[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

An Epitaph for the New York Giants

Cowboyz1

Here lies the New York Giants

Tried to make a run from a 0-6 beginning

Played 4 teams that hadn't been winning

Emboldened by beating some downtrodden teams

Came into week 12 with victory dreams

"There'll be blood of the field" their leaders did chant

"I guarantee win" did one corner rant

As they met at the fifty hyped up for the start

Whooping and hollering to show they had heart

But Cowboys just laughed at this comical twist

While the Giants took pleasure in shaking their fist

The Cowboys struck first with a terrible blow

and in Couhglin's face you could see the blood flow

Though the Giants fought back in a desperate bid

The Cowboys pressed on to force on the lid

With 4 minutes left and the game still in doubt

A methodical drive and the Giants bled out

As the Giants lay quiet with nails in their casket

The Cowboys come home with Giant heads in their basket

The season is over for the once proud men in blue

The only thing left is to wonder and stew

On a cold windy day in New York I can say

Hooray to the Cowboys and oh by the way

I told you before, so don't give me no lip

The 4th Quarter was owned by my man known as Slip ;)

Edited by Cowboyz1
  • Like 1

A shorter, sweeter version would go something like this:

Sunday was the fall of the once mighty G-Men;

Dallas slid by a mediocre team - again.

Edited by bud29
  • Like 1

Great Job!! Loved being at the game live and listening to all the Giants' fans moan like a bunch of bitches! Made my season.

Congratulations. Two of your wins is against a team with four wins. A team you beat twice by a combined 8 points. The same team that got smoked by KC and Carolina. The same team that started the season 0-6. Only the Cowboys would crow about BARELY beating a 4 win team twice. Silver linings right Cowboys fans?

Now, show me something. All the time I hear how great the Cowboys are. So show me. You have the Raiders, @ Bears, Packers, @Redskins and Eagles. Prove you are a team to be reckoned with and go 4-1. Control your playoff future by defending your home field (3 games) and winning 1 on the road. Prove that even though 5 of your 6 wins are against teams under .500 that you can finally win meaningful games against quality opponents. MAKE the playoffs first and then WIN a playoff game.

Or is beating a horrible Giants team twice enough for all Cowboy fans to hang their hats on? If so, congratulations. Job well done.

Congratulations. Two of your wins is against a team with four wins. A team you beat twice by a combined 8 points. The same team that got smoked by KC and Carolina. The same team that started the season 0-6. Only the Cowboys would crow about BARELY beating a 4 win team twice. Silver linings right Cowboys fans?

Now, show me something. All the time I hear how great the Cowboys are. So show me. You have the Raiders, @ Bears, Packers, @Redskins and Eagles. Prove you are a team to be reckoned with and go 4-1. Control your playoff future by defending your home field (3 games) and winning 1 on the road. Prove that even though 5 of your 6 wins are against teams under .500 that you can finally win meaningful games against quality opponents. MAKE the playoffs first and then WIN a playoff game.

Or is beating a horrible Giants team twice enough for all Cowboy fans to hang their hats on? If so, congratulations. Job well done.

First off, yes, beating your division rival twice in one season is a big thing when you haven't done it in so long no matter what the record. Secondly, your damn skippy we need to play well and get to the playoffs. This offense with Austin can contend with anyone and darn well should regardless of what this defense does. But to roll up the Giants and stitch up their season is big. At this point we Cowboys fans have to relish small victories. The process in getting to the playoffs is as fun as actually getting there. Once in the whole game changes and one win can vault a team to new confidence levels and at that point anything can happen. But first things first. This team has not shown they can string wins together yet and until they do we won't be going anywhere but right back to mediocrity. Beating the raiders on a short week after a physical game on the road will be a good litmus test for this boys team.

As for your Giants. RIP biatch see ya next spring......................

This season hurts, but it is what it is. I will not "rose color glass" this season. We sucked. On both sides of the ball. I hope we finish strong (Washington, San Diego, Seattle (at home), Detroit and Washington) and go 4-1 or 3-2 to end potentially 8-8 or a more realistic 7-9. But with this season, 5-11 might be more of a possibility. But regardless or how we finish, when you have two Super Bowl wins and 8 playoff wins since 2007 and have not finished below .500 in that time, you expect more. So it will be tough to most likely finish under .500 and out of the playoffs in the same season, something that has not happened since 2004.

And Cowboyz1, I am happy for you. You wear your fandom on your sleeve and I know how much the season means to you. Having two playoff appearances since 2007, two playoff losses and one win and no Super Bowl appearances, all while watching Eli and the Giants win 2 Super Bowls has to be painful. To go from one of the best run and respected organizations in the NFL to what Jerry has done to this franchise has to be extra painful. So, enjoy the rest of the season. Hopefully a playoff berth and a win is in the cards. I will be on the sidelines, licking my wounds and putting my trust in the Giants organization and the football brain trust that they will make the necessary changes to get back to the playoffs and hope this was a one season blip.

Happy Thanksgiving.

This season hurts, but it is what it is. I will not "rose color glass" this season. We sucked. On both sides of the ball. I hope we finish strong (Washington, San Diego, Seattle (at home), Detroit and Washington) and go 4-1 or 3-2 to end potentially 8-8 or a more realistic 7-9. But with this season, 5-11 might be more of a possibility. But regardless or how we finish, when you have two Super Bowl wins and 8 playoff wins since 2007 and have not finished below .500 in that time, you expect more. So it will be tough to most likely finish under .500 and out of the playoffs in the same season, something that has not happened since 2004.

And Cowboyz1, I am happy for you. You wear your fandom on your sleeve and I know how much the season means to you. Having two playoff appearances since 2007, two playoff losses and one win and no Super Bowl appearances, all while watching Eli and the Giants win 2 Super Bowls has to be painful. To go from one of the best run and respected organizations in the NFL to what Jerry has done to this franchise has to be extra painful. So, enjoy the rest of the season. Hopefully a playoff berth and a win is in the cards. I will be on the sidelines, licking my wounds and putting my trust in the Giants organization and the football brain trust that they will make the necessary changes to get back to the playoffs and hope this was a one season blip.

Happy Thanksgiving.

I have no doubt your guys will rebound and be ready to rumble again next year. The league is better with the East competitive. To be perfectly honest, I fear the East has yet to be decided and believe it or not a few untimely loses and the unthinkable could happen. As much as I will the Cowboys to pull away, history proves this thing is far from over and dare I say 8-8 or worse 7-9 could be a division winning record believe it or not. But as I stated before, it's been some time since I was able to take some well positioned shots at the competition. I would wish you good luck the rest of the way but that just wouldn't be honest now would it.