[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

CAR/NE

BeeR

I have no dog in this fight, but Cam is such a jack_ss, it actually makes it easy to have been pulling for the Pats in this game...

Oh, and that was most definitely pass interference, with or without a dog in the fight.

Cam is a jack-ss??? Brady didn't even shake the man's hand after the game.....that is a classless jack-ss imo... :smash:

• Like 1

I have no dog in this fight, but Cam is such a jack_ss, it actually makes it easy to have been pulling for the Pats in this game...

Oh, and that was most definitely pass interference, with or without a dog in the fight.

Ya but in interest of full disclosure you didn't mention whether you had a dog in the fight or not.

Seemed like a very obvious penalty to me. And it seems chicken crap for them to leave without giving an explanation.

Agreed. Here's the official NFL playing rule:

ILLEGAL CONTACT BEYOND FIVE-YARD ZONE

Beyond the five-yard zone, if the player who receives the snap remains in the pocket with the ball, a defender

may use his hands or arms only to defend or protect himself against impending contact caused by a

receiver. If the receiver attempts to evade the defender, the defender cannot chuck him, or extend an

arm(s) to cut off or hook him, causing contact that redirects, restricts, or impedes the receiver in any way.

The interception is not relevant.

Edited by stethant

wow... Patriots get burned by the refs. That's a first. Another 100 times and maybe it will come close to evening out.

Seriously, that was a terrible no-call (actually it was called but flag picked up... total BS). I truly hope the Patriots eat sh*t and lose all remaining games, but I do have to say they got hosed.

• Like 1

wow... Patriots get burned by the refs. That's a first. Another 100 times and maybe it will come close to evening out.

It'll never even out - the ridiculous blown calls on the Tyree play will never be rectified.

Cam is a jack-ss??? Brady didn't even shake the man's hand after the game.....that is a classless jack-ss imo... :smash:

He was going after the refs, who were running away. Had nothing to do with shunning the other team.

He was going after the refs, who were running away. Had nothing to do with shunning the other team.

I agree w that, but also don't blame people for saying that as belichick has been criticized in the past for storming off the field before shaking hands, fair or not.

Also if I was one of those refs I would've laughed in mallets face and told him to go back and grab his clipboard before he heads into the locker on.

I think cam gets somewhat of a bad rap. Talib was far and away the biggest jagoff out there last night. Cam can celebrate excessively at times (think giants last year when he did his superman celebration down 3 scores), but I think he's cut that out this year. Football is ultimately a game, and I think he's good for the sport. If I was an 8 year old kid and cam handed me a football after a TD it would probably make my life.

What are you talking about with regard to Tyree?

The play that lost the Pats the SB a few years back . . . Eli was 110% in the grasp and I'm surprised there wasn't a WWE ref raising Wilfork's arm to see if he was still conscious at the end of the play - dude was locked into a full-on sleeper hold. No amount of subsequent favorable calls will make up for losing a SB on one play of horrific calls.

Agreed. Here's the official NFL playing rule:

ILLEGAL CONTACT BEYOND FIVE-YARD ZONE

Beyond the five-yard zone, if the player who receives the snap remains in the pocket with the ball, a defender

may use his hands or arms only to defend or protect himself against impending contact caused by a

receiver. If the receiver attempts to evade the defender, the defender cannot chuck him, or extend an

arm(s) to cut off or hook him, causing contact that redirects, restricts, or impedes the receiver in any way.

The interception is not relevant.

First, pretty sure that illegal contact does not apply once the ball is in the air, which it was when that contact on Gronk happened.

Second, after the play, the MNF crew had on their official expert (former official, forget the name) and he said that since the interception happened up field (between the passer and receiver) that the pass intefernce cannot happen. I have heard that before, and it may relate to a tipped pass or one otherwise contacted by the defense after thrown (which overrides certain penalties like PI).

Here is one link I found covering the play that has some explanation

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/9998990/new-england-patriots-seek-explanation-game-ending-play