[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Early keeper thoughts

This is my first post in the huddle, so let me know if this question should be asked some place else.

I just won the championship in my 14 team, 3 player keeper league. And already I'm starting to worry about my keepers. I'm in a standard scoring PPR league. And this season my WRs pretty much carried my team.

Here is my team. This year's keepers are in red.

QB - Foles, Cassel

WR - Josh Gordon, Brandon Marshall, Pierre Garcon, Cecil Shorts

RB - Doug Martin, Ryan Mathews, Maurice Jones-Drew, Rashad Jennings, Rashard Mendenhall

TE - Delanie Walker, Garrett Graham

K - Matt Bryant

DEF - Cleveland

Right now I'm leaning towards Josh Gordon, Brandon Marshall and Doug Martin. I don't see anything but more drop-off for Jones-Drew.

I know a lot will change in the off-season, but if you had to choose now, which way would you go?

1. My choices above.

2. Go all receiver with Gordon, Marshall and Garcon. Figuring Martin won't return to form after his shoulder injury, and Mathews won't repeat this season's success.

3. Go RB heavy with Martin, Mathews and Gordon. Because you need a good RB base.

4. Some other combination.

Thanks in advance,

HBF

Thanks for the input! With the exception of Manning, Brady, Brees and Rodgers; there are not usually many QB keepers in this league. I'm hoping if I keep two WRs and a RB, I can pick up a good QB in the first round and have a decent base. I think Gordon and Marshall for sure. I like Martin as my RB, but his lack of production and especially TDs at the beginning of the season concerns me. I really liked Mathews and Jennings this season. I glad I still have the whole off-season to make a decision.

• 4 weeks later...

QB - Foles,

WR - Josh Gordon, Brandon Marshall,

RB - Doug Martin,

tough call, a good case could be made for any of these 4, being a 14 teamer i would prob go with:

Foles, Gordon and Martin. Its hard let Marshall go, but having a potential RB1 is a must. Gordon is/could be the best WR again. Foles should easily be top 5 next year.

• 2 weeks later...

i dont have much faith in martin. id either go with foles gordon and marshall or gordon marshall and martin if u want to keep a RB. i think martin and mathews is a wash but foles has major upside and will be in the rogers brees etc conversation next year. if u dont think u can get a good qb id go with qb wr wr. if u think u can then wr wr rb.