[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Black Monday is coming

tazinib1

I know there is another post on this, but I thought the thread title did not give it due justice.

I think the first shot heard around the NFL world is Mike Shanahan. His 2014 $7M salary is guaranteed but that is a drop in the bucket compared to the way Snyder tosses around his cash. Hopefully, as FF players, this is the last time we have to deal with Rat Face in a HC capacity.

I'll guess the only head coaches that get fired are the following:

Munchak

Schiano

Schwartz

Shanahan (There are also $7 million reasons why he could be back next year)

I won’t be shocked if Rex gets fired, but even with a loss, being 7-9 is a surprise to everyone.

The Romo injury/surgery likely saved Garrett his job for one more season.

In NY I could see Tom Coughlin retiring/stepping down, but I also wouldn’t be overly surprised if he got the axe.

Gone are:

• Mike Munchak - will be seen as part of the old ways under Bud Adams.
  • Wade Phillips - Houston has no patience - this was supposed to be a banner year.
  • Jim Schwartz - a team loaded with talent should not lose so many close games.
  • Leslie Frazier - supposed to be a defensive expert, but the Vikings D has been woeful.
  • Mike Shanahan - $7 million owed for 2014, but this is chump change to Dan Snyder.

Finds a way to stay:

• Rex Ryan - team was expected to implode after the injury to Sanchez, yet the Jets toughed it out.
  • Greg Schiano - after horrendous start, the Bucs actually played some football second half with a patched-together roster. Gets one more year.
  • Jason Garret: injury to Romo takes the heat off Garret; if the Cowboys actually find a way to win with Orton, even better.

Gone are:

• Mike Munchak - will be seen as part of the old ways under Bud Adams.

• Wade Phillips - Houston has no patience - this was supposed to be a banner year.

• Jim Schwartz - a team loaded with talent should not lose so many close games.

• Leslie Frazier - supposed to be a defensive expert, but the Vikings D has been woeful.

• Mike Shanahan - $7 million owed for 2014, but this is chump change to Dan Snyder.

Finds a way to stay:

• Rex Ryan - team was expected to implode after the injury to Sanchez, yet the Jets toughed it out.

• Greg Schiano - after horrendous start, the Bucs actually played some football second half with a patched-together roster. Gets one more year.

• Jason Garret: injury to Romo takes the heat off Garret; if the Cowboys actually find a way to win with Orton, even better.

Wade is the interim coach. Plus the D isn't their issue and getting Cushing back will help too. Wade is also the reason why I don't think Lovie gets the job, or any other defensive minded HC (unless their 3-4 coaches) for that matter.

Edited by keggerz