[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Scoring differences

dhend25

Hello all,

New to the forum and relatively new to "Fantasy Football". My particular league awards points in the "hundreds", i.e. most QB's earn between 80 and 120 pts in our league. RB's earn between 40 and 70 pts. each week. When I watch the fantasy shows on tv or online, the commentators refer to fantasy pts. in single digits, ie. 10 pts. or 5 pts., or maybe 20 pts for a QB.

What is the difference here that I'm missing. I've google searched this topic but there doesn't seem to be an explanation.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts or comments on this question.

DH

Usual FF scoring is 6pt per running or receiving TD, 3-4pts for a passing TD. Plus 2pts for 2pt conversion. Plus 1pt/10 yds running or receiving and 1pt for 20-25 yards passing. These can be broken into decimal scoring. Point Per Reception (PPR) can also be in place. .Kickers have 1pt for extra point and 3-5 points for FG depending on distance. This can also have decimal scoring.

They usually use team defense instead of individual defensive players. For this usual is 1pt/sack, 2pts/turnover and 6pts for a TD. Points can be added for points allowed or yards allowed.

My best guess is your scoring is inflated. Where a rushing td/ receiving td are worth 6 points and one point for every 10 yards. Your league scoring is probably along the lines of 15 points a td and 3-5 points every 10 yards (totally guessing) would be the biggest difference, I assume.

Hello all,

New to the forum and relatively new to "Fantasy Football". My particular league awards points in the "hundreds", i.e. most QB's earn between 80 and 120 pts in our league. RB's earn between 40 and 70 pts. each week. When I watch the fantasy shows on tv or online, the commentators refer to fantasy pts. in single digits, ie. 10 pts. or 5 pts., or maybe 20 pts for a QB.

What is the difference here that I'm missing. I've google searched this topic but there doesn't seem to be an explanation.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts or comments on this question.

DH

a decimal point ?

Yeah must be some heavily inflated scoring from normal, or lots of bonuses for things like long scores. No single player in my league or most that I've seen averages close to 100 points a game. In our league the high scores are usually 100-120, a good single player score is 30 (e.g. Megatron this week 179 yards [17 pts] and 2 tds [12pts]).

Most I've ever seen: I played in a strange work league years ago, with TDs worth 6 pts if less than 20 yards, 9 if 21 - 49, 12 if greater. PLUS if the player scoring the TD did it in an "unusual" way, those points were doubled! Unusual meant QB rushing TD, WR throwing or rushing, RB catching or throwing. You can see that some unusual big scores could be had - but never in the 100 per player range. I remember drafting Eric Metcalf, who was a RB, but like Sproles and Woodhead was used mostly in passing game. He had several long TD receptions, worth 24 points! BTW I won the league several times with picks like that and Mark Brunnel who ran in a bunch!

How is a RB catch considered unusual?

Note the "quotes" on unusual, simply meant not scoring as the position name implied (RUNNING back, wide RECEIVER, etc. This was in the early 90's and I think it was much more unusual then than now. Maybe some computer spurt could look up stats from that period and see if it was kinda unusual?

Not sure but many RB's have thrown TD passes ,,, without looking which RB threw more TD's then Walter Payton or LT ?

come on you bunch of sour pusses ,,, no one knew Frank Gifford was a RB that loved to pass TD's before becoming a WR