[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

CBS Sports FF - 3 touchdown points for one kick off return?

spdn4cr

Hi all,

This is my first year playing fantasy football. I had a game today where my opponent had the KC defense. We use the CBS fantasy football site. KC ran back a kickoff return for a TD in the first half. The site gave KC 18 points for this...6 for DTD, 6 for STTD, and 6 for KRTD (defensive TD, special teams TD, and Kick return TD).....what sorcery is this??!! Is that how it is normally counted? It seems excessive to give a kick off return an instant 18 points in a non PPR standard league but since I'm new maybe I don't know any better...or did our commissioner just bite the bullet when putting in the settings. Thanks!

Speed

Hi all,

This is my first year playing fantasy football. I had a game today where my opponent had the KC defense. We use the CBS fantasy football site. KC ran back a kickoff return for a TD in the first half. The site gave KC 18 points for this...6 for DTD, 6 for STTD, and 6 for KRTD (defensive TD, special teams TD, and Kick return TD).....what sorcery is this??!! Is that how it is normally counted? It seems excessive to give a kick off return an instant 18 points in a non PPR standard league but since I'm new maybe I don't know any better...or did our commissioner just bite the bullet when putting in the settings. Thanks!

Speed

Not knowing a thing about your league rules, I am pretty sure this arises from your commissioner not setting up the scoring properly in the system. The play should count as one of the 3 forms of TD but not all 3 most likely. At least, that is how most leagues would score it.

It's Week 13. How was this not noticed/addressed previously? :thinking:

Ya, that was our fault. We are in a 12 team league and 11 of the 12 teams (including myself) have never played FF before. The commissioner has 25 years experience in it so we assumed everything was fine. It wasn't until today when I actually played against KC that I noticed it...as soon as the kick return happened my opponents score went up 18 points...i was like wtf!? Thanks for the reply :)

Ya, that was our fault. We are in a 12 team league and 11 of the 12 teams (including myself) have never played FF before. The commissioner has 25 years experience in it so we assumed everything was fine. It wasn't until today when I actually played against KC that I noticed it...as soon as the kick return happened my opponents score went up 18 points...i was like wtf!? Thanks for the reply :)

No Problem. As long as the rule has been in place since the beginning of the season and remains in place through the conclusion, plays like yesterday's kick return TD will continue to be "over counted" but (as long as its the same for everyone) its not unfair. Its not quite right and should be changed, but not unfair and there's not much you can do now. Prior to next season, the commish can just change the settings to score that play as one of (but not all 3) scoring plays. Good luck!

Yep, your commish messed up somehow setting up the league.

We only use team defense (does not include special teams scores) and give individuals credit for special teams scores (kick/punt return TDs). We're on CBS but I'm not sure how your commish got that setup that way.

Agree with delicious bass, fix it for next year don't change it mid season.