[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Weekly Fantasy Games

DMD

Do many of you play these?

Which ones do you play and do you like it?

I looked at DraftStreet and Draft Kings. Have not yet seen Fanduel. Not sure if there are any others.

Draft street uses QB-QB-RB-RB-WR-WR-TE-DEF-FLEX-FLEX $100k cap

Draft kings uses QB-RB-RB-WR-WR-TE-FLEX=K-DEF $50k CAP

Not sure what Fanduel uses.

Not sure I like kickers being there.

Any experiences you care to share?

I have been playing on Fanduel and they go 1Qb, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1K, and 1 Def. They have different salary caps for beginners, regular and expert. The beginner is 65k and the middle is 60k. I have not had any bad experiences, I just think some of these people have time machines to pick some of the lineups that they do!

I'm on FanDuel and I don't know where they get their rankings (and thus salaries) but I have been able to field some "on paper" world beater teams, only to finish out of the money. Of course, I'm only fielding one team and I think these things are turning fantasy football into online poker. Pick a bunch of teams for 5 bucks here, 10 bucks there and see what sticks to the wall. You can turn a $50 or $75 investment into big money if you know how to play the system just right.

I ALWAYS pick one of the cheapest kickers and defenses. On FanDuel, the minimum salary for those is $5k. You can always find one of each that's well worth the minimum and spend your money elsewhere.

I play regularly on Fanduel, have made a pretty substantial profit this year with huge potential for more depending on this weekend.

Which type(s) of contests are you usually in? I am going for the $5 entry ones with usually a large set of entries. Is that not the way to go?

Well no matter what contests you enter you actually have to win to make it work ;)

:thinking: Hmm... well, let's see. My six leagues:

- Huddle Message Board III (best ball, points-only): 1st place

- MSHB (16 team IDP): 15-3 (we have doubleheader weeks)

- AFL (12 team IDP): 9-4 (after going 2-11 last year)

- ConFusion (16 team IDP): 10-3 (228+ ppw, a full 40 ppw more than any other team)

- ATAP (16 team IDP): 5-8, even after trading just about every good player for picks (rebuilding)

- FSWA (10 leagues of 12 teams each): #36 overall regular season, moved up to #12 overall in playoffs

:shrug: Try again, bucko!

Which type(s) of contests are you usually in? I am going for the $5 entry ones with usually a large set of entries. Is that not the way to go?

It differs on sport. I assume we're only talking NFL here. I like to post 5/10/25 h2h's then play about 5-10% of what i'm gambling in tournament entries. Iv'e found by posting I get less experienced players. That may not work as well for some people that don't have as many wins on their profile, as more experienced players will try to take advantage of newer members posting. I like the higher dollar single entries as those score distributions are far lower than mulit-entry tournies. For NBA you can't get as much action, so i'm forced to play in higher dollar value contests if I want more $ played.

It differs on sport. I assume we're only talking NFL here. I like to post 5/10/25 h2h's then play about 5-10% of what i'm gambling in tournament entries. Iv'e found by posting I get less experienced players. That may not work as well for some people that don't have as many wins on their profile, as more experienced players will try to take advantage of newer members posting. I like the higher dollar single entries as those score distributions are far lower than mulit-entry tournies. For NBA you can't get as much action, so i'm forced to play in higher dollar value contests if I want more $ played.

So when you say you "post" them, you're basically inviting some schlub to play you head to head? I haven't tried that.

I guess I've just been trying to hit the home run with the low-entry, huge-participant thing.

Maybe I'll try the H2H thing this weekend. Not like I'm going to leave the house with our high temp being THREE F'ING DEGREES on Saturday.

As much as I once loved the NBA and fantasy basketball, I can't bring myself to get into it anymore. I know that the daily leagues are uber popular though. Man, these sites are just RAKIN' it in.

So when you say you "post" them, you're basically inviting some schlub to play you head to head? I haven't tried that.

I guess I've just been trying to hit the home run with the low-entry, huge-participant thing.

Maybe I'll try the H2H thing this weekend. Not like I'm going to leave the house with our high temp being THREE F'ING DEGREES on Saturday.

As much as I once loved the NBA and fantasy basketball, I can't bring myself to get into it anymore. I know that the daily leagues are uber popular though. Man, these sites are just RAKIN' it in.

I like to post a lot of them so even if post a bad score i'll still win some back. I feel it helps to minimize losses. Sometime's the new guys put out really good lineups, but I play about 200 games each week and just by clicking through lineups some of them make zero sense. Helps to mitigate the rake. As more sites start to emerge I expect fanduel competitors to take some of their market share by offering a lower rake. Over time, I expect it to go down as more people start playing daily games. Low entry huge participant contests are fun, but with the money all located at the very top the chances of you cashing a good amount are very low. The fffc is one of my favorite contests because the final features only 50 participants.

I'm on FanDuel and I don't know where they get their rankings (and thus salaries) but I have been able to field some "on paper" world beater teams, only to finish out of the money. Of course, I'm only fielding one team and I think these things are turning fantasy football into online poker. Pick a bunch of teams for 5 bucks here, 10 bucks there and see what sticks to the wall. You can turn a $50 or $75 investment into big money if you know how to play the system just right.

I ALWAYS pick one of the cheapest kickers and defenses. On FanDuel, the minimum salary for those is $5k. You can always find one of each that's well worth the minimum and spend your money elsewhere.

:thinking: Hmm... well, let's see. My six leagues:

- Huddle Message Board III (best ball, points-only): 1st place

- MSHB (16 team IDP): 15-3 (we have doubleheader weeks)

- AFL (12 team IDP): 9-4 (after going 2-11 last year)

- ConFusion (16 team IDP): 10-3 (228+ ppw, a full 40 ppw more than any other team)

- ATAP (16 team IDP): 5-8, even after trading just about every good player for picks (rebuilding)

- FSWA (10 leagues of 12 teams each): #36 overall regular season, moved up to #12 overall in playoffs

:shrug: Try again, bucko!

Was just making a joke based on the bolded part I read in a prior post of yours which seemed to indicate you were not doing well in these weekly contests.

PS Congrats on those good teams.

I played Draft Kings and Draft Street. Would do better if I had the time but win enough to keep me interested and keep from going broke but not looking to quit my day job yet. I think it's another fun way to play and watch games. If I win a little $$, even better.

I like to post a lot of them so even if post a bad score i'll still win some back. I feel it helps to minimize losses. Sometime's the new guys put out really good lineups, but I play about 200 games each week and just by clicking through lineups some of them make zero sense. Helps to mitigate the rake. As more sites start to emerge I expect fanduel competitors to take some of their market share by offering a lower rake. Over time, I expect it to go down as more people start playing daily games. Low entry huge participant contests are fun, but with the money all located at the very top the chances of you cashing a good amount are very low. The fffc is one of my favorite contests because the final features only 50 participants.

Did you qualify for the FFFC final? I know its held in Vegas this weekend. You're pretty much treated like a king if you make it out there. I'm sure most of these guys had multiple entries every week and eventually hit for a spot in the field. I'm interested to follow along during the live scoring and see how my lineups match up with the "pros". Whoever ends up winning this thing is going home in a private jet and 1 million dollars richer. :shocking: Yeah.......im jealous! Below is the list of payouts.

• 1st: $1,000,000

• 2nd: $300,000

• 3rd: $100,000

• 4th: $60,000

• 5th: $45,000

• 6th: $30,000

• 7th: $25,000

• 8th-10th: $20,000

• 11th-13th: $17,000

• 14th-16th: $15,000

• 17th-20th: $13,000

• 21st-24th: $11,000