[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Haha.... guy in 2nd place has NO QB for the rest of the season.

Papa Deuce

unless, RG III gets back to playing.

I'm in 1st place..... guy in 2nd can't trade for a QB or pick one up at this point, so unless RGIII plays, he has no QB for the final 3 games..... He used up all of his moves by mid November, and trading dealine was December 1st.

Life is good. :)

Not a H2H league.

Sux that the waiver wire is closed. I hate those kinds of limitations. Naysayers will tell you to plan ahead, but sometimes you have too many injuries to carry 2 of every position.

He said the dude used up all of his moves already....

I am forced to start Case Keenum at QB the rest of the way because of RG3's benching. I do have Cutler, in case he comes back (not holding my breath).

So much for RG3's awesome fantasy playoffs schedule. :lol: I know of folks that actually drafted him BECAUSE of who he faces these final three weeks. Oops.

Sux that the waiver wire is closed. I hate those kinds of limitations. Naysayers will tell you to plan ahead, but sometimes you have too many injuries to carry 2 of every position.

When you don't plan ahead, you plan to fail.

RGIII was one hell of a gamble in the first place after seeing how the season has gone. Hard to grasp why a move was not considered before he was out of money.

When you don't plan ahead, you plan to fail.

RGIII was one hell of a gamble in the first place after seeing how the season has gone. Hard to grasp why a move was not considered before he was out of money.

Not money.... we have 8 waiver moves. Unlimited IR moves.

Not money.... we have 8 waiver moves. Unlimited IR moves.

Uh, 8? That seems on the low side.... but maybe that's just me. I don't like limits whatsoever. I've always wanted to try adding a "pay per move" component, with the funds accrued for all pickups being put into the pot.

Uh, 8? That seems on the low side.... but maybe that's just me. I don't like limits whatsoever. I've always wanted to try adding a "pay per move" component, with the funds accrued for all pickups being put into the pot.

all my leagues have that , some are for real money and some are for phony $$ that you start the season out with.

In one of my leagues we just went from $300 real to $300 fake ( the league fee jumped $300 though )

anyways last year one of the guys thought that the BB $$ carried over so didn't make any moves thinking he would have a head start on the rest of us , wasn't happy when all balance went to ZERO after week 11

He said the dude used up all of his moves already....

I am forced to start Case Keenum at QB the rest of the way because of RG3's benching. I do have Cutler, in case he comes back (not holding my breath).

So much for RG3's awesome fantasy playoffs schedule. :lol: I know of folks that actually drafted him BECAUSE of who he faces these final three weeks. Oops.

I wouldn't like a league with limited moves, same potential for not being able to have an option when things go bad.

One of our semi-final teams has RG3 and Cutler as QB. His opponent snagged McCown off waivers to try and block him. Today it became official that RG3 was benched, and would not play anymore. So he is down to Cutler, and he could be playing come Sunday. Waivers are still open and there are some decent options out there (Palmer, Flacco, Fitz, Glennon, Campbell, Cassell, Flynn).

He was the last team to make the playoffs, and needed to win and have the better team lose. Leading up to week 13 he probably figured he wouldn't make it and RG3 was good enough. Had it been my I might have added another QB and thinned my depth elsewhere. Heck I only have one kicker on my roster, but if Crosby gets hurt I can add somebody else.

If you haven't seen yet, Bears will announce there starter tomorrow after they see how Cutler does today. He could be back, but probably best to have alternatives.

One of our semi-final teams has RG3 and Cutler as QB. His opponent snagged McCown off waivers to try and block him. Today it became official that RG3 was benched, and would not play anymore. So he is down to Cutler, and he could be playing come Sunday. Waivers are still open and there are some decent options out there (Palmer, Flacco, Fitz, Glennon, Campbell, Cassell, Flynn).

Wait 8 or 10 team league ?????????

That is what we do. First move is free, then $2 per player added. That all goes into a separate pot, split 50/30/20 by the top 3 in total points. That total came to over $300 and that is pretty normal. We have some owners who always make a lot of moves, and others who make very few (most was 40, fewest 3, about 15 average). Our entry fee goes to the playoff teams as follows

The entry fee will be $70 in 2013. The $840 collected will be awarded as follows: 1st=$385, 2nd=$210, 3rd=$105, 4th=$70, 5th&6th=$35.

Seems like a very unforgiving league.

Well, every team drafts

4 QB..... start 1

6 RB.... start 2

6 WR... start 3

2 TE....start 1

2K...start 1

2 D.... start 1

and you still get 8 moves and unlimited IR moves. He is the only one other than me who used all 8 moves.

His other QBs:

Bradford..... he did not IR him ( we have to IR within 2 weeks of the team IR )

Vick

Ponder

Edited by Papa Deuce

Wait 8 or 10 team league ?????????

Ha-Ha

12 teams, 5 player keeper, only start 1 QB, 9 starters total and 9 bench spots so we have a lot of depth. Most teams carry 2 QBs though some have just 1 or as many as 3.

You want a list of rostered QBs? This is in order by team

Stafford/Tannehill, Ryan/Roehtlisberer, Smith/EManning, Romo/Keenum, RG3/Cutler, Rivers/Dalton, Brady, Wison/Luck, Kaep/Rodgers, Newton, Manning/Foles/McCown, Brees

McCown was the add during playoffs, which is temporary and costs $5 instead of the usual 2.

You want a list of rostered QBs? This is in order by team

Stafford/Tannehill, Ryan/Roehtlisberer, Smith/EManning, Romo/Keenum, RG3/Cutler, Rivers/Dalton, Brady, Wison/Luck, Kaep/Rodgers, Newton, Manning/Foles/McCown, Brees

so the Brady , Brees & Newton owners all (3) are carrying just one QB each ?

plus the RG3 / Culter owner has zero ?

Now that is just plain silly as frack

so the Brady , Brees & Newton owners all (3) are carrying just one QB each ?

plus the RG3 / Culter owner has zero ?

Now that is just plain silly as frack

Correct, those 3 owners have just 1 QB, they also did not make the playoffs (Brady a long time ago, the other two had a chance the last week). They guy with RG3/Cutler had a starting QB not dealing with an injury going into week 13 and the first round of playoffs. It wasn't like he was benched 2-3 weeks ago, or that most people saw this coming back then.

Since we can pick up players during our playoffs I don't think it is that crazy/silly. I thought about adding a backup kicker (only have Crosby), since it would cost $2 now instead of $5. But I would have to drop somebody, probably some of my RB or WR depth.

Once the playoffs start our rosters are essentially locked for keepers. I can add players (do not drop) but once I am out (or playoffs are over) they go back in FA pool. Why drop a player that might suddenly have value come next year as a starter for a team therefore a possible keeper. We usually add 3 spots to the roster for playoffs, and most teams don't add a player unless they need them ($5 does that to most). Its not like waivers are any more thin now than they were going into week 12 (except for McCown).

Edited by stevegrab

whatever is clever but if it were me , for $2 & payoffs of 1st=$385, 2nd=$210, 3rd=$105, 4th=$70, 5th&6th=$35.

I'm stacking the deck :brow:

Your team, your choices, your money (that is what I told the owner who picked up McCown to block the Cutler/RG3 owner). It seamed like a waste to me, its not like we new this guy wouldn't be able to start one of those two. Or that McCown was the overwhelming best QB available on waivers (as evidenced by your shock at the list).

He's admitted its more about winning than the $$$, and he has already won about $350 (from weekly high scores and overall total points). His team is a juggernaut (Peyton, Vereen/Brown/AP[late season trade], VJax, Gordon, Marshall, Graham, Hauschka, Saint-D), and he is doing a little insurance to make sure he wins (his first title). My co-commish emailed me about the McCown pickup and said, "perfectly legal but a little dickish if you ask me". Well we made the rules, he's just using them to his advantage.

I'm waiting for him to decide that he'll just pick-up every available QB, even if it costs $50. Of course he only has 2 roster spots left, so I might get an email saying "I need more roster spots." The extra 3 we add is not written into our rules, so we may need to address that.

Well, every team drafts

4 QB..... start 1

6 RB.... start 2

6 WR... start 3

2 TE....start 1

2K...start 1

2 D.... start 1

and you still get 8 moves and unlimited IR moves. He is the only one other than me who used all 8 moves.

His other QBs:

Bradford..... he did not IR him ( we have to IR within 2 weeks of the team IR )

Vick

Ponder

Why so regulated? :thinking:

Not to bash you guys, but I would not play in a league that 1) forced me to draft a specified number at each position and 2) limited how many pick-ups I could make.

• Like 1

Not to bash you guys, but I would not play in a league that 1) forced me to draft a specified number at each position and 2) limited how many pick-ups I could make.

+1

I average about 30 acquisitions a season in any given league and most of them cost me $1 per player. Transaction fees are a great way to sweeten the pot and also fix some cost to churning the bottom of your roster.

Edited by BA Baracus
  • Like 2

I don't know why it is so regulated, but as a 10 team league, the sheer amount of players we draft usually means that we don't need to make that many transactions. Heck, 1/2 of my transactions this year were an attempt to block others form picking players up, and not my need to have those players. But I was in 1st place since week 1, and rarely had a successful waiver wire wpick until people saw they weren't going to win ( points league , not H2H ).

unless, RG III gets back to playing.

I'm in 1st place..... guy in 2nd can't trade for a QB or pick one up at this point, so unless RGIII plays, he has no QB for the final 3 games..... He used up all of his moves by mid November, and trading dealine was December 1st.

Life is good. :)

Not a H2H league.

You are screwed. You never piss off the Fantasy Gods by publicly calling out your opponent for being a goof. You will lose this week.

Enjoy the riches in silence, and the FF Gods will reward you.

• Like 4

You are screwed. You never piss off the Fantasy Gods by publicly calling out your opponent for being a goof. You will lose this week.

Enjoy the riches in silence, and the FF Gods will reward you.

I was kinda thinkin the same thing. His random assortment of other non-QB players are sure to have career games now. :tup: