[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Poor Matt Ryan, lost his nickname

Cowboyz1

Injured stud receivers. No running game. Horrible defense. Not his fault.

He's sucked hard lately too, but people don't realize how woefully bad the Falcons O line is, and how that seems to have him rattled. He would be fine with inexperienced receivers with a better O line, but he can't do it without both.

4th and long they try a 52 field goal. At 2-8 what they hell you have to lose. Looks like the coaches have no confidence in Matty Ice either. You have to go for it there. You can't expect to stop Brees and co. Oh how the mighty have fallen. 13-3 and a few plays away from the Superbowl to this.

Edited by Cowboyz1

I was more disappointed with his slide inside the 10 yard line on third down. Really?

Yeah, ole Matty Ice froze up there. Showed his team just how bad he wants to get back to winning. Don't think they won't notice in the film room. You can pack up your Falcons for the year.

He wasn't running that in, as soon as he saw that, he slid.

Believe what you want, but Ryan looked a lot more like himself when the O line didn't have him on his back. I don't know how you could watch that game and not see the problem is the line.

yeah, I know what it's like watching your QB try to play behind a poor line. However, that seems to be no excuse as much as I agree with your assessment. Ryan doesn't get beat up or jumped on near as much as some other QB's I know.

yeah, I know what it's like watching your QB try to play behind a poor line. However, that seems to be no excuse as much as I agree with your assessment. Ryan doesn't get beat up or jumped on near as much as some other QB's I know.

Ryan also had dozens of comebacks with not much better lines and bad defenses he had to put on his back.

I know misery loves company, but you're not going to win the comparison battle.

Ryan also had dozens of comebacks with not much better lines and bad defenses he had to put on his back.

I know misery loves company, but you're not going to win the comparison battle.

Really all I am comparing is the press coverage. Ryan in Atlanta gets little criticism regardless of whats around him. Same with Eli and his 15 picks. Just odd how some QB's get completely beat up repeatedly while others don't.

New nickname contest:

Matty Lice - as in put him on your bench and keep the rest of your team away. Don't want to comb out those little critters.

Matty Overpriced - waste of a 3 or 4 round pick

Matty Yo Better Think Twice - are really going to start him?

I, for one, am tickled when Cowboy fans try talking junk about other teams (and especially their QBs).... when their team (and especially their QB) has been a massive heap of disappointment and a waste of talent for several years now.

As others have said, look at what Ryan is working with: below-average OL, underperforming defense, their #1 WR out, their #2 WR hobbled.... heck, if the Cowboys suffered that same fate they'd probably be under .500 too.... oh wait, they probably WILL be after this week. :tup:

I, for one, am tickled when Cowboy fans try talking junk about other teams (and especially their QBs).... when their team (and especially their QB) has been a massive heap of disappointment and a waste of talent for several years now.

As others have said, look at what Ryan is working with: below-average OL, underperforming defense, their #1 WR out, their #2 WR hobbled.... heck, if the Cowboys suffered that same fate they'd probably be under .500 too.... oh wait, they probably WILL be after this week. :tup:

if I change my user name to Howboutthemdodgers and keep the avy, would I then be allowed to criticize an overrated NFL QB? :rolleyes: Edited by HowboutthemCowboys

This thread cracks me up ,, I'm already getting all giggly like a little girrrrrlllll and how cheap I'm going to get him after the season ends and we can start trading players again , the owner in the league I'm after him also has Rogers and is in the toilet so will get a great early 1st round pick. I have no one at QB but Peyton ( he may be good for 1 more year ) and Glennon

The owner is saying things like " if I was in the running I would waiver Matt for a good Def "

I sure hope he doesn't change his mind between now and the end of the season