[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Gronk down... again.

darin3

About what I expected while watching the play and Gronk's demeanor while down on the field immediately after. Will be curious to see how the NEP adjust to this, not like Edelman and Vereen can get too many more targets than they already have ... Mulligan is really only a blocker (as far as I know) and Amendola just has not seemed to "fit" other than as an oh by the way target so far for whatever reason. Maybe Dobson and/or Thompkins are getting closer to returning? Not sure what Hoomanwhosit's injury status is either, not that it matters much aside from depth at the position. I know this is not good news for my FF team's playoff run, especially after waiting longer than expected for Gronk to get back on the field this year to start with. Oh well.

Actually, it could have two meanings... a] it was a pretty nasty hit so no wonder he was down and out. And b] looks like the guy is prone to injury. :shrug:

Judging from the first 3 posts, it seems like you didn't even know the injury or cause of injury when you made the thread.

Judging from the first 3 posts, it seems like you didn't even know the injury or cause of injury when you made the thread.

Well seeing that I was watching the game and saw the injury as it happened, I think you're a pretty lousy judge.

Actually, it could have two meanings... a] it was a pretty nasty hit so no wonder he was down and out. And b] looks like the guy is prone to injury. :shrug:

that injury is in no way related to being injury prone or not. That knee was getting wrecked on that hit regardless of who it belonged to.

that injury is in no way related to being injury prone or not. That knee was getting wrecked on that hit regardless of who it belonged to.

Go back and look at the various discussions on Danny Amendola. I used to agree with this line of thinking... but these guys just can't stay healthy, freak injury, big hit or not.

I totally agree with you, though... anyone would have been blown up on that play.

I like Gronk and absolutely love having him on my team. In fact I have rejected plenty of good offers for him. But the guy just can't stay healthy.

injury prone might be overdoing it.

injury magnet might fit better

I like that. Would fit for guys like Ki-Jana Carter who just have a string of fluke injuries that derail their careers - maybe even change it to "damage magnet."

I tend to regard injury-prone players as guys who are always out with some sort of pull or strain, or have a body part (knee, shoulder, ankle, hammy) that just is always bothering them.

• Like 1

I like that. Would fit for guys like Ki-Jana Carter who just have a string of fluke injuries that derail their careers - maybe even change it to "damage magnet."

I tend to regard injury-prone players as guys who are always out with some sort of pull or strain, or have a body part (knee, shoulder, ankle, hammy) that just is always bothering them.

I was of that line of thinking with Amendola.... but really, for fantasy purposes, does it matter? Either way, it's a bummer.

I was of that line of thinking with Amendola.... but really, for fantasy purposes, does it matter? Either way, it's a bummer.

No, it's just semantics. But for non-fantasy purposes, I hate so see a guy who just has buzzard's luck get tarred with the "injury prone" brush.