[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

First time I have seen lions play on tv

isleseeya

Furthest thing from a Lion fan (as a Bear fan for life), but I must admit... this team is starting to get hot at the right time. You simply can NOT run on this team, especially when/if your passing game is not in sync. Sure, today's game would have been different had Aaron Rodgers been under center.... but I'll admit... had he been the QB today I don't think it would have made much of a difference.

The Lions' offense is f'ing unstoppable. Megatron is a beast. Burleson/Durham/Ross are a formidable receiving group. And Bush/Bell are a perfect yin/yang thunder/lightning duo.

If I were Seattle/New Orleans at this point I'd be a little scared. Really.

The things you say about Detroit are true on paper. But you omit the carelessness with the football, and the overall dysfunction that is still there. Sure, Suh hasn't torn anyone's helmet off lately, but the team has yet to prove any consistency in discipline or effort. I think some of your post is a knee jerk reaction from how their lines dominated both sides of the ball yesterday. The Lions are probably as good as they are going to get with Schwartz and crew coaching, and it's probably good enough to be a playoff team. They would be better off making it as a wild card IMO so as not to face SF or Carolina/NO in the first round, but the division probably isn't good enough to send any wild card teams to the playoffs this year.

The things you say about Detroit are true on paper. But you omit the carelessness with the football, and the overall dysfunction that is still there. Sure, Suh hasn't torn anyone's helmet off lately, but the team has yet to prove any consistency in discipline or effort. I think some of your post is a knee jerk reaction from how their lines dominated both sides of the ball yesterday. The Lions are probably as good as they are going to get with Schwartz and crew coaching, and it's probably good enough to be a playoff team. They would be better off making it as a wild card IMO so as not to face SF or Carolina/NO in the first round, but the division probably isn't good enough to send any wild card teams to the playoffs this year.

I guess I wasn't clear (and was about 8 rum n' cokes in last night), they're most certainly formidable on paper. If they can take care of the ball - as you mention here - and that D is able to stifle the run, they should be pretty tough.

I have gotten use to the 1st qtr bs of Stafford ...-4pts after two possessions then 30 ave after 4 qtrs....what could be with this team is Brees territory. Gotta be coaching. It's what everyone else says...sloppy at best and lazy most likely.

As a reggie bush owner , fairly nauseating to see how many touches j bell gets and how many plays he is in

Bell is the more complete back. Way more power, better moves between the tackles, just as good a pass catcher, just not as much open field speed as Bush.

Detroit is full of thugs and a db of a head coach. You can run on them, but it has to be outside the tackles - and there's only so much of that you can do. They can be passed on, but have strong firepower on offense. Any given Sunday, but I'm not sure Detroit will know how to win a game against a stout D.

Furthest thing from a Lion fan (as a Bear fan for life), but I must admit... this team is starting to get hot at the right time. You simply can NOT run on this team, especially when/if your passing game is not in sync. Sure, today's game would have been different had Aaron Rodgers been under center.... but I'll admit... had he been the QB today I don't think it would have made much of a difference.

Yeah, if Rodgers had been under center, GB would've scored more, so it would've been like 38-21 Det instead of 40-10.

The things you say about Detroit are true on paper. But you omit the carelessness with the football, and the overall dysfunction that is still there. Sure, Suh hasn't torn anyone's helmet off lately, but the team has yet to prove any consistency in discipline or effort. I think some of your post is a knee jerk reaction from how their lines dominated both sides of the ball yesterday. The Lions are probably as good as they are going to get with Schwartz and crew coaching

Chi/GB/Min fans are happy Jim Schwartz is the Lions coach - he's like a less outrageous Jerry Glanville, who made bad teams better but had a ceiling that kept his teams from ever being true contenders.