[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NFL MVP? Peyton or Foles?

Papa Deuce

I saw a story on Yahoo, I think, that said Nick Foles should only be behind Peyton for MVP. Honestly, I don't know if Peyton deserves MVP ( and I am not saying it should be Foles, either ) The Broncos are LOADED with talent, making Peyton's life a whole lot easier. I think it is too easy to just say Peyton is MVP.

If the Eagles win the division, I would think about Foles, but only if they win the division. Clearly the Eagles turnaround started in full when Foles took over.

If I were able to vote TODAY, I would likely give my vote to Calvin Johnson, or Jimmy Graham. But of course, they won't win it.

Who would you give your vote to if you had one?

Or, to be somewhat cynical.... Aaron Rodgers, LOL.... as we see the Packers stink without him.

Edited by Papa Deuce

Peyton is on pace for:

5,500 passing yards (all-time record)

55.66 passing TDs (all-time record)

passer rating of 115.3 (currently 4th best all-time)

436 pass completions (5th most all-time)

Basically one of the best seasons ever by a QB. Like him or hate him, I don't know how anyone can say he isn't the runaway leader for the award at this point.

• Like 4

Peyton is on pace for:

Basically one of the best seasons ever by a QB. Like him or hate him, I don't know how anyone can say he isn't the runaway leader for the award at this point.

This^^^

Peyton is on pace for:

And a team of superstars.

To me, MVP doesn't mean you have the best stats.

Edited by Papa Deuce

Sure, but it's also not meant to be an award given to the player whose team misses him the most (Rodgers). Using that theory, Derrick Rose should have won the NBA MVP last year. :wacko:

• Like 1

No, wins matter too and he has his team currently as the #1 seed...so they're winning too. And just like you don't want to heap rewards on someone for having a team of superstars you can't hold it against them either.

Sure, but it's also not meant to be an award given to the player whose team misses him the most (Rodgers). Using that theory, Derrick Rose should have won the NBA MVP last year. :wacko:

And Peyton should have won it two years ago when the Colts went 2-14

Peyton is on pace for:

But yes well deserving and I believe it will be a trouncing at seasons end with him winning in a landslide

The Broncos are LOADED with talent, making Peyton's life a whole lot easier. I think it is too easy to just say Peyton is MVP.

Who made the RB, WR & TE as good as they are? The QB? Talent? Combination of the two? I think they players around Peyton are talented but Peyton takes them up a notch or two.

• Like 2

Manning IS the NFL. All things considered the MVP will be his. The award is equal parts performance, hype and reputation. As we saw last night, Wilson is probably the league's most dynamic player. He'll get his MVP someday...but not this year, considering the kind of season Manning is having.

Manning IS the NFL. All things considered the MVP will be his. The award is equal parts performance, hype and reputation. As we saw last night, Wilson is probably the league's most dynamic player. He'll get his MVP someday...but not this year, considering the kind of season Manning is having.

This

+ 1

I'd pick Peyton over Foles (or Wilson for that matter) without question for MVP. It's not like Foles is playing with a bunch of bums either. And who exactly thought Moreno would be having this kind of year or even who Julius Thomas was coming into the season. Before last season was Demaryius Thomas a #1 WR? How about Eric Decker becoming an impact WR? One thing corresponds with these player's suddenly becoming stars, and that is when Peyton Manning joined the team. It is NOT a coincidence. You can hate him all you want, but the guy is easily one of the best QB's ever and he's having a career year. He's a no-brainer MVP this season.