[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cardinals' Misfortune

SecondString

Those are the breaks. Would you rather expand the playoffs and regularly have 8-8 or worse as wild card winners too? It happens from time to time, a 10 or more win team misses the playoffs. Happened to my Browns one year at 10-6. Not sure if their division was brutal or other parts of their schedule. But there were 6 other games they could have won which would have resulted in them making then playoffs.

Those are the breaks. Would you rather expand the playoffs and regularly have 8-8 or worse as wild card winners too? It happens from time to time, a 10 or more win team misses the playoffs. Happened to my Browns one year at 10-6. Not sure if their division was brutal or other parts of their schedule. But there were 6 other games they could have won which would have resulted in them making then playoffs.

The Browns won 10 games? Wow.

I don't think he's complaining (just making an observation).

Unless the Bucs come in to New Orleans and win, Arizona is done. And I don't care how ice cold the Saints are... Coming home to face Tampa will be just what the doctor ordered to get back on track. Then the Saints are likely headed to Philly for the wild card (assuming the Kyle Orton thing fails for Dallas here). I think both wild card teams in the NFC could easily win road games, regardless of which wild card teams make it.

Bingo! And still can't get over that the Browns won 10 games. Maybe that was over a two year stretch.

I didn't say you were complaining but wonder then why mention the possible 8 win team winning the North.

It wasn't just the brutal NFC West schedule, but the fact that another NFC team is still probably going to have a better record (or win tie breakers) and probably keep the Cardinals out (unless they get some help).

PS Yes the Browns won 10 games, in one season. Heck we win 9-10 games every 2 seasons outside of 1999-2000.

Ya my Browns went 10-6 in 2007 did not get in...a lot of 10-6 teams have not got in recently.

In 2008 though NE went 11-5 without Brady did not get in but SD went 8-8 the same year and got in.

Edited by Henry Muto

Ya my Browns went 10-6 in 2007 did not get in...a lot of 10-6 teams have not got in recently.

In 2008 though NE went 11-5 without Brady did not get in but SD went 8-8 the same year and got in.

and those two teams where coming off a 16-0 & 11-5 seasons and faced each other in the conference title game

NE follows it up after losing to Giants in the SB with an impressive 11-5 ( no Brady team ) to miss the playoffs and SD drops from 11-5 to 8-8 but still makes it in