[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

We are not watching football anymore

Cowboyz1

Oh now hold on just one minute there pal. If that happened to Romo, not only would it NOT be a penalty but the fumble would have led to a game winning drive. Moreover, we would all be in here reading about how he sucks and how that fumble was the overwhelming proof that, In fact, Romo is a choker and can't be trusted in big games. It would also be pointed out that he should have tucked the ball like every other QB in the league does when there are defenders around. AND I might add, there would be a general consensus that the hit was not only LEGAL but righteous in every way.

If that would have happened to Romo this thread would not be here. In it's place would be an indictment on how our right tackle sucks as he let Brooks kill our QB and we can't win with that kind of line play. All the while quips of "Romo holds on to the ball to long" and should have seen the pressure coming like the other great QB's of the league do.

:lol:

Edited by BillyBalata

The Falcons suck again, what else is new. I've come to terms with my own team's suckitude. You guys should try it some time.

Suck again. Wasn't this the same team team which were one of the picks to go the the Superbowl only a year removed from a 13-3 season. I mean with Matty Ice tossin the pigskin the Atlanta Falcons were on the verge of being the next Dynasty. If I recall Steven Jackson was the final piece to the proverbial puzzle. Why just last year Matty Ice was being compared to the NFL greats, with his "carry his team on his back" attitude combined with his field general prowess only eclipsed by his uncanny ability to make all the right decisions while under any amount of pressure. Never mind the guy has arms like Olive Oil with a build that makes you wonder if he could hold up to a stiff breeze. But I digress. I can't believe your throwing in the towel already. I mean this is precisely the situation that Matty Ice lives for. I mean the table is set.

2 and 8 with 6 games left in their season. Matty Ice staring at a must win gauntlet of 6 games, starting with the division leading New Saints on Sunday. No JJ, a gimpy White and no running game, no problem. Matty Ice takes everyone around him play to new levels that they didn't know they had. This may be perhaps the greatest 6 game streak in NFL history. One that Papa Falcons will tell their little Falcons how Matty Ice, undermanned and behind the eight ball, willed his team to 6 straight victories, while pushing his team to 8-8 and the brink of the playoffs. Matty Ice, the laser armed leader of men, legend and dare I say, first ballet HOF'er. :usa:

Edited by Cowboyz1

It's very interesting that you find Atlanta's season that shocking. As a Dallas fan, I figure that you would have lots of experience with good teams on paper that never materialize. :innocent:

It's very interesting that you find Atlanta's season that shocking. As a Dallas fan, I figure that you would have lots of experience with good teams on paper that never materialize. :innocent:

What, we didn't even sniff the playoffs last year. Well maybe we sniffed them but if was a from a pretty good distance away. While the Falcons were 13-3 last year. 13-3 to 2-8 the following year. 13-3 is far cry from 8-8.

Edited by Cowboyz1

It's irrelevant where he first hit him, it's where it ends up. If you block a guy in the chest and your hand slides up into his grill, you're still called for illegal hands to the face. He might have started out fine, but he ended up with his arms around the neck. Penalty every time.

Actually that's not true. It depends upon the circumstances and whether initial contact was legal. If you start blocking a guy and he slips or tries to lower his CoM and his actions bring his head into play, that is still legal. If the blocker instead initiates legal contact and then moves his hands upward to the head, that is illegal.

Another example is blocking in the back. If initial contact is made legally to the front of a player and contact maintained, the player being blocked may turn his back such as trying to spin away from the block, but the block is still legal.

It's all about initial PoC and whose actions created a question of legality.

Actually that's not true. It depends upon the circumstances and whether initial contact was legal. If you start blocking a guy and he slips or tries to lower his CoM and his actions bring his head into play, that is still legal. If the blocker instead initiates legal contact and then moves his hands upward to the head, that is illegal.

Another example is blocking in the back. If initial contact is made legally to the front of a player and contact maintained, the player being blocked may turn his back such as trying to spin away from the block, but the block is still legal.

It's all about initial PoC and whose actions created a question of legality.

[CherryPicking] I think it's safe to "assume" what type of plays he was talking about.

You don't have to be college educated to know that getting hit hard in the head can lead to physical issues. I don't care if your Seau or Duerson or whoever. I think a 4th grade education will tell you that consistently colliding your head in to things can be harmful.I agree with some of what the nfl did. Head hunting and shooting for the knees shouldn't be tolerated but the NFL has taken it to the extreme and on bang bang plays they are giving the benefit of the doubt to the offense. I don't know how anyone can even play db anymore. You cant touch someone after 5 yards, you cant jar the ball loose with a hit unless you hit them in a spot that has a radius of about 3 inches . Im not blood thirsty. I don't want to see guys get decapitated on the field. I just don't want it to the extreme it is now. There has to be some "incidental contact" situations that don't get flagged. I have seen a defender try and block a pass while rushing up the middle and his hand grazes the qbs helmet on the downswing and bang 15 yards. The blow probably couldn't kill a fly if it were between the helmet and the defenders hand .

Edited by whomper

You don't have to be college educated to know that getting hit hard in the head can lead to physical issues. I don't care if your Seau or Duerson or whoever. I think a 4th grade education will tell you that consistently colliding your head in to things can be harmful.I agree with some of what the nfl did. Head hunting and shooting for the knees shouldn't be tolerated but the NFL has taken it to the extreme and on bang bang plays they are giving the benefit of the doubt to the offense. I don't know how anyone can even play db anymore. You cant touch someone after 5 yards, you cant jar the ball loose with a hit unless you hit them in a spot that has a radius of about 3 inches . Im not blood thirsty. I don't want to see guys get decapitated on the field. I just don't want it to the extreme it is now. There has to be some "incidental contact" situations that don't get flagged. I have seen a defender try and block a pass while rushing up the middle and his hand grazes the qbs helmet on the downswing and bang 15 yards. The blow probably couldn't kill a fly if it were between the helmet and the defenders hand .

to the first bolded...it wasn't very long ago where players with concussions were sent back into games. I think it's safe to say that education about concussions has vastly improved but in the past many people, not just players didn't know exactly how bad a concussion or repeated concussions could be.

To the second bolded...that's how the rule was initially was implemented but it has since been changed and that incidental wouldn't kill a fly contact isn't a penalty now.

• Like 1

Also, couldn't the nfl just use boxing as a barometer as to what getting hit in the head can lead to ? It amazes me how people swallow this crap that now after extensive studies the nfl has revealed this mind blowing data regarding head injuries. All they had to do was show a video of Leon Spinks. It would have saved them a crapload of money

to the first bolded...it wasn't very long ago where players with concussions were sent back into games. I think it's safe to say that education about concussions has vastly improved but in the past many people, not just players didn't know exactly how bad a concussion or repeated concussions could be.

To the second bolded...that's how the rule was initially was implemented but it has since been changed and that incidental wouldn't kill a fly contact isn't a penalty now.

I saw a play a few weeks back that would contradict this but I will take your word on it that change was officially made.

Yeah, well your punctuation sucks.

It's called beer. When you're of age you'll have your moments too.

Uh-oh, the punctuation police are out to get me on a message board! Besides, not caring about punctuating my sentences is far less of a crime than being utterly clueless and flat out stupid. Not pointing my finger at anyone btw, it was simply an observation. If you take offense to it then so be it.

Stop it already , they ( NFL players ) new the job was dangerous when they signed up for it but took the job anyways

Most have been playing since HS , have seen all the injuries and foul hits on players for years before they signed up.

They still took the job , so I'm not going to make a case for either side of such a close call

Uh-oh, the punctuation police are out to get me on a message board! Besides, not caring about punctuating my sentences is far less of a crime than being utterly clueless and flat out stupid. Not pointing my finger at anyone btw, it was simply an observation. If you take offense to it then so be it.

You seem to have difficulty with comprehension as well. It was sarcasm, genius. I was poking fun at you. :doh:

You seem to have difficulty with comprehension as well. It was sarcasm, genius. I was poking fun at you. :doh:

Probably too far below his intelligence level to comprehend.

In any case, I think this guy has some real potential. He thinks he's the smartest guy in the room and he doesn't care who he pisses off. I anticipate some great future revelry is in store.

Probably too far below his intelligence level to comprehend.

In any case, I think this guy has some real potential. He thinks he's the smartest guy in the room and he doesn't care who he pisses off. I anticipate some great future revelry is in store.

I'm rarely, if ever the smartest guy in the room, but I'm also never the dumded either. :tup:

Feel the wrath of the sausage king! Read it and tremble!

Also, couldn't the nfl just use boxing as a barometer as to what getting hit in the head can lead to ? It amazes me how people swallow this crap that now after extensive studies the nfl has revealed this mind blowing data regarding head injuries. All they had to do was show a video of Leon Spinks. It would have saved them a crapload of money

:rofl: Leon is the right one to use to make your point unless you are in an argument about drug abuse

I understand that, but his statement was inaccurate. I was just providing a correction.

[CherryPicking] I think it's safe to "assume" what type of plays he was talking about.

Actually, that's a great observation and pretty relevant, and one could almost make that argument here. If the initial hit were to the body and in the process of the QB trying to break a tackle it had ended up around the neck, that might have been a different story. I think it's clear wasn't the case here, the LB's own momentum is what caused it.