[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cook vs Cardinals...too obvious?

BA Baracus

I feel like there is some really strong matchup play (on paper) for some middling player that backfires in the playoffs every year. I look at cook and see how he torched AZ in week 1 and I see how consistently terrible AZ is vs the TE position...but I start thinking about how this is the NFL...these coaches and players are professionals...what else does STL have in the passing game?

I mean, come on, the Cards really can't figure out how to stop getting their asses kicked by opposing TEs?

Maybe I'm way off here, but Cook smacks of a trap start this week. Anybody else have similar suspiscions?

Cook has been a trap start and clap trap all year. Sure he's had a few nice weeks. Like you, I heard the buzz build all week and saw the rankings. But my gut says no way I can trust him. Moreover, you gotta trust Clemens before you can bet on Cook. Overall, too risky an equation.

He is still available on WW and I thought about picking him and playing over VDavis against SEA. Fortunately, I slapped myself awake and moved on.

was one of the many who were so big on him at draft time, and felt like a genius after week 1....started him until after week 6 when i picked up jordan reed...i had no intention of ever dropping him because i was convinced he would snap as soon as the person who picked up played me ...

while i am highly skeptical about his projections and all the hype this week...i do think he is one of the best options of the week for TE and im starting him over reed regardless of reeds status.....cook has actually put up half decent #s (7 ppg standard) against some of the best defenses in the league ( last 5 games not including that crazy game vs ind : SFO, CHI, TEN , SEA, CAR)

I came to my senses and dropped Cook to pick up Ladarius. The waiver period ensures that I will not face him this week.

Now I have to decide between Gates and Green...but I feel much better with those guys than Cook.

TEs vs Cardinals this year:

33.10 (Cook)

6.2 (Pettigrew)

34.4 (Jimmy Graham)

9.1 (Tim Wright)

12.9 (Olsen)

38.0 (Vernon Davis)

15.0 (Zach Miller)

5.6 (Gonzo)

bye

7.2 (Ryan Griffin, Hou)

5.3 (Marcedes Lewis)

15.5(Fleener)

23.8 (Ertz)

12.9 (Celek)

TEs vs Cardinals this year:

33.10 (Cook)

6.2 (Pettigrew)

34.4 (Jimmy Graham)

9.1 (Tim Wright)

12.9 (Olsen)

38.0 (Vernon Davis)

15.0 (Zach Miller)

5.6 (Gonzo)

bye

7.2 (Ryan Griffin, Hou)

5.3 (Marcedes Lewis)

15.5(Fleener)

23.8 (Ertz)

12.9 (Celek)

Oh so the Cardinals are to blame for the lemming like behavior after game one. Hear we are again.

I picked up Cook to play over M Bennett, don't feel great about it but TE's been a ditch on that team most of the year anyway.

It is a different QB for StL since week one, and D Washington's in there this time around, who's knows how much of the "revenge factor" is still burning in Bennett to smoke his old team, but DAL has been very tough on TE, and Sean Lee is back too.... :shrug:

Edited by PPIchamp