[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bobby Rainey or Brian Leonard

NEMS

Who has more value here?

I'm personally trying to decide between the two. My opponent for next week had Mike James. I suspect that he'll be targeting one of the two. I want to pick up the guy with more value and figured other people probably have the same question, so I posted it here instead of the AC forum.

Edited by NEMS

Tough call as Leonard doesn't have much shimmey in his shake and Rainey is just too small to take the full load. I can see a situation where they alternate who has the better week fantasy wise but I'd give Leonard the edge.

Tough call as Leonard doesn't have much shimmey in his shake and Rainey is just too small to take the full load. I can see a situation where they alternate who has the better week fantasy wise but I'd give Leonard the edge.

Agree, Leonard is nothing special but will probably get more chances, and will be used on passing downs. Rainey is far too small and also relatively new to the team to handle a lof of pass blocking duties. I woudn't be surprise to see them sign somebody else if James is out long term. I'm pretty desperate but I don't think either of them are of more value than my current dregs like Starks & DanThomas.

It will likely be Leonard getting the majority of carries the next two weeks until Rainey gets a handle on the playbook. After that the picture is cloudier: can Rainey step up and be a third down back (especially pass blocking and receiving)? He was used in the passing game at Western Kentucky, racking up 29 and 36 receptions respectively in his junior and senior years, but he has caught a total of 5 balls for 30 yards in his NFL career. He is also 5 inches shorter and 15 pounds lighter than Leonard. My guess is that it goes 65/35 Leonard/Rainey the next two weeks and more like a 50/50 split after that.

• Like 1

Leonard if you want points every week in a PPR, ranging from say 8ish to 10ish.

Rainey if you want the potential for a bigger game.... but knowing that there could be the off chance he doesn't do anything... his range would be anywhere from a couple/few points up to the higher teens, depending on matchup.

:2cents: