[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jordan Todman

Chloroform Rx

I just heard MJD on Sirius Fantasy Sports radio and he said he's "gonna try to go Sunday". No way. He's doubtful.

He said Todman has good hands, great receiver out of the backfield and has some sizzle.

I'd pick the guy up and start him in PPR leagues for sure.

Teams often give a large workload to the backup running back when the lead running back goes down. Especially late in the season and when games mean nothing. Maybe it's to see what the backup can do or maybe it's to reward the backup for having a positive attitude. With MJD possibly being gone next year, I can see the Jaguars wanting to see what they have in Todman. I don't think 25+ touches is out of the question.

Many fantasy championships are won with flash in the pan running backs.

excellent point which thinking back at least seems to be true.

The average NFL defense has given up an average of 21.2 points to the opposing running backs per game. The Bills defense has given up an average of 21.0 points per game. No running back has blown up for a monster rushing game against the Bills, but they've given up plenty of fantasy points to opposing running backs.

Teams often give a large workload to the backup running back when the lead running back goes down. Especially late in the season and when games mean nothing. Maybe it's to see what the backup can do or maybe it's to reward the backup for having a positive attitude. With MJD possibly being gone next year, I can see the Jaguars wanting to see what they have in Todman. I don't think 25+ touches is out of the question.

Many fantasy championships are won with flash in the pan running backs.

Salient point. I won my first with the ex-UCLA Bruin duo of Skip Hicks (WAS) and DeShaun Foster (CAR) in the final weeks.

And just a few years ago, there was that Jerome Harrison busting-out at the end of the season that helped many an owner win a championship.

I'm a huge buyer on Todman in PPR formats.

I'm considering picking him up. I have both AP and Gerhart. I also have D. Thomas. I would obviously start AP if he goes this week. But is he a better start than Thomas? Is this more of a WDIS question? Is there more potential in Todman?

Salient point. I won my first with the ex-UCLA Bruin duo of Skip Hicks (WAS) and DeShaun Foster (CAR) in the final weeks.

And just a few years ago, there was that Jerome Harrison busting-out at the end of the season that helped many an owner win a championship.

I'm a huge buyer on Todman in PPR formats.

I hadn't made the connection until your post BUT who can forget (or remember) LaBrandon Toefield (JAC) in 2005 blowing up in the playoffs?! Maybe some JAC karma towards Todman? I am trying to decide between Todman, Ogbonnaya, or Mendenhall at flex. Maybe this is a sign?

Buffalo has a decent D. not sure picking up and starting an unproven RB in the FF playoffs is a move I'd be comfortable with if I had other options

Totally wrong here. The Bills' rush D has been weak during recent games, with 35/165/1 handed over to the Buccaneers last week, and 30/151/3 surrendered to the Falcons two games ago. To date, the Bills average 124.8 rushing yards per contest (26th in the NFL), with eight rushing scores given up this year. They have been playing even worse than their season average indicates the last two games.

Seems like an ideal buy on FanDuel ($4,600). Otherwise, I fully agree with HowboutthemCowboys about starting him in a crucial weekend.

yup, made some decent lineups for GPP games with him in.

Edited by RJV

The Jags run blocking stinks. Todman averaging <3.5 yds per carry this season. MJD went over 100 once this season.

Shorts may not play either, and if he doesn't..who do you think the Bills are gonna focus on stopping? Ace Sanders and Marcedes Lewis or the running game?

Maybe he'll catch a few passes and score, who knows, for those of you starting him I hope he does since I'm not facing him. Good luck

Kiko Alonso, who is pretty much only Bill that can tackle, is questionable with a knee injury. I'm not saying Todman is gonna go for 100+ and multiple scores. But in PPR formats, 90-100 combined yards with 3-4 catches and a chance at a score? Why not?

I dropped him into my FanDuel lineup, allowing me to grab ultra studs at WR. We'll see what happens.

From Adam Shefter:

Jaguars WR Cecil Shorts will not play today due to groin injury; RB Maurice Jones-Drew will test his hamstring pregame to see if he can play.

How often does a guy that's listed as "doubtful" really play? And how likely, if he does play, is it that he re-injures himself early in the game? And finally, how productive can a guy that's this dinged up really be?

Dude should just sit and let Todman play.

How often does a guy that's listed as "doubtful" really play? And how likely, if he does play, is it that he re-injures himself early in the game? And finally, how productive can a guy that's this dinged up really be?

Dude should just sit and let Todman play.

i believe I just heard Schefter say MJD inactive. That should make those rolling with Todman feel better. I am seriously debating it now. Edited by Delicious_bass

Not surprising to hear the Jags being vague on MJD.

They have a nice match-up against a not-so-stout TEN run defense. Picked up Todman during last week's RB garage sale (thank goodness I dropped Silent G for Todman, who I had dropped Starks for, who I dropped McGahee...who begat Nod).

I remain standing in one league and could be tempted to get cheeky with my flex play in the championship. I'd LOVE to see MJD limp quietly into the sunset.

Edited by wpayers