[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Manning... 51 TDs

ajh2

Basically Manning, Charles and Dem. Thomas have won me the Championship together in Hannibals, BoTH League.

It will allow him to sit next week once he eclipses Brees' pass yd record and DEN sets the season scoring record.

If NE loses, they have nothing to play for and are idiots if they let him play more than a short while in that game, if that. Why risk everything (injury) with nothing to gain?

I hope Peyton plays next week and puts that sucker out of reach for the next 20 years* like he should have done in 2004. In 2004 Manning sat out entire quarters instead of padding his stats late in games like Brady did in 2007. Put it out of reach P! Don't sit out for two weeks again. It'll cost you.

*or until the NFL makes it illegal to touch or even stare at quarterbacks, wide receivers, or tight ends.

Edited by CaptainHook
  • Like 1

Put it out of reach P! Don't sit out for two weeks again. It'll cost you.

I'm pretty sure he won't sit out 2 weeks.

I believe he nees 266 to break Brees record if they want it

At the risk of injury and with nothing for to play for (ie the team)? I really doubt it. If he does and he gets hurt, I'll laugh at the Broncos for pulling such a bonehead move.
  • Like 1

You realize they have a bye, right?

When you said "Put it out of reach P! Don't sit out for two weeks again." together like that, it sounded like you thought there were 2 more weeks to the regular season. Anyway, as Cowboys said, if home field not wrapped up, I could see them playing for that...if Ravens win and that's not on the line, I'd say he should play maybe just a bit in next week's game and sit.

When you said "Put it out of reach P! Don't sit out for two weeks again." together like that, it sounded like you thought there were 2 more weeks to the regular season. Anyway, as Cowboys said, if home field not wrapped up, I could see them playing for that...if Ravens win and that's not on the line, I'd say he should play maybe just a bit in next week's game and sit.

Sorry, I was kind of rolling my frustration of Peyton's record being broken by a Brady running up the score in garbage time and my frustration with the Colts sitting starters trying to prevent injury together. Edited by CaptainHook

To put up 50 or more, there's going to be a lot of meaningless, stat-padding, garbage time TDs. Brady certainly did it. Now Manning has also. So they're even, but Manning has the record.

:lol: they are certainly not even. Even if Peyton did it this week, Brady was a garbage-time-TD-throwing-machine in 2007. Edited by CaptainHook
  • Like 1

:lol: they are certainly not even. Even if Peyton did it this week, Brady was a garbage-time-TD-throwing-machine in 2007.

Because none of Manning's 51 were in garbage time, starting with week one, as he needed all 7 of those to win that game... The Broncos stat-padded and ran up the score as much as the Pats did. The only question is, will the Broncos play the Titans in week one next year so Pollard can take out Manning for the season?

• Like 1