[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NFL Draft 2014

BeeR

I watched a little of Clowney yesterday and he is very good. They doubled him all day and he was constantly in the backfield pushing the LT back into the QB on many occasions. He will be worth the high pick, but I'm just not sure Houston can afford not to draft a QB #1. It is such an issue for them right now the best solution would be to trade down about 3 spots, draft Clowney, then trade back up and get one of the top QB's. They have to address the QB issue early this year as I don't think this team is that far from fighting for home field advantage.

• Like 1

Maybe its just me, but I'm not overly excited about this years draft. Some nice players at QB if you have the need, a LB or two, a couple DE's but beyond that, nothing is screaming at me this year to keep a first rounder or trade up in Dynasties to get that uber stud LB. I might just keep trading down and load up on 4th-8th round fliers or sell them all for FA bidding cash.

Its probably just you because you're using a narrow focus of fantasy drafts in dynasty leagues.

Yep, just me :rollseyes:

Most people in the thread are discussing the draft in general, what teams need now and so on. Your the only one saying it doesn't interest you because there's nobody to jump up for in your dynasty draft.

What am I missing?

Maybe its just me, but I'm not overly excited about this years draft. Some nice players at QB if you have the need, a LB or two, a couple DE's but beyond that, nothing is screaming at me this year to keep a first rounder or trade up in Dynasties to get that uber stud LB. I might just keep trading down and load up on 4th-8th round fliers or sell them all for FA bidding cash.

:lol: This is one of the most top-loaded drafts in years. With PLENTY of depth at all positions. Sounds like someone traded away all of his high picks and is now trying to convince himself he made the right moves.

Watched Bortles in his bowl game tonight. Didn't impress me as much as Bridgewater did. Made some bad decisions and inaccurate throws - overall he was pretty solid, but really didn't "wow" me much. I think he could work on his throw accuracy a bit, some passes right on the money but he missed some open receivers at times. My guess would be that he goes pro, but I don't think another year of college would be terrible for him.

First I saw of Bortles myself and in some regards he reminded me of a VERY poor man's Andrew Luck. Please don't construe that as me saying he's anywhere the prospect Luck was, but he has a lot of the same kinds of tools, size and athletic ability.

He's the kind of QB you get into a good system with an excellent QB coach, offensive coordinator and vet QB to learn under, and this kid would be something in 3-4 years.

I watched a little of Clowney yesterday and he is very good. They doubled him all day and he was constantly in the backfield pushing the LT back into the QB on many occasions. He will be worth the high pick, but I'm just not sure Houston can afford not to draft a QB #1. It is such an issue for them right now the best solution would be to trade down about 3 spots, draft Clowney, then trade back up and get one of the top QB's. They have to address the QB issue early this year as I don't think this team is that far from fighting for home field advantage.

Clowney is the real deal. He may have been overhyped a tad after that monster hit but was a force from day one. And as you mention, this dude has faced double and triple teams for 2 years now.

Get this guy in an NFL weight room with NFL conditioning programs and let him run free and he'll be a beast.

• Like 2

:lol: This is one of the most top-loaded drafts in years. With PLENTY of depth at all positions. Sounds like someone traded away all of his high picks and is now trying to convince himself he made the right moves.

I can't speak for Taz , but that is what I did to get Hopkins :angry:

Will maybe I can grab a sleeper late in the 2nd :unsure:

Just a little somethin' to whet the appetites...

Quarterback: You have guys like Bridgewater, Bortles and Carr who look like they're the real deal. You have another mid-level group including Johnny Football, McCarron, Boyd, Mettenberger, Thomas and Murray who could be solid in the right situation with the right seasoning. And then you have a set of sleepers like Fales, Garappolo and Franklin. Deep, with good top-end talent.

Running Back: OK so maybe there isn't a set of guys that are sure-fire hits here but the depth is palpable. Plus, the NFL isn't even set up to allow for a sure-fire stud to get all the carries, anyways. Guys that could make quick impacts include Hyde, Sims, Grice and Redd. A TON of sleepers: Gaffney, Perkins and this kid Archer from Kent St. could be huge in the right system.

Wide Receiver: Like RB, there's no clear-cut ultra-stud but there are guys with prototypical size/speed that could easily become studs. And plenty of depth here too. Matthews, Street and Hoffman are in the prototypical mold and then you have guys like Abberderis, Herron and Mike Davis that could thrive in the right system.

Tight End: Is there a Gronk or Graham in this bunch? Maybe not, but there's surely guys that are as good as Jordan Reed. The kid from Georgia looked great yesterday (Arthur Lynch) and the position is probably 5-6 deep which is decent for a rookie class.

Linebacker: Max Bullough is going to be a 100+ tackle guy from the gun, C.J. Mosely is a stud and so is Barr. Depth here too: Skov, Borland, Carson and watch out for Preston Brown from Louisville. Van Noy and Jones could be LB/DL hybrids.

DL: Clowney should be a stud and lots of depth. Watch out for Jackson Jeffcoat. Huge potential.

DB: Not that they matter much since you can find them late, but there's potential studs in the FSU duo of Joyner and Brooks, and also like Dixon from Baylor and Loston out of LSU.

So please, don't tell us this draft class sucks. Because it's frickin' ripe with juicy talent. :ninja:

Edited by darin3
  • Like 1

Most people in the thread are discussing the draft in general, what teams need now and so on. Your the only one saying it doesn't interest you because there's nobody to jump up for in your dynasty draft.

What am I missing?

Ignore the post maybe? I dunno.

Just a little somethin' to whet the appetites...

Quarterback: You have guys like Bridgewater, Bortles and Carr who look like they're the real deal. You have another mid-level group including Johnny Football, McCarron, Boyd, Mettenberger, Thomas and Murray who could be solid in the right situation with the right seasoning. And then you have a set of sleepers like Fales, Garappolo and Franklin. Deep, with good top-end talent.

Running Back: OK so maybe there isn't a set of guys that are sure-fire hits here but the depth is palpable. Plus, the NFL isn't even set up to allow for a sure-fire stud to get all the carries, anyways. Guys that could make quick impacts include Hyde, Sims, Grice and Redd. A TON of sleepers: Gaffney, Perkins and this kid Archer from Kent St. could be huge in the right system.

Wide Receiver: Like RB, there's no clear-cut ultra-stud but there are guys with prototypical size/speed that could easily become studs. And plenty of depth here too. Matthews, Street and Hoffman are in the prototypical mold and then you have guys like Abberderis, Herron and Mike Davis that could thrive in the right system.

Tight End: Is there a Gronk or Graham in this bunch? Maybe not, but there's surely guys that are as good as Jordan Reed. The kid from Georgia looked great yesterday (Arthur Lynch) and the position is probably 5-6 deep which is decent for a rookie class.

Linebacker: Max Bullough is going to be a 100+ tackle guy from the gun, C.J. Mosely is a stud and so is Barr. Depth here too: Skov, Borland, Carson and watch out for Preston Brown from Louisville. Van Noy and Jones could be LB/DL hybrids.

DL: Clowney should be a sttud and lots of depth. Watch out for Jackson Jeffcoat. Huge potential.

DB: Not that they matter much since you can find them late, but there's potential studs in the FSU duo of Joyner and Brooks, and also like Dixon from Baylor and Loston out of LSU.

So please, don't tell us this draft class sucks. Because it's frickin' ripe with juicy talent. :ninja:

After all these years Darin, you more than anybody else should know I do my yearly draft diss to maybe convince SOMEBODY that they don't need that 1st round draft choice :lol:

:ugh:

After all these years Darin, you more than anybody else should know I do my yearly draft diss to maybe convince SOMEBODY that they don't need that 1st round draft choice :lol:

:ugh:

You really think you were duping anyone in any of your leagues with that? :blink:

You probably know some if not most/all by now, but following have declared for the draft:

QB Bridgewater

DE Clowney

WR Robinson

WR Evans

WR Cooks

miss anyone?

Davante Adams – WR, Fresno State

Jace Amaro – TE, Texas Tech

Dion Bailey – S, USC

Kapri Bibbs – RB, Colorado State

Russell Bodine – C, North Carolina

Chris Boyd – WR, Vanderbilt

Brandon Coleman – WR, Rutgers

Isaiah Crowell – RB, Alabama State

Jonathan Dowling – S, Western Kentucky

Dominique Easley – DE, Florida

Eric Ebron – TE, North Carolina

Austin Franklin – WR, New Mexico State

Vic Hampton – CB, South Carolina

A.C. Leonard – TE, Tennessee State

Kameron Jackson – CB, California

Anthony Johnson - DT, LSU

Demarcus Lawrence – DE, Boise State

Colt Lyerla – TE, Oregon

Aaron Lynch – DE, USF

Marcus Martin – OG/C, USC

Adam Muema – RB, San Diego State

Jake Murphy – TE, Utah

Louis Nix III – DT, Notre Dame

Calvin Pryor – S, Louisville

Loucheiz Purifoy – CB, Florida

Kelcy Quarles - DT, South Carolina

Antonio Richardson – OT, Tennessee

Paul Richardson – WR, Colorado

Bradley Roby – CB, Ohio State

Richard Rogers – TE, California

Bishop Sankey – RB, Washington

Austin Seferian-Jenkins – TE, Washington

Yawin Smallwood – ILB, UConn

Brett Smith – QB, Wyoming

Jerome Smith – RB, Syracuse

George Uko – DT, USC

Saw Sammy Watkins tonight, and wow he's a stud. 222 yds and a TD, even with an injured knee he had incredible acceleration. It's been said before, I hope he doesn't end up in a bad situation like Hopkins did. An additional piece of info, I believe Watkins tied Hopkins' record for career TD receptions at Clemson this game.

Saw Sammy Watkins tonight, and wow he's a stud. 222 yds and a TD, even with an injured knee he had incredible acceleration. It's been said before, I hope he doesn't end up in a bad situation like Hopkins did. An additional piece of info, I believe Watkins tied Hopkins' record for career TD receptions at Clemson this game.

Absolutely. Buffed by an atrocious secondary missing its best player, but he's going to get a buck and a half all day anyway in that game. I haven't seen him work downfield much, so I don't know about his ball skills, but man is he a slasher. Detroit would be outstanding, Baltimore wouldn't suck. He probably goes much earlier than those though, and I wouldn't mind Cleveland if they are smart/lucky with taking a 2nd tier QB. Oakland could surprise too, he's a guy you want to get the ball to early, and being that Terrell Prior can't get the ball farther downfield than 7 yards, that might even work.

New additions:

Damian Copeland - WR, Louisville

Scott Crichton - DE, Oregon State

Bruce Ellington - WR, South Carolina

Ego Ferguson - DT, LSU

Khairi Fortt - LB, California

Marquise Lee - WR, USC

Terrance Mitchell - CB, Oregon

Marcus Roberson - CB, Florida

Odell Beckham -WR, LSU

Blake Bortles - QB, UCF

Bashaud Breeland - S, Clemson

Martavis Bryant - WR, Clemson

Kony Ealy – DE, Missouri

Storm Johnson - RB, UCF

Jarvis Landry - WR, LSU

Cody Latimer - WR, Indiana

Marqise Lee – WR, USC

Donte Moncrief - WR, Ole Miss

Ronald Powell - DE, Florida

Darrin Reaves - RB, UAB

Lache Seastrunk - RB, Baylor

Ryan Shazier - LB, Ohio State

Brett Smith – QB, Wyoming[

Xavier Su'a-Filo – OG, UCLA

De'Anthony Thomas - WR, Oregon[

Stephon Tuitt - DE, Notre Dame

Sammy Watkins - WR, Clemson

Terrance West - RB, Towson

Since I'm bored...

Odell Beckham -WR, LSU - Better playmaker than Landry but could be overhyped.

Blake Bortles - QB, UCF - Overrated. Not saying he's the next Blaine Gabbert if he's thrown to the fire I see a coach/GM getting fired within 2-3 years.

Bashaud Breeland - S, Clemson

Martavis Bryant - WR, Clemson - Bigger than Watkins (and Hopkins) but less dynamic. Could be a red zone threat.

Kony Ealy – DE, Missouri - Mizzou has been churning out some good DL/LB guys. This guy could be a sack monster.

Storm Johnson - RB, UCF - Oftentimes looked like the star of the UCF offense rather than Bortles. Could flourish in the right system under the right tutelage.

Jarvis Landry - WR, LSU - Not flashy, but deceptively quick/fast and could be a nice WR sleeper in the right system.

Cody Latimer - WR, Indiana - Hightly productive on a bad team with bad/changing QBs. Sleeper. Big time.

Marqise Lee – WR, USC - Cream of the WR crop if you ask me. On the right team he could be an instant hit.

Donte Moncrief - WR, Ole Miss - Good size and could be a reliable WR3 in a few years.

Ronald Powell - DE, Florida

Darrin Reaves - RB, UAB

Lache Seastrunk - RB, Baylor - Pass. He's not built to handle any kind of load at the NFL level. Great straightaway speed but lacks vision through the hole.

Ryan Shazier - LB, Ohio State

Brett Smith – QB, Wyoming - Do NOT sleep on this guy. Once the "big" QB names go, grab this guy as his ceiling is just as high.

Xavier Su'a-Filo – OG, UCLA

De'Anthony Thomas - WR, Oregon - Pass. WR? RB? Someone will bite as a gadget guy but will suck in terms of fantasy. Dexter McCluster, anyone?

Stephon Tuitt - DE, Notre Dame

Sammy Watkins - WR, Clemson - Beast and neck and neck with Lee in terms of being the marquee WR. If he lands on the right team (Jets?) he'll produce instant results.

Terrance West - RB, Towson

The WR class is f'ing ridiculous. FYI.

Benjamin? Really? :shocking:

He had several drops which really stung. Since he caught that TD though, most of that has been forgotten. Sharpen his skills just a bit and you have yourself a stud. At 6'6", the guy looked like a freaking tree compared to the smaller DBs.

Edited by bud29
  • Like 1

De'Anthony Thomas - WR, Oregon - Pass. WR? RB? Someone will bite as a gadget guy but will suck in terms of fantasy. Dexter McCluster, anyone?

If you watch youtube, there are a ton of clips there with Thomas looking unbelievable. But yeah, he is 170 and the list is long of short speedy guys that never translate to the NFL. I read where some think Thomas falls to the 7th round. Have to think Chip Kelly would consider him for special teams at least.

My bad then, but Young still wasn't the prospect Bridgewater is and Clowney appears riskier than Wms did.

No question. IMO, Clowney will be a huge bust, as outside of the one play that kept being shown over and over, he was completely asbsent in many games, taking plays off, not showing a high "motor". He does have freakish athletic ability, but those players are often busts. If I was a NFL scout, I would want to see more game impact on tape before I took a player like this that high.

Manziell going in the first round is just crazy! If Minnesota takes him that high, they deserve the next 10 years of poor team performance they will get.

Just my $.02.