[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

raise your hand if you play in a league with a week 17 Championship?

Dcat

God it sucks. One league I play in does this and it blows. All my other leagues wrap up in week 16. For the 2d year in a row, I'm in a week 17 superbowl with a tom of Broncos, including Manning, on my roster. Well at least Denver has something to play for. If they lose and NE wins, NE gets home field throughout. SO I'm sure Denver will be playing to win

Edited by Dcat
  • Like 1

Each playoff round in one of my leagues is 2-week cumulative score. Although it puts our championship in weeks 16 & 17, I still like the idea since the stronger, more consistent team usually wins out over a 2-week period. However, in my other league w/ 1-week per round, the championship is in Week 16.

Yes, it looks like I'm going to make it to the championship game in Week 17. Whether Jamaal Charles plays next week is a big question for me considering that KC can't help themselves. Obviously, I hate that aspect of it, but I like at least having one league like this, and for their to be that one last fantasy game left while everyone else is off.

From 1990-2009 all my local leagues played week 17 for the championship. In the 90s and early 2000s it never seemed to be a problem but in the mid 2000s and late 2000s it was out of hand and I finally came to my senses and stopped. It really is amazing for 20 years I did week 17 championship games and most years it was not a big deal but when in 2009 I had to play a game and lost 21-14 because both teams had to go to the waiver wire for nearly our entire line ups I said enough was enough. The only thing I hate is a 13 week regular season.

Each playoff round in one of my leagues is 2-week cumulative score. Although it puts our championship in weeks 16 & 17, I still like the idea since the stronger, more consistent team usually wins out over a 2-week period. However, in my other league w/ 1-week per round, the championship is in Week 16.

same

I like the 2 week score for H2H.... I don't play H2H, and the reason I don't is because you can absolutley have an incredibly superior team that has a bad - great week, but lose to an inferior team that just has a phenomenal week. If I could find a league that did that, I might actually play in a H2H league.

Just as an aside, my main league is a points league. I am 11 - 5 ( but the H2H part doesn't matter )..... I have 1861 points this season so far. The guy behing me in points has 1621 points.... and he is 4 - 12.

I hate the idea of H2H. But the 2 week idea is cool.

Edited by Papa Deuce

I like the 2 week score for H2H.... I don't play H2H, and the reason I don't is because you can absolutley have an incredibly superior team that has a bad - great week, but lose to an inferior team that just has a phenomenal week. If I could find a league that did that, I might actually play in a H2H league.

Just as an aside, my main league is a points league. I am 11 - 5 ( but the H2H part doesn't matter )..... I have 1861 points this season so far. The guy behing me in points has 1621 points.... and he is 4 - 12.

I hate the idea of H2H. But the 2 week idea is cool.

We use Victory Points all season, and then have a 3-week playoff between 3 teams. Doesn't necessarily award the best team. It's still just a 3-week sample.

http://www8.myfantasyleague.com/2013/home/39315#0

Yes, it looks like I'm going to make it to the championship game in Week 17. Whether Jamaal Charles plays next week is a big question for me considering that KC can't help themselves. Obviously, I hate that aspect of it, but I like at least having one league like this, and for their to be that one last fantasy game left while everyone else is off.

Andy Reid sat his starters 4 times while with the Eagles, and was 3-1 in the games after. So expect Charles to sit.

It's crazy to go all season long working, grinding, trading, battling, strategizing, improving your team any way you can, and then have the league championship decided in an unpredictable crap-shoot week where a significant percentage of the players are either not used, or used way more sparingly than normal.

We decide the Champion in week # 16. Week # 17. We do what we call the shootout. All the teams can get in. You put in your best line up. High score takes $ 50... Keeps every team playing the whole 17 weeks.

Love that! Awesome. Will suggest to my leagues.