[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

CBS Undroppable List

wpayers

Has anyone run into the CBS Undroppable list?

The theory behind it is fairly simple: "To maintain the integrity of your league, you will be prevented from dropping certain star NFL players throughout the season." So they maintain a list of presumed studs throughout the year that you can't drop. Makes sense and prevents any radicals from dumping their teams and scuttling the league.

But this is the last game of the year and I want to dump Victor Cruz and pick up Andre Caldwell. There are only two of us left active but the site won't let me submit Cruz to waivers. Waivers kick off tonight.

I've sent an email to CBS but have no idea of the response time (if any).

PS. Foster was undroppable until the week after his back surgery. So they do update the list. I just don't know the timing.

Edited by wpayers

Those lists are so damn stupid. They're obviously only there for public leagues with idiots.

I'm sure your commish should be able to override it, since yeah, if I had better options on the WW, I'd drop Cruz in a heartbeat at this point.

Unfortunately, this is an open prize league and CBS acts as the commish.

Have played in a CBS league for many years and never seen this. So it is either part of some special kind of league (free, internet based, or dumb-dumb) or a setting your commissioner has control over.

I checked in various setting areas (transactions, player pool, roster settings) and looked in help for undroppable list and have come up with nothing. Would be curious to hear what you find on this setting. I agree that these kind are stupid and want to make sure we don't end up with one somehow.

PS I wouldn't expect a very helpful or timely response from CBS. It will probably be some sort of form letter.

If CBS (and Yahoo, which also employs this garbage) is going to have this list, they should actually MAINTAIN it so it keeps current with injuries, etc.

Not sure that would help in this case, he wants to drop somebody that is healthy and for his situation that makes sense. ETA ok, didn't know Cruz was hurt, but still he may want to drop somebody that isn't injured who they consider undroppable.

These are the risks you take playing in some of these contests, I would hope the spell out the rules thoroughly. But its not like you can go to the commish, explain your side and get a fair ruling.

Unfortunately, this is an open prize league and CBS acts as the commish.

Well that explains it, if CBS is the commish they've got their rules for this prize league already set (including the stupid undroppable list). I wouldn't expect them to change it.

Edited by stevegrab

I am shocked! Got a response from CBS within an hour and they took Cruz off the undroppable list. The email included a case # and I also got a subsequent follow-up asking if I was satisfied. The prize $ is higher than most CBS leagues so that may explain the level of attention.

Atta boy CBS.

• Like 1

I am shocked! Got a response from CBS within an hour and they took Cruz off the undroppable list. The email included a case # and I also got a subsequent follow-up asking if I was satisfied. The prize $ is higher than most CBS leagues so that may explain the level of attention.

Atta boy CBS.

Glad to hear it. Good luck.

Have played in a CBS league for many years and never seen this. So it is either part of some special kind of league (free, internet based, or dumb-dumb) or a setting your commissioner has control over.

I checked in various setting areas (transactions, player pool, roster settings) and looked in help for undroppable list and have come up with nothing. Would be curious to hear what you find on this setting. I agree that these kind are stupid and want to make sure we don't end up with one somehow.

PS I wouldn't expect a very helpful or timely response from CBS. It will probably be some sort of form letter.

The fact that the league is run by CBS is the reason the can't drop list exists. I have never seen one in a CBS league that is private and run by a commish.

Atta boy CBS.

This won't cause other owners to biatch that if they were able to drop players XX they would of picked up XX and therefor made the playoffs ?

The fact that the league is run by CBS is the reason the can't drop list exists. I have never seen one in a CBS league that is private and run by a commish.

Yes I suspected that and it came out later that was the case.

This won't cause other owners to biatch that if they were able to drop players XX they would of picked up XX and therefor made the playoffs ?

Other owners might bitch, if I was the OP I'd tell them "you should have taken the initiative and bitched to CBS (the commish) then."

Not really...during the year the undroppable list contains players that any sane person wouldn't drop (i,e Manning, Calvin). It serves a purpose by not allowing a rookie or someone who is pissed at the league to dump players thus throwing off the fair balance of waivers. The list ensures balance going forward from week to week. The issue here was the list is essentially moot because there are only two teams left playing. The teams that did not make the playoff are shut out of the site. The process will only work well if an injured player i.e (Julio, Foster, Cobb) is removed in a timely manner. In my case, Cruz was on the list, and due to his concussion/knee injury, I petitioned for his removal. CBS complied.