[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Week 17, Dallas v. Eagles?

Papa Deuce

So, yes, I am an Eagles fan, and by virtue of that, a Cowboys hater.... no denying that.

I was looking at yahoo today, reading a story about what the Cowboy's need to do to get "fixed".

Anyway, the story writer gives Dallas the edge based on the sole fact that they beat the Eagles earlier in the season. You know, sometimes, I think that might ring true....

but Dallas always sucks in December.... Dallas has a horrific D, and Philly seems to have found its stride since Foles took over. And, Romo fails the most when the spotlight is the brightest. ( BTW, I don't think Romo sucks, like so many do, though I wouldn't want him as the Eagles QB )

Still, I guess the division could come down to that game.

I know how bad Foles was earlier in the year against Dallas, but it was Foles ONLY bad game, and I doubt that it was really because Dallas ate him up. Sometimes players just have a bad game, and it isn't reflective of anything else.

So, long story long, if the division does indeed come down to the final game, who would you put your money on?

Dallas has no chance in this game if Foles hits the wide open receivers he missed in the first time around. All the Eagles have to do is hand the ball off to McCoy and not turn the ball over. Romo will do his best to win the game but it will all be on his shoulders once again in a do or die situation because he'll have to score on every possession they have the ball. There is no fixing this defense this year and with our cap in the state that it is, we may see the same ole horrid D next year.

Romo is going to get all the blame again for failing in December despite our record setting defense. It's a shame really, as he should not have to play like he did in Denver week in and week out putting up 48 points a game to win. No QB in the league can do that as we saw this year with King Manning. You have to have some defense played.

Sadly we have no chance to win the division this year. In Fact, i'd rather not see this version of the Cowboys in the playoffs just to get drubbed into oblivion on national TV. Romo should have at least a chance to win a playoff game and with the way this squad plays defense and pulls up lame in seemly every game, he has none. I feel bad for the guy, they just keep finding ways to hang weights on his balls year end and year out.

They best hurry up before he gets old and we have to endure another 10 years before we have a championship caliber QB like we did before he got here. It's just such a shame to waste him, when all you have to do is field a top 15 defense and protect him a bit.

Edited by Cowboyz1

It would be nice if Philly would lose a game before week 17. They got to play Rodgers-less Green Bay and then Detroit in a snowstorm Those were two games that in the beginning of the year I thought they would lose. Of course, they didn't have to play New Orleans and they have two division losses and we have none ...

OK-OK, so I am being a crybaby ... I am just pissed that we always find a way to screw up good opportunities. :yuk::furious::bash:

no one really did. there were some that were all over Wilson's jock after he looked good on a Monday nighter but...they're gone now

Nah, still here. And still feel that a leader leading his team to an incredible record while putting up excellent stats should at least be in the conversation. Quality over quantity.

• Like 1

I just hope Dallas even gets the that week 17 match up. The way their D is playing I am not so sure GB or Wash wont pick them off in the process. Philly has been fortunate with the weather and not facing Rodgers but they are still playing very sharp football . Dallas is in absolute shambles on D.

Nah, still here. And still feel that a leader leading his team to an incredible record while putting up excellent stats should at least be in the conversation. Quality over quantity.

Man you are a hard nut to crack , I hope you weren't rallying for Cassel the year he took over for Brady ,

I mean Foles season is kind of mirroring that , oh wait it is Wilson you are sticking up for , in that case I will have to look for another example