[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Off-season Trading

SecondString

I'm in a league that just converted from re-draft to a keeper league this season. Interested in hearing what kinds of rules the keeper leagues some Huddlers are in have regarding making off-season trades, such as:

• Are they allowed?
  • Any time restrictions, such as within a certain time period preceding the draft?
  • Concerns about league page not being active, managing notification, etc.
  • Anything else that should be considered.

Thanks.

I'm in a league that just converted from re-draft to a keeper league this season. Interested in hearing what kinds of rules the keeper leagues some Huddlers are in have regarding making off-season trades, such as:

• Are they allowed?

• Any time restrictions, such as within a certain time period preceding the draft?

• Concerns about league page not being active, managing notification, etc.

• Anything else that should be considered.

Thanks.

A good set of rules that all agree on , then stick by them ! first time keeper / dynasty is where we get the most post about trades being lopsided or should this trade be vetoed

in my leagues it depends on the cost of your keepers, where they are your first X number of picks we allow trades up till a week before draft when our keepers are set,

in the one where we keep for ADP we are allowed to trade players only (no offseason draft pick trades) and once again till about a week before

In my last keeper where we keep for round selected, there is no off season trading. The Nov 22 trade deadline is it, as several owners sandbag their teams each year and we don't want them to be able to buy players in the off season with the extra picks they got

in my leagues it depends on the cost of your keepers, where they are your first X number of picks we allow trades up till a week before draft when our keepers are set,

in the one where we keep for ADP we are allowed to trade players only (no offseason draft pick trades) and once again till about a week before

In my last keeper where we keep for round selected, there is no off season trading. The Nov 22 trade deadline is it, as several owners sandbag their teams each year and we don't want them to be able to buy players in the off season with the extra picks they got

Great info...thx

Off season trading allowed from Monday after the Super Bowl until August 1 when owners announce their keepers.

No add/drops or waiver claims permitted during off-season.

Owners must pay 1/2 of next years dues if trading a first round selection.

No trading draft picks beyond the next season. 2015 draft picks can't be traded until Week 1 of the 2014 season.

Trades can only be for other players or draft picks. No conditional trades.

I'll push trades through in the off-season usually within a few days or a week. Owners will text me if it needs to be done more quickly.

Off season trading allowed from Monday after the Super Bowl until August 1 when owners announce their keepers.

No add/drops or waiver claims permitted during off-season.

Owners must pay 1/2 of next years dues if trading a first round selection.

No trading draft picks beyond the next season. 2015 draft picks can't be traded until Week 1 of the 2014 season.

Trades can only be for other players or draft picks. No conditional trades.

I'll push trades through in the off-season usually within a few days or a week. Owners will text me if it needs to be done more quickly.

Good stuff...thx

We actually allow trading for teams that are eliminated from the playoffs, starting now. Same goes for other teams as they are eliminated from the playoffs. But I don't ever recall a trade happening in that time.

We also allow off season trading, with no real restrictions.

We've never required teams to pay in advance when trading future draft picks and have never had a problem with it. (We've had zero turn over in last 15 years.) But I think that isn't a bad idea, especially if the owners don't know each other well.