[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Week 13 Lineup Decisions

Gopher

Funny to find this topic. I came to the site looking at FF points rankings, to see if I dare bench Brees vs #5 Seattle, for Dalton vs #27 San Diego. Also ironic because I traded for Dalton earlier from the team I'm playing, with a playoff spot closer with a win.

Was also looking ar McCown's matchup (vs #31 Minnesota) or Romo vs #26 Oakland. This is 2-QB league and would pair this one with Stafford. Wait, I didn't check his matchup yet! Will this madness ever end? Yes on Thursday or Sunday.

Ah, the fun of November and December, when rational thought goes out the window.

I need to decide between Cleveland D at home vs the Jags OR the Cowboys at home vs the Raiders OR the Dolphins vs the Jets at home. Other than that my only decision is whether to give Colston another shot in my flex. I've got some nasty matchups at WR and I need 4 of 5, VJAX vs the Panthers, DThomas vs the Chiefs, Colston vs the Sea Hawks, Keenan Allen vs the Bengals, Victor Cruz has the Skins who got burned by Boldin, but holy chives Manning is awfull!!

This.

Ryan and RGIII, not a fun decision for Week 13 and beyond as they both are sucking big time. So I picked up Josh McCown and am plugging him into my lineup immediately. Luckily Atlanta has Washington at home in week 15 (if I make it into playoffs) and can start Ryan with relatively decent confidence. Kind of playing it by ear for Week 16 (again, if I make it there). Might just pick up the best available QB for that week as Cutler will be back, and both Ryan and RGIII have horrible matchups, but I'll deal with that as it comes.

QB-Foles over Kaepernick. No brainer

TE-Gronk over Olsen. No brainer

DEF-Baltimore over TBay. No brainer

RB it gets tricky-I have Forte, Murray, Morris. Forte is a lock if he plays. My desire is Forte and Morris, but if I bench Murray and Forte is out then I'm left with Michael Bush, and I'd rather go Murray over Bush

WR-Fitz, Kendall Wright are locks..Just need to figure out between Burleson, Amendola and Shorts for the next.

In my 10-team local (non-ppr), I have to win this week & next to have any chance to make the playoffs. At QB, I've been flip-flopping between Rivers & Wilson. I also have major decisions @ RB. I can pick between F. Jackson, Spiller, P. Thomas, Vereen & Stacy. Stacy would be a no-brainer if he wasn't hurt. Every time I start Spiller he does absolutely nada. Right now I'm leaning towards Vereen & Jackson. Good times. :sick:

Boykin fricking killed me... Not a single catch. I must have started him in at least a half-dozen leagues yesterday, most of which I'm fighting for a playoff spot (or a bye). In one league, I left James Jones, Emmanuel Sanders, and Jerrico Cotchery on my bench (almost my entire offense had Thursday games in that league... crazy). Not that I should have started any of them over Boykin, but it's just funny that two of them scored, and the third had almost 80 yards.

In another league, I not only had Boykin in my lineup, I started Burleson as well. Nothing like taking an 0-fer from two of my four WR's in the final week of the season (when I'm 7-5, and need a win badly). The worst part about it is that I had several other options in that league... Moreno, Rainey, Tate, Boldin (they were both flex spots). Decided to go with the "safer" option, thinking both Boykin and Burleson were locks to at least catch a few passes, while Moreno is iffy with the injury, and the others seem to be sort of up and down.

It's funny how, sometimes, the decisions you weren't even second-guessing are the ones that come back to bite you.

Also picked up Streater in a couple of (shallow) leagues where he was still available, and rolled with him yesterday. Of course, he did OK, but some dude named Holmes comes out of nowhere for 7-8 catches for 130 or so. Other than having Jennings in one league, Burnett (in an IDP league), and Dez/Calvin having decent games, the fantasy gods seemed to be against me yesterday.

Now I'm between Vincent Rey and Robert Mathis in an IDP league. With Burfict questionable, I flipped Rey in. I was considering making the move even if Burfict wasn't dinged but his injury was the deciding factor. Gotta go with the huge upside in that one as I'll be digging my way out of Boykin's goose egg and 4 freakin' points out of Demarcus Ware. At least my last-minute trade/start of Jennings got me 17 points and my opponent's Romo, Jordy and Timmons only scored 32ish points. This is going to be a crazy Sunday.

Stuck with Ivory over Sproles, just not sure how healthy he is. Decided to stay with Rivers and not flip to Dalton though some places said Dalton was better.

On defense, I stayed with the Ravens and regret that (1 point, for 20 allowed, no sacks or turnovers). Bears may be bad but I have this feeling they get more than 1 and hope that doesn't cost me.

Hope everybody made the right decisions this week, I've found its not the time to get cute with my line-up unless I need a homerun game to make it in.

I was very fortunate to get through last week as well as I did. Pretty much made the playoffs in every league that I had a chance in, with the exception of one league where Ponder was my starting QB (have Rodgers also). So, even if I had won in that league, I was essentially done, anyway (and there's nothing for QB's on the waiver wire).

Not only did I take a zero from Boykin in about six leagues, and start Boykin/Burleson in one of those six (which got me a total of zero), I also benched Decker in two leagues (for Boykin in one, and Streater in another). Lesson learned... Decker is pretty close to being stud (start every week) material, if for no other reason than his ceiling (with Manning throwing to him) is pretty darn high.

Going back to Boykin/Burleson, though... This week, I'm faced with the same decision. Last week, I overcame getting a zero from both of them, and still got a win (and made the playoffs). This week, a similar statline from one of them (or both of them) will likely be my demise. Yet, I'm strongly considering starting them again (with Andre Johnson), over the likes of Boldin, Andre Holmes (who I just acquired), Harvin (who won't play), and Kearse. I also have Blackmon, and he's obviously a non-factor as well.

I can't help but think of the old adage "Fool me once, shame on you... Fool me twice, shame on me." Is starting Boykin/Burleson (again) just asking to get burnt (again)? On the other hand, I'm not sure who else I'd start... Boldin (against Sherman and Seattle) scares me, and as much as I'm hoping Holmes is a late-season gem (particularly in a dynasty league), I'm hesitant to plug him in, at least until I hear more about whether or not Moore plays this week.

Decisions, decisions..... :thinking: