[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Latest on McCown v. Cutler?

wpayers

Someone here does indeed have a reading comprehension problem. How does me saying I think the smart BUSINESS MOVE for the Bears is to resign Cutler lead you to this statement: since we paid him a crapload of coin before and he has been 'pretty good', we should pay him even MORE coin... because, ya know, that means he'll play even better!".

Because it seems like you agree with it? Do you not?

The thing is, though, McCown hasn't just been putting up mediocre numbers while sliding by opponents. He has been winning AND his stats beat Cutler's by a solid margin. An 11:1 TD:INT ratio is quite a bit better than 13:8. I understand that his opponents have not been incredibly tough, but still, I would at least stick with him until he cools off.

So you know his opponents haven't been tough, but still think the gawdy stats are meaningful, and worth of comparison to Cutlers?

Also you say he is winning, he started the last 4 games (BAL, STL, MIN, DAL) and went 2-2 in those games. And before that he started the GB games. So 3-2 as a starter, while Cutler went 4-2 as a starter in the first 6. (THe split time the other two which were both losses (WAS & DET).

Edited by stevegrab

Tell that to Don Majikowski or Drew Bledsoe.

Rare exceptions not the norm. And I don't recall either guy being replaced by a 34 year old QB who had not been a regular starter most of his career. Not to mention the guys who replaced them will be in the HOF. Anybody think McCown is HOF?

Uh, where exactly am I talking about benching Cutler this week and for the rest of the season? I'm talking about resigning him.

I find your reading comprehension amusing. :tup:

I was talking about the whole discussion, not just your post (probably shouldn't have quote it).

Your view seems that he shouldn't be resigned because of a bunch of things that are not known (like him wanting too much money, etc.).

Others think "Wow McCown has been awesome, only one interception and all these TDs, why should Cutler play he throws more interceptions." Of course they ignore who the opponents were and a whole bunch of other factors. Because raw numbers are all that matters, a common problem with some FF players.

Edited by stevegrab

Rare exceptions not the norm. And I don't recall either guy being replaced by a 34 year old QB who had not been a regular starter most of his career. Not to mention the guys who replaced them will be in the HOF. Anybody think McCown is HOF?

I was talking about the whole discussion, not just your post (probably shouldn't have quote it).

Your view seems that he shouldn't be resigned because of a bunch of things that are not known (like him wanting too much money, etc.).

Others think "Wow McCown has been awesome, only one interception and all these TDs, why should Cutler play he throws more interceptions." Of course they ignore who the opponents were and a whole bunch of other factors. Because raw numbers are all that matters, a common problem with some FF players.

It's been widely reported that he's looking for $20M/season. Which, in my opinion, is too much money.

It's been widely reported that he's looking for $20M/season. Which, in my opinion, is too much money.

What is widely reported and what happens when it comes time for negotiations could be very differeint. In my opinion too many sports fans take all this widely reported stuff as fact, when most of it is just rumor.

I'll bet if CHI doesn't resign him somebody else will.

What is widely reported and what happens when it comes time for negotiations could be very differeint. In my opinion too many sports fans take all this widely reported stuff as fact, when most of it is just rumor.

I'll bet if CHI doesn't resign him somebody else will.

Yep the Vikes for $8M

Cutler, reportedly, is going to start on Sunday @ CLE.

I have Cutler and McCown so I will start whichever one is starting. Sounds like its gonna be Cutler and while that does not exactly thrill me I am definitely not thinking all is lost. Obviously, I share the concern that he'll be rusty and/or tweak the injury. It's not like he's totally incompetent, though. McCown was playing well and it's possible Cutler comes back and plays well, too. Marshall and Jeffery and Bennett and Forte will help whomever is QB :fingerscrossed:
  • Like 1

I have Cutler and McCown so I will start whichever one is starting. Sounds like its gonna be Cutler and while that does not exactly thrill me I am definitely not thinking all is lost. Obviously, I share the concern that he'll be rusty and/or tweak the injury. It's not like he's totally incompetent, though. McCown was playing well and it's possible Cutler comes back and plays well, too. Marshall and Jeffery and Bennett and Forte will help whomever is QB :fingerscrossed:

Trust me, I think Cutler is a good QB. But McCown has been downright excellent (unless you're a Martellus Bennett owner) these past few weeks.

I own Cutler, RG3 and Keenum in a league where I'm in the 2nd round of the playoffs. I've elected to go with Cutler because, well, his upside is higher than Keenum's despite HOU's good matchup. If Cutler rolls that ankle or it tightens up and he plays a half of ball with 150 yards, a score and a pick... well, I knew I was gambling.

I also own Jeffery in that league. I think it's safe to say I'd prefer McCown starting for his production's sake. I also have Forte there so.... yeah.

I own Marshall in my 2nd dynasty that I'm in the playoffs in. I'd actually prefer Cutler there.

So all being said, I really don't care. I just hope the Bears WIN, Cutler stays healthy and is able to get both WRs involved heavily, despite one (or possibly both at one time or another) being blanketed by Joe Haden.

Trust me, I think Cutler is a good QB. But McCown has been downright excellent (unless you're a Martellus Bennett owner) these past few weeks.

I own Cutler, RG3 and Keenum in a league where I'm in the 2nd round of the playoffs. I've elected to go with Cutler because, well, his upside is higher than Keenum's despite HOU's good matchup. If Cutler rolls that ankle or it tightens up and he plays a half of ball with 150 yards, a score and a pick... well, I knew I was gambling.

I also own Jeffery in that league. I think it's safe to say I'd prefer McCown starting for his production's sake. I also have Forte there so.... yeah.

I own Marshall in my 2nd dynasty that I'm in the playoffs in. I'd actually prefer Cutler there.

So all being said, I really don't care. I just hope the Bears WIN, Cutler stays healthy and is able to get both WRs involved heavily, despite one (or possibly both at one time or another) being blanketed by Joe Haden.

With ya

I'd put down some good smack against that.

I don't think anyone will RE-sign him except the Bears.

But then you wouldn't be betting against me, since I said "I'll bet if CHI doesn't resign him somebody else will.". I agree that they will resign him.

FYI We've got a storm rolling in NE Ohio this weekend that will drop some snow Saturday (3-5"). Sunday should be ok maybe a little snow temp around 25.

But then you wouldn't be betting against me, since I said "I'll bet if CHI doesn't resign him somebody else will.". I agree that they will resign him.

FYI We've got a storm rolling in NE Ohio this weekend that will drop some snow Saturday (3-5"). Sunday should be ok maybe a little snow temp around 25.

I've decided to roll with Cutler over Kaepernick. I also have Forte and Jeffery, and may go with Ogbonnaya at flex, so this game is HUGE for me. Not necessarily looking for advice but just saying that I'm all in on the Bears and Cutler (as of this moment).However, if the weather blows than I may rethink.

I've decided to roll with Cutler over Kaepernick. I also have Forte and Jeffery, and may go with Ogbonnaya at flex, so this game is HUGE for me. Not necessarily looking for advice but just saying that I'm all in on the Bears and Cutler (as of this moment).However, if the weather blows than I may rethink.

I don't think the weather will blow, just giving a heads up. Keep in mind last week the Philly game, that was supposed to be a little snow, starting at around 3PM, well into the game. Look how that turned out.

It is always kind of windy at Browns stadium, it is right on the lake and has some holes on the upper deck ends that allow wind to get in and swirl through it. I wouldn't bench any players over the weather.

Going back and forth between Cutler and Matt Ryan.I am just concerned that Cutler might not make it through the whole game, nor will he be able to run like McCown did.

Going back and forth between Cutler and Matt Ryan.I am just concerned that Cutler might not make it through the whole game, nor will he be able to run like McCown did.

FWIW, I'd go Ryan given that same choice. Usually pretty solid at home and going against a team in disarray. My $0.02
  • Like 1

Ogbonnaya is a great flex play against the Bears. Heck any running back against the Bears has been fantasy gold the last 6 weeks or so.

Been riding the McCown train, now have to decide between Cutler or Campbell. Picked up Campbell off the WW because Cutler scares me. He is likely to have a decent game, but also likely to be rusty/inefffective and get benched. Am almost leaning Campbell because at least he has Gordon and Cameron to throw to, no running game, and is unlikely to get benched. So confused??!!

The Bears will now resign Cutler to a long term deal and be stuck where they are for the next 5 years. The rest of the NFC North must be so happy. This is what crappy organizations do.

ugh, at least they don't cheat.

I agree it is the best business move for the Bears. I'm still failing to comprehend why that must mean that I think he'll play better because he gets more money????

Still think it's the "best business move" if the bottom line as an NFL franchise is to win games?

Sure, he "got us a win" against the Browns, but, in typical Cutler fashion, made us sweat it out.

At least one of those two INTs shouldn't have been even thrown as a pass. Triple f'in coverage.

If you think Cutler is the best QB for this team, well maybe you just don't understand football and need to stick to "business".