[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I Don't Wish This On Anyone

Orange Crazed

Man, I'm so sorry that happened. Thoughts and prayers coming your way.

Beat Me To It. how many prayers are you going to dedicate to this cause?

Well...since we're at it. I have a 4-5 squad, down by 1pt in a PPR going into last night. I picked up Mike James before the game, and started him instead of Andre Brown. Opponent has only Clay to go. James starts like a house on fire, then SNAP. I'm up by three, and sweat out the whole game.

Finally, at crunch time, I'm up by one. The Bucs run that dumbass boot to the left on 3rd and two with a couple minutes remaining, and Glennon runs out of bounds. Bucs first down, and I win. Well, Fins get it back and first two passes go to Clay. truck me. Season over in that league. :bag:

Had two guys in our league forget to set their line-up this week. One had 4 (of 9) players on bye and still won (Tavon Austin scored about half his points, also had AP, Lacy & Jeffrey no QB, WR3, TE or K). The other guy had his kicker on bye, as well as his regular RB pair of Bush/MJD on his bench after their bye and was still starting JStew and Bryce Brown. He lost, but could have won just by plugging his starting RB back in after the bye. To top it off, he was playing the division leader in my division, had he set his line-up and won, I'd now be in first place and a better chance at a higher playoff seed without needing to beat that team head to head later.

Neither guy is new, both been in the league 15 years or more. Both are near the bottom and just forget. One (who cost me) was telling me he just forgot, usually goes home around noon after church and sets his line-up. Got home and they decided to go out to lunch and it slipped his mind.

Drives me nuts. Just today, looked at my line-up, Witten is on bye so I plug in his backup. Why wait until Thursday or later all the time?

Yeah I know, nobody cares but isn't that the whole point of these threads?

Had two guys in our league forget to set their line-up this week. One had 4 (of 9) players on bye and still won (Tavon Austin scored about half his points, also had AP, Lacy & Jeffrey no QB, WR3, TE or K). The other guy had his kicker on bye, as well as his regular RB pair of Bush/MJD on his bench after their bye and was still starting JStew and Bryce Brown. He lost, but could have won just by plugging his starting RB back in after the bye. To top it off, he was playing the division leader in my division, had he set his line-up and won, I'd now be in first place and a better chance at a higher playoff seed without needing to beat that team head to head later.

Neither guy is new, both been in the league 15 years or more. Both are near the bottom and just forget. One (who cost me) was telling me he just forgot, usually goes home around noon after church and sets his line-up. Got home and they decided to go out to lunch and it slipped his mind.

Drives me nuts. Just today, looked at my line-up, Witten is on bye so I plug in his backup. Why wait until Thursday or later all the time?

Wow this would pizz me off

I once lost a playoff spot in a 16 team BOTH because someone didn't start a viable kicker and gave another team a victoy to take my spot

If this could have cost me a playoff spot I'd be a lot more pissed. The guy was telling me how he checked his teams (2 leagues) Thursday and set the line-up in his other league for somebody playing that night. But didn't touch this league "because I'll do that later". How long does it take, putting regular starters back into your line-up after their bye? Oh well, I hope it at least costs him a playoff spot.

We have booted guys for this sort of honda

We have booted guys for this sort of honda

You've kicked guys out of your league for forgetting to set their lineup? It was an honest mistake, it was NOT an intentional attempt at tanking or giving the other team a win. What if I left a player in my line-up who was inactive, is that grounds for kicking them out? (I had that happen with Calvin earlier this year.)

If it happens repeatedly or with the same owner I'll propose some sort of punishment, say $5 fee that goes into the money pot. Not sure I want to start down that path, deciding whether they set their line-up properly or not (players on bye, not returning players who started every week after a bye, etc.). Just to be clear, this league is on CBS and our line-up carries over from week to week. You do not have to go in and set a line-up every week, these guys had a line-up but they had players on bye or others who were only in the week before to cover a bye.

My co-comish mentioned it in the weekly write-up, even saying how he understands owners becoming less interested when their team isn't in the hunt because it happens to him. Ending with something lile "Well everybody paid their fee so its their team to run how they want. I guess." Tat doesn't really help with trying to get a change.

Hopefully it won't happen a lot going forward. I'll probably bring it up at the draft to see what others think, whether we need to do something to address it. Problem is you can never stop it, and fining the owner a few $ isn't going to help when it messes with somebody's playoff chances.