[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

the worst play calling in the history of football

Cowboyz1

Jason Garrett should be fired right now. Averaging 7 yards a carry and you pass the ball into an interception. Unreal. I have never seen such a horibble miss management of a game in the history of the nfl. I was just screaming at the tv to run the ball. This team is sick from the top down.

I don't want to see this team anywhere near the playoffs. This was perhaps the the most clear sign that a coach has no business coaching in this league. There is no excuse and no explination that he can make to justify not running the football. Losing this game is entirely on the coaching staff. There is not another coach in this league that would have lost this game. He not only put his qb in a horribly bad situation but to continue to pass when your d is obviously on the ropes and preserve time for the packers to beat them is inexcusable. Can't have a coach like that. Today was a clear sign that Garrett is wacked as a head coach and should not be here next year.

LOL

I knew when I saw that score that I'd come here and see this thread ;)

Surprise, Wade Phillips wasn't the root of all Cowboy evils after all. Yes Garrett blows, I can't believe this would be news to anyone.

I can't believe they could have had such a huge win after Philly lost and blew it, and in such an unbelievable way.

I'm done. I can't watch them anymore. If the first pick didn't scare the hell out you enough to run the fricken football your to stupid to call plays in this league. I would swear Garrett was possessed by the packers coaches. You could not have called a better series in favor of the packers then what he called. Better check Garrett s bank accounts. There is no way you call plays like that now way. He should be fired and gang tackled handing the game over like that. He lost his team there and I don't blame them. How can you trust him after that. I couldn't and Im done with em this year. Gonna fo us on my 1 and only league I'm in the final with thanks to one j charles.

The funny thing is at half time I actually said they are going go lose this game. Normally I would be so pissed off but I expected this loss. Philly loosing just set things up perfectly for an epic collapse. Maybe now jerry will see we need a coach.

The funny thing is at half time I actually said they are going go lose this game. Normally I would be so pissed off but I expected this loss. Philly loosing just set things up perfectly for an epic collapse. Maybe now jerry will see we need a coach.

So, no blame goes to the QB ? He is in position where he simply can't throw an interception. He has been around long enough. He threw two picks (actually three, but, one hit the ground on review). He has been around long enough that he should be trusted to not throw picks in that situation. I actually like Romo and think he is talented, but, this has happened far too often and, unfortunately, is cementing how he will be remembered.

Also, Dez Bryant is such a whining baby. I know we will now here that he left the field early because he just wants to win SO bad that he can't control his emotions. B.S. There are lots of guys who want to win and stay to shake hands after a demoralizing loss.

• Like 2

So, no blame goes to the QB ? He is in position where he simply can't throw an interception. He has been around long enough. He threw two picks (actually three, but, one hit the ground on review). He has been around long enough that he should be trusted to not throw picks in that situation. I actually like Romo and think he is talented, but, this has happened far too often and, unfortunately, is cementing how he will be remembered.

Also, Dez Bryant is such a whining baby. I know we will now here that he left the field early because he just wants to win SO bad that he can't control his emotions. B.S. There are lots of guys who want to win and stay to shake hands after a demoralizing loss.

I don't blame dez one bit. I would have left too. In fact the whole tam should have walked into the locker room leaving Garrett out there to look stupid all bh himself because he lost it all by himself. Romo threw the ball where beasley was heading and he stopped. I don't know what he could have done there. I really don't care as the ball should have been firmly placed in murrays belly three times period. Many times in this game they should have handed the ball off. Its like they get close the magic number of 20 and freak out. 20 carries by Murray = win. And in this game he had 17. 20 or more tbey win even if they had to punt they would not have had time to win. No matter I'm done and so are the cowboys.

I don't blame dez one bit. I would have left too. In fact the whole tam should have walked into the locker room leaving Garrett out there to look stupid all bh himself because he lost it all by himself. Romo threw the ball where beasley was heading and he stopped. I don't know what he could have done there. I really don't care as the ball should have been firmly placed in murrays belly three times period. Many times in this game they should have handed the ball off. Its like they get close the magic number of 20 and freak out. 20 carries by Murray = win. And in this game he had 17. 20 or more tbey win even if they had to punt they would not have had time to win. No matter I'm done and so are the cowboys.

So Dez is above the rest of the team, who stayed and shook their opponents hands like men ?

Re-watch the last interception. Beasley did exactly the right thing. He stopped between defenders on each side of him. Romo made a poor read in a key situation. He threw one pick when they had a chance to put it away and another when they were driving for a game winning field goal. Yes, they probably should have been running, but, that doesn't exclude him from some of the blame. However, at least he stayed on the field and shock his opponents hand, even though I'm sure he was sick inside.

• Like 2

I don't want to see this team anywhere near the playoffs. This was perhaps the the most clear sign that a coach has no business coaching in this league. There is no excuse and no explination that he can make to justify not running the football. Losing this game is entirely on the coaching staff. There is not another coach in this league that would have lost this game. He not only put his qb in a horribly bad situation but to continue to pass when your d is obviously on the ropes and preserve time for the packers to beat them is inexcusable. Can't have a coach like that. Today was a clear sign that Garrett is wacked as a head coach and should not be here next year.

You won't as Dallas will break our hearts again by getting pulverized by the Eagles at home next week just like every other year. My wife's exact words, along with my childrens' after the game tonight were,"Why again, are you a Cowboys' fan? They suck and are so disappointing."

I just want to know if that one guy is gonna make more "calling out Jerry and the Cowboys" videos from his basement.

funny as hell!

So what if the unthinkable happened, somehow the Packers fumble the snap, and the cowboys get the ball back? Dallas will be short their top WR in a situation where they need him most. Obviously that's not how it went down, but sh!t happens in football. You never know. Walking off like that is selfish.

Losses - ugly, heartbreaking losses, are part of football. If you can't take a loss, even a loss like this, you don't have business playing.

Garret put the ball in the hands of his best player. And he threw an INT. :shrug:

What's the problem? You'd all be b!tching if Murry got stuffed and they had to punt.

They still would have eaten up clock and GB's last (If I rember correctly?) timeout by running, even if they went 3-and-out. Instead, they passed like THEY were the ones needing a comeback, and it backfired. Horribly.

According to Deion in the post game, Garret said that the interception was an audible by Romo to pass instead of run. That might make it a tad more difficult to deflect to everyone but Romo.

So after calling that stinker of a second half Garrett throws his QB under the bus? Classy.

So after calling that stinker of a second half Garrett throws his QB under the bus? Classy.

I understand not blaming the players for everything, as a coach you have to take responsibility. But that play was all on Romo. The whole comeback by GB wasn't all on him - but that pick certainly was.