[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What's your biggest disappointment this year?

Tripleshot

Cutting Jeffery early in the season when he hadn't broken out yet due to needs in other areas. I had Julio and Cobb at the time who were firing on all cylinders. Now I'm going into the playoffs with a broken set of WRs that are mediocre at best. Having Jeffery would have at least given me a chance to compete. Plus would have given me the #1 seed a few weeks ago.

the Atlanta offense going into the tank after the rash of injuries killed Matt Ryan's value. My backup was Vick. Missed out on Foles. From there it's been spiraling out of control and a promising 5-0 start ended with an 8 game losing streak and out of the playoffs.

Going 9-5 and missing the playoffs in a 12-team league while a team w/ a 5-9 record made the playoffs. That's the problem w/ leagues that use divisions and granting automatic playoff bids to teams winning their division. Two of the three divisions had all the strong teams and one division had all the weak teams, all w/ losing records. Finished 10-4 last yearand missed playoffs to a team w/ 8-6 record. Pulling my hair out in that league.

At least made playoffs in my other league w/ 11-2 record. No divisions, thank goodness.

As for player disappointments, definitely Doug Martin. Underachieving Bucs at beginning of season, then he gets hurt. Picked up M. James, and then he went down. Then picked up Rainey and at least he got me to 9-5 in the league I missed playoffs in.

Vincent Brown. I held him in my dynasty league over more established players and then shot my mouth off on how he was going to be a star. The worstmpartmis I just can't seem tomcutnhim even though he has not seen my starting line up all season.

Going 9-5 and missing the playoffs in a 12-team league while a team w/ a 5-9 record made the playoffs. That's the problem w/ leagues that use divisions and granting automatic playoff bids to teams winning their division. Two of the three divisions had all the strong teams and one division had all the weak teams, all w/ losing records. Finished 10-4 last yearand missed playoffs to a team w/ 8-6 record. Pulling my hair out in that league.

Sounds like you need some wild card teams in your playoffs. Or a way to spread the balance of power around through the divisions.

We've always had divisions and wild cards (6 total playoffs, originally 2 divisions now 3).

A couple years ago we agreed to take the 12 teams in draft order and spread them out amongst our divisoin. (It was random before that, and we also discussed fixed divisions for rivalries.)

At least made playoffs in my other league w/ 11-2 record. No divisions, thank goodness.

As for player disappointments, definitely Doug Martin. Underachieving Bucs at beginning of season, then he gets hurt. Picked up M. James, and then he went down. Then picked up Rainey and at least he got me to 9-5 in the league I missed playoffs in.

The divisions in my league were very lopsided as well. Every team in my division had a winning record, every team but one in the other division had a losing record. The team who got seed #2 in the playoffs had a lower record than 5 other teams.

Edited by bud29

The divisions in my league were very lopsided as well. Every team in my division had a winning record, every team but one in the other division had a losing record. The team who got seed #2 in the playoffs had a lower record than 5 other teams.

man I'm glad we got away from str8 H2H and now H2H is only worth 1/2 a victory , points make up the other 1/2

Drafting Spiller with the #2 overall pick. It didn't hurt as I finished the league with high point total and 1st round bye. But it still pisses me off that I bought into the hype of Spiller coming into this season. I'll read plenty of "expert" advice going into the draft, but I never base any of my pics off what they are saying (it's more used by me to see what I think others will be drafting ahead and behind me). This year I somehow allowed myself to be influenced and reached on Spiller's potential instead of going for a safer choice.

Drafting Spiller with the #2 overall pick. It didn't hurt as I finished the league with high point total and 1st round bye. But it still pisses me off that I bought into the hype of Spiller coming into this season. I'll read plenty of "expert" advice going into the draft, but I never base any of my pics off what they are saying (it's more used by me to see what I think others will be drafting ahead and behind me). This year I somehow allowed myself to be influenced and reached on Spiller's potential instead of going for a safer choice.

my gut told me not to take Spiller, I freakin knew better...but I did it anyway. Regretted it as soon as I did it.

:kicksrock:

The KFAN fantasy show and all ranking sites in general. KFAN show said sit Cameron and Cook was a B grade start...yeash that cost me huge last week. They just don't seem to having a good year. They said Colston was droppable few weeks ago! Glad I didn't listen on that one. They had S-Jackson as a B start last week season over because of that one in a league. Just saying they have been off this year it seems I like listening to the show but I really can't take their advice on starts/sits right now it has cost me too much already but I did like the stats they give so I just need to make my own decisions. In fact rankings online have really been bad overall Dawson has been ranked by many sites in the 20 range the last few weeks and he has been on fire lately...sat him last week in a couple leagues when I had him in they had Bailey ranked in top 5...well that season is over too I actually played Dawson every single week this year despite the rankings the one week I follow them boom done. Dawson had a slow start but has had an exceptional last 5 weeks but has been rated the last 4 weeks like midseason. That is just 1 example the one that comes to mind because I changed my line up when seeing them. Another is the NE DF ranked #1 by some the last 2 weeks and top 3 by almost all...man they stink. Not sure why a lot of sits had Rivers so high for Thursday he was ranked in the top 5/6 range and he didn't do very good at home vs Denver had like 15 pts and again this week was middle of the road 17 pts.

Edited by Henry Muto

Picking the wrong defense every single week this year, I didn't have a defense put up over 5 pts in a single game, this week it was the Saints vs the Rams... A close second is not starting Matt ASIATA!! But who could have guess that right??