[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I Don't Wish This On Anyone

Orange Crazed

Years ago i had a matchup that went down to the wire on monday night. My opponent had Jake Plummer going. With about a minute left Denver had the game all wrapped up and I was tied with my opponent. I said screw it, turned the tv off and went to bed. Woke up the next morning to find out I had won. I didn't consider the fact that Plummer proceded to take a knee twice to end the game, losing a yard each time and i won by .2. :oops:

You've kicked guys out of your league for forgetting to set their lineup? It was an honest mistake, it was NOT an intentional attempt at tanking or giving the other team a win. What if I left a player in my line-up who was inactive, is that grounds for kicking them out? (I had that happen with Calvin earlier this year.)

If it happens repeatedly or with the same owner I'll propose some sort of punishment, say $5 fee that goes into the money pot. Not sure I want to start down that path, deciding whether they set their line-up properly or not (players on bye, not returning players who started every week after a bye, etc.). Just to be clear, this league is on CBS and our line-up carries over from week to week. You do not have to go in and set a line-up every week, these guys had a line-up but they had players on bye or others who were only in the week before to cover a bye.

My co-comish mentioned it in the weekly write-up, even saying how he understands owners becoming less interested when their team isn't in the hunt because it happens to him. Ending with something lile "Well everybody paid their fee so its their team to run how they want. I guess." Tat doesn't really help with trying to get a change.

Hopefully it won't happen a lot going forward. I'll probably bring it up at the draft to see what others think, whether we need to do something to address it. Problem is you can never stop it, and fining the owner a few $ isn't going to help when it messes with somebody's playoff chances.

Repeated unfilled lineups is a total lack of involvement. One clown who doesnt take the league seriously screws it up for the rest who do. If you cant manage to check your team once a week to set a lineup, then my league isnt for you. The other owners agree too. We are a long time league who knows each other well. Inactive dude knew he needed to go so no hard feelings.

I got you all beat. I lost to a last minute Rodgers scramble. Lost by .06. Not .6 Not even a full tenth of a point...I've lost three times by less than a point in this league. Had Martin, S-Jax and David Wilson but am 5-5 and with some trades I'm still in the hunt for the playoffs. Perserverance baby!!!

Repeated unfilled lineups is a total lack of involvement. One clown who doesnt take the league seriously screws it up for the rest who do. If you cant manage to check your team once a week to set a lineup, then my league isnt for you. The other owners agree too. We are a long time league who knows each other well. Inactive dude knew he needed to go so no hard feelings.

I will be talking to some of the other owners before next year's draft to get opinions. And if it does happen repeatedly I'd talk directly to the other owner, and to my co-commish again. Its always been a friendly but competitive league, some guys just don't seem to care, moreso this year with a clear group of 5 good teams, with the other 7 either in the toilet or battling for the last playoff spot.

I will be talking to some of the other owners before next year's draft to get opinions. And if it does happen repeatedly I'd talk directly to the other owner, and to my co-commish again. Its always been a friendly but competitive league, some guys just don't seem to care, moreso this year with a clear group of 5 good teams, with the other 7 either in the toilet or battling for the last playoff spot.

I've seen this happen more in BOTH league ( where I would think it'd happen less since this is a FF forum) than my locals

A few years after I joined my first H2H league, I traded For Sean Alexander. I was also playing that same team the following weekend. The seehawks were playing in the MNF game and I was like behind by 30 points in a TD only league. Alexander had a career game and I edged him out for the win.

A few years after I joined my first H2H league, I traded For Sean Alexander. I was also playing that same team the following weekend. The seehawks were playing in the MNF game and I was like behind by 30 points in a TD only league. Alexander had a career game and I edged him out for the win.

Actually SNF: http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/200209290sea.htm