[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

truck VJAX

cdbean

I'm currently winning 3 games because of his lack of performance tonight. I love Hondas!

Edited by irish

WR's toss up stinkers once in a while. WR's on bad teams toss them up more frequently. It's been happening for 30 years now, you might wanna get used to it.

No doubt but it still sucks when it happens and if the guy feels better venting a little, than so be it.

• Like 1

Not surprising at all. Against Miami's really tough pass defense I didn't expect him to get anything done. There will be a lot more reason for concern if he can't produce against Atlanta next week. I don't have him in season long fantasy, but in daily salary cap fantasy I picked him 2 weeks in a row with very favorable matchups and he exploded in both of those games for about 38 points each. One of those was actually against Atlanta if I remember correctly.

Ever since Glennon became the starter his duds have been against Arizona, Carolina (to a lesser extent - still 12 points in PPR format), Seahawks, and Miami. He went off against the Eagles and Atlanta.

That's exactly how I would expect it to be. Cardinals, Panthers, Seahawks, and Dolphins sport some of the toughest pass defenses in the league and with Vincent Jackson being the clear cut #1 weapon on Tampa Bay's offense they devote a lot of attention to him. The Eagles and Falcons have poor pass defenses and simply couldn't stop him.

Everything has been going the way you should expect if you're a V Jax owner.

Edited by Ron677

VJax looked especially bad last night. I don't know if it was him or Glennon who was screwed up, but they were not on the same page. There were at least three plays where the ball came to Vincent and he wasn't even looking for it. It was almost Dez-esque.

I had to start him this week and I know I am rolling him out this week against Atlanta.

He has some bad games no doubt but he also has some really good ones and I am hoping against the poor Atlanta defense he gets his.

I will be starting him next to either Fitzgerald or Josh Gordon.

Hoping it all works out but you have to expect some bad games from him. Tampa is not a great team but he usually bounces back especially after two bad games in a row.

Jackson flopped for the last 3 weeks but he played CAR, SEA and MIA - no real surprise there. He also had big TD games in weeks 6 and 7. TB is not going to be better than the opposing defenses usually but they can still be good against a bad defense. They play ATL this week and in week 7 he had 10-138-2 stat line in Atlanta.

• Like 1

This has been the pattern with VJax for several years now: he is the ultimate boom-or-bust WR in fantasy football. He is a deep threat, so he is not going to put up the sort of consistent numbers in terms of receptions and yardage each week that a posession-oriented short passing game receiver might.

2013: Phenomenal in weeks 1, 6, and 7. So-so in weeks 2 and 8. Abysmal in weeks 3, 4, 9, and 10.

2012: Phenomenal in weeks 2, 4, 6, 7, 9, 11, 12, 14, and 16. So-so in week 15. Abysmal in weeks 1, 3, 8, 10, 13, and 17.

2011: Phenomenal in weeks 2, 4, 9, 11, and 13. S0-so in weeks 3, 13, 15, and 17. Abysmal in weeks 1, 5, 7, 8, 10, 12, 14, and 16.

Yet he posts strong numbers overall:

2012: 72 rec, 1384 yards, 8 TDs

2011: 60 rec, 1159 total yards, 9 TDs

2010 (injured, only 5 GP)

2009: 68 rec, 1178 total yards, 9 TDs.

2008: 59 rec, 1167 total yards, 7 TDs.

VJax is currently on pace for 1177 total yards, 7 TDs, and 82 receptions.

Edited by historymike
  • Like 1

Well everyone and their mother told me not to start Foles over Romo on here. Even though I knew the Saints were in top ten against QBs. Idiots...I was an even bigger idiot for starting Romo and V-jax. Lost by 1.3 points.

I dont post much but its kind of funny that you're calling everyone idiots. You could of went with your gut and started Foles over Romo. Im pretty sure no one here held a gun to your head and demanded you to start him. Next time try making the right decision "idiot"

• Like 3

I dont post much but its kind of funny that you're calling everyone idiots. You could of went with your gut and started Foles over Romo. Im pretty sure no one here held a gun to your head and demanded you to start him. Next time try making the right decision "idiot"

nah...then he'd have to blame himself instead of someone else for his failures :lol:

• Like 1

I dont post much but its kind of funny that you're calling everyone idiots. You could of went with your gut and started Foles over Romo. Im pretty sure no one here held a gun to your head and demanded you to start him. Next time try making the right decision "idiot"

He may not know the secret strategy to winning consistently.

Always start the guys who will score the most points.

• Like 2

Truck? Honda? You sell cars?

Nope, they just cuss a lot.

I think we should have emoticons/smileyes used as word filters. Could have a picture of crap, a couple doing it and so on. It would makes posts easier to understand than use of Honda, truck, chives or whatever the current word filter is.

• Like 2

What's this report on CBSSportsline that VJax was limited on Weds and questionable for this Sunday vs. ATL? Be a bummer if he's unable to take advantage of this favorable matchup, but I can't see anything here or in other sources to corroberate CBS.

What's this report on CBSSportsline that VJax was limited on Weds and questionable for this Sunday vs. ATL? Be a bummer if he's unable to take advantage of this favorable matchup, but I can't see anything here or in other sources to corroberate CBS.

From rotoworld:

Vincent Jackson (knee) was limited in practice Wednesday.

Jackson hasn't been on the injury report since September when he was battling a rib injury. There's been zero indication he's in any danger of missing Week 11. It's likely just a way for the Bucs to get Jackson some time off. Jackson torched the Falcons for 138 yards and two touchdowns in Week 7. Nov 13 - 5:43 PM

Yep many of these are just guys getting rest.

Keep in mind the questionable or whatever status on a player at this point in the week really means nothing. I don't think we had these several years ago, but now I think any player who doesn't fully participate in practice has to be dumped into one of the 4 categories (out/doubt/quest/prob) each day (or at some earlier part of the week).

Calvin Johnson has been missing some practice most of the season to rest his knee. Today his status (on CBS league site, but I'm sure in other places) shows he is questionable to play Sunday and that he missed practice today. I stopped paying attention to those, well until that week he was a late scratch and I was traveling and didn't even think to check his status (not that I really could of with how/where I was traveling).

I dont post much but its kind of funny that you're calling everyone idiots. You could of went with your gut and started Foles over Romo. Im pretty sure no one here held a gun to your head and demanded you to start him. Next time try making the right decision "idiot"

You're absolutely right! I'll listen to myself from now on. I always second guess myself when it's some of the advice from others on here I should be second guessing. I'm just pissed cause I had a chance to beat the first place team in our league and Romo laid a truckin egg so forgive me for venting. But yeah I blame myself for not listening to myself.

Edited by Seattle Sucks

I thought he was supposed to be good. Someone told me he was a WR1, he's single-handedly lost me my first two games of the season. Piece of honda.

why was he the only player you started ? no QB , RB other WR , TE , PK , D

So just VJax lost the game for you huh ?