[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Official "Is Rodgers playing week 16?" Thread

delusions of grandeur

And if so, are you concerned about starting him?

So the miraculous has happened, and Green Bay got lucky enough to play two teams imploding on themselves more, to pull out a couple wins with Matt "not Raiders material" Flynn and keep themselves in playoff contention.

Now it comes down to the doctors if he can play or not. I know I wouldn't risk my reputation and his health/life on something as serious as a broken collarbone unless I was damn sure.

That does give me some comfort about starting him, with it not the type of injury that's at risk of re-injury if he's good to go. I guess I'm just a little more worried about some rust showing against the Steelers, and him not even doing as good as a backup (Alex Smith in my case, who's actually been pretty consistently startable lately).

Hopefully a situation where we should know sooner than later, because it's not going to do any good for most people if he's a game-time decision at 4:25.

Edited by delusions of grandeur

I do think Rodgers will be back now that GB is in control of its own playoff destiny. I think he could have played last week but GB is notorious for how cautious they are with injured players and they refused to put Rodgers at any risk without being fully healed.

Word is that he has looked very sharp in practice. It also appears Cobb could be ready to return also as I believe he was medically cleared last week to resume practicing.

I wouldn't hesitate starting Rodgers this week if he does take the first team snaps if you've been running with a QB2 for the past few weeks. I don't think I'd pull a mid-range QB1 for him given that he does have to deal with a Steelers team whose D looks pretty formidable again and given the injuries on the GB O-line.

Edited by Bronco Billy

Even if he returns, I'm playing Foles. I was lucky enough to grab Foles off the waiver wire when Rodgers went down. It's a 3-keeper league and now I am shopping Rodgers or Foles for a good draft pick next season. Foles is the real deal.

I do think Rodgers will be back now that GB is in control of its own playoff destiny. I think he could have played last week but GB is notorious for how cautious they are with injured players and they refused to put Rodgers at any risk without being fully healed.

Word is that he has looked very sharp in practice. It also appears Cobb could be ready to return also as I believe he was medically cleared last week to resume practicing.

I wouldn't hesitate starting Rodgers this week if he does take the first team snaps if you've been running with a QB2 for the past few weeks. I don't think I'd pull a mid-range QB1 for him given that he does have to deal with a Steelers team whose D looks pretty formidable again and given the injuries on the GB O-line.

Thanks for the heads up on Cobb maybe being available, that could make a hugh difference in Rodgers having a good day.

Was thinking kind of the same thing about where you slot Rodgers. I'd guess there are very few teams like myself who got lucky rolling with a QB2, and most probably have a suitable replacement if they're still in it. (Not an advice question but) my issue is that over the last 5 weeks, Alex Smith has actually been the #1 QB (and still 7th even if you take out last week where he rode Charles' coattails for 5 TDs)

Looking at Rodgers even when he was healthy, he hasn't been as consistent as usual behind that line either. It's going to be a tough decision.

Thanks for the heads up on Cobb maybe being available, that could make a hugh difference in Rodgers having a good day.

Eh, I think with Nelson and Jones, and Boykin and Quarless emerging, Rodgers would be fine even without Cobb.

Still, having him back wouldn't hurt.

My championship opponent has Rodgers on the bench, grabbed Cousins last week and been riding Smith for the last month. This week, he had Cousins starting then changed to Smith, and then back again to Cousins. I am sure he's itching to get Rodgers back in. The thought of facing Rodger in the big game has me nervous.