[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NFL last min stat changes

archiebonker

We just got the final scores in our league from Week 14. (our second round of the playoffs).

Before this came out the top team got upset by .03pts and now it's showing that he won by a 1.22 pts.

How do I know that this is right and how do I explain this to the league? When does the final stats usually come out?

MFL will automatically change them for you , what site are you using ?

Depends on how you have it set. I know in at least one MFL league I'm in, we leave it up to the owners to check for stat corrections if they have a close game. So the stats are final at games end, but a team can lobby if there are stat corrections that change the outcome.

I like it that way, best of both worlds, and it makes managers be proactive, rather than the outcome suddenly changing without warning.

Actually you have to configure MFL on whether to do automatic or manual changes.

Thanks Big John & grandeur , the commish for each MFL league I'm in must of set it up that way then.

Wow if you run an IDP league and had to do all that manually that could take up a BIG chunk of your day

Any Suggestions how I should handle this one? I know one guy is going to super happy and one guy is going to be pissed.

How have you handled stat changes all season long? However you handled them in the past you should handle the same way now.

Basically, if you applied the stat changes in the past, you apply them now and the results as of the stat changes are what you go with. If you have not been applying the stat changes in the past, then you don't apply them now, and the results as of the end of the game stand.

Based on your first post, it seems like you have been automatically applying the stat changes. If this assumption is correct, I would say that the top team that now shows a 1.22 point victory is the correct result.

• Like 1

Thanks Big John & grandeur , the commish for each MFL league I'm in must of set it up that way then.

Wow if you run an IDP league and had to do all that manually that could take up a BIG chunk of your day

Not really - the option is whether to have MFL automatically recalculate scores when the stat changes come out, or to have the commissioner have to press a button to have the changes applied. As different leagues have different rules, the option to turn off the automatic update but still allow for them to get applied was incorporated into the system.

Not really - the option is whether to have MFL automatically recalculate scores when the stat changes come out, or to have the commissioner have to press a button to have the changes applied. As different leagues have different rules, the option to turn off the automatic update but still allow for them to get applied was incorporated into the system.

oh , that makes sense

I'm going to have to put out a vote I guess. We have always just had MFL correct the points and never really noticed it. But this will change things big time. Kind of in a spot here. I'll have to see how this turns out. Changes our whole Semi Finals.

Based on the bolded, the only corect thing to do is declare the top team the winner. All season (and potentially for many seasons) you have been applying the stat changes, to not do so now would be wrong.

• Like 1

I'm going to have to put out a vote I guess. We have always just had MFL correct the points and never really noticed it. But this will change things big time. Kind of in a spot here. I'll have to see how this turns out. Changes our whole Semi Finals.

if that's the way you've always done it...what's there to vote on?

edit: BC beat me to it, and is correct

Edited by HowboutthemCowboys
  • Like 1

Based on the bolded, the only corect thing to do is declare the top team the winner. All season (and potentially for many seasons) you have been applying the stat changes, to not do so now would be wrong.

if that's the way you've always done it...what's there to vote on?

edit: BC beat me to it, and is correct

There is nothing to vote on. You keep doing what you have been doing. One guy will bitch but tough luck for him. Can't change the rules now to suit him.

• Like 1

Agree with the consensus, no vote just go by what the league site is set up to do (and has been doing all season, whether anybody noticed or not). Voting to change how you do things now is like changing any other rule during the season, a really bad idea.

Putting it to a vote is only going to create more headaches for you. If you had been automatically applying stat changes and allowing that to reverse win/loss then it should continue now. Allowing owners to decide who they want to screw or help with a vote is wrong.

Just because you hadn't noticed them in the past doesn't mean they didn't happen. May be there was never a change to win/loss, but the points changes could have been affecting other things in your league (weekly high score, total points tie breakers, etc).

Good luck, you're in for a brow beating either way. Best to get something into your rules on how you handle it in the future.

You got it boys....no vote. Still put it out there for the boys and it seems to be unanimous (well, except for one or two) that we keep the official stats. It's never effected it this much in the past 9 years. So it's official, the top team moves on. Feel kind of bad for the other guys. LOL....not easy thinking you won and a few days later you lost. Kind of lost out on a lot of $$$

Agree, there's absolutely nothing to vote on. If you've been doing it that way all year and there's no rule that says otherwise, then you can't just go changing rules mid season.

Plus putting it up a league vote usually isn't a good idea in-season, as people will tend to vote what benefits them, not whats most fair