[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NFL Draft 2014

BeeR

Houston ends up with Manziel. College Station not that far from Houston and there would be a ready made audience that would love to see him in HOU. He would put people in the stands and that can never be undervalued.

Houston ends up with Manziel. College Station not that far from Houston and there would be a ready made audience that would love to see him in HOU. He would put people in the stands and that can never be undervalued.

You think they take him #1 outright or trade down? I hope they're good at disgusing their hand and find a trade partner. I suppose it wouldn't be too hard since the top of this class is so good and there's depth too.

Taking him #1 could be the biggest draft day blunder in history.

I see Houston taking Bridgewater, then Manziel, Bortles, and Carr going between Jacksonville, Minnesota, and Cleveland. I could see Manziel being decent, with a Russel Wilson style of play, but I could also see him being a huge turnover-prone bust as well. It'll definitely shake things up if Bridgewater decides to stay another year. I personally think he'll go pro though, not only is he the projected #1, but he has his degree already.

You've lost your mind David M. ;) No way are they taking Manziel.

PS here is a link with a series of links to mocks FYI:

http://www.footballs.../mocklinks.html

One of my brothers lives in Houston and I was just talking with him. He was the one who told me how well it would play out in Houston. Personally, probably not the best move but it would not be the first time "get them in the seats" was a first criteria. I wonder how coachable that Manziel will be. Whatever Houston does will be interesting.

Clowney seems like he's going to be the biggest bust. He's getting all this hype due to one big hit, and he turned that into a final season in college being a big diva.

And from the games I've seen of S. Carolina, I don't see a guy just totally dominating his competition like a Suh did.

• Like 1

Maybe its just me, but I'm not overly excited about this years draft. Some nice players at QB if you have the need, a LB or two, a couple DE's but beyond that, nothing is screaming at me this year to keep a first rounder or trade up in Dynasties to get that uber stud LB. I might just keep trading down and load up on 4th-8th round fliers or sell them all for FA bidding cash.

I like this article. I mean how could you possibly pressure any team that was the worst in the league, has no coach and is on a 14 game losing streak? How could they possibly feel any pressure?

"To continue reading this story, you will need to be a digital subscriber to HoustonChronicle.com." pfft

PS O'Brien sound like a lock to coach HOU. Also, would worst to first really be such a surprise? Colts nearly did it last year and HOU still has a lot of talent, including I suspect Bridgewater, who though a rook has more athleticism/etc than Schaub ever did.

Edited by BeeR

One of my brothers lives in Houston and I was just talking with him. He was the one who told me how well it would play out in Houston. Personally, probably not the best move but it would not be the first time "get them in the seats" was a first criteria. I wonder how coachable that Manziel will be. Whatever Houston does will be interesting.

I hear you on the logic, but was that ever being the #1 criteria for the overall #1 pick? I really doubt it. I could see that if he lasted to the 2.01, but I really doubt that happens either.
  • Like 1

I know but the title alone says it all - "Worst to first could happen for Texans"

Bad enough to come off a nightmarish season but now they are already saying they could be in first place next year. Andy Reid has destroyed the term "rebuilding year" apparently.

Clowney seems like he's going to be the biggest bust. He's getting all this hype due to one big hit, and he turned that into a final season in college being a big diva.

And from the games I've seen of S. Carolina, I don't see a guy just totally dominating his competition like a Suh did.

agreed. I PRAY he doesn't somehow end up in Dallas

Watched Bortles in his bowl game tonight. Didn't impress me as much as Bridgewater did. Made some bad decisions and inaccurate throws - overall he was pretty solid, but really didn't "wow" me much. I think he could work on his throw accuracy a bit, some passes right on the money but he missed some open receivers at times. My guess would be that he goes pro, but I don't think another year of college would be terrible for him.

Seems like that might get fans in the seat in the short term, but if the pick doesn't work out, the team would lose in the long run.