many we didn't know about our stupid acts.

• Like 1