[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Thursday Games - Yea or Nay?

DMD

NFL Thursday Games  

84 members have voted

1. 1. Do you Like Thursday games?

• Yes - nice in-week break for football
    • No - Rather keep it on Sunday

I'm on the fence. I kind of like the Thursday game, but it really does put you at a disadvantage in setting your lineup. Plus, it is really taxing on a player to turn around and play on Thursday night, a full 2+ days before your body is really ready for more action, after playing on the previous Sunday. I'm assuming this is the basis of the link you've provided.

I like the game because it gives you another night to enjoy the hobby and track your players... and without having to track 5 other games at the same time. Plus, it gives you one LESS game to have to track on Sunday!

Again, on the fence.... I could be on board with them going back to the old structure where they had TNF in the weeks proceeding Thanksgiving, but that's when most fantasy leagues start having their playoffs.... so you get the lineup quandaries right when you need the MOST clarity!

Setting lineups sucks, and when a player does badly you have to sit on it for three days until Sunday rolls around, stewing in agony. However, I do love watching football on Thursdays as it breaks up the week nicely. I'm one who can't get enough of this 17 week sport.

Although I understand all of the reasons logistically that maybe there should not be Thursday games, I love them, and look forward to them, just like I do Monday games. Having more games at more times is great, gives you a chance to focus on more games instead of having all of them crammed into the same day and choosing which to watch.

Bottom line:

NFL 3 days/week > NFL 2 days/week

I like watching them but think it's not as good football due to less rest in between games for the players. This is a brutal, physically taxing game. I'd like to see them gone but instead the NFL wants to have two Thursday night games. That's almost as bad as an 18 game season.

Hate it, the few games I have seen this year have been pretty poor in quality and I do believe that is because of the short week. I do not have a problem with the traditional Thanksgiving day games though, because there uh....traditional.