[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Manning likely to lose passing yards record

keggerz

With 1:28 left in the 1st quarter Manning throws a swing pass to Decker that gained 7 yards -- a pass Manning released at the 49 and Decker caught on the 48. More than likely that will be changed to a lateral when stat changes are released later this week. That would take Manning from 266 yards passing for the day to 259, meaning he'd end up with 5,470 passing yards on the season. That's 6 yards shy of Brees' record of 5,476.

With 1:28 left in the 1st quarter Manning throws a swing pass to Decker that gained 7 yards -- a pass Manning released at the 49 and Decker caught on the 48. More than likely that will be changed to a lateral when stat changes are released later this week. That would take Manning from 266 yards passing for the day to 259, meaning he'd end up with 5,470 passing yards on the season. That's 6 yards shy of Brees' record of 5,476.

Frigging stat changers :yuk:

When I saw that Manning had broken the record by 1 yard, the first thought I had was why didn't they let him pad it a little more in case there is a stat correction. And here we go...

• Like 1

When I saw that Manning had broken the record by 1 yard, the first thought I had was why didn't they let him pad it a little more in case there is a stat correction. And here we go...

Because they are not the Patriots ;)

Didn't see the game so not sure how long Peyton really needed to play to secure a win. I would hope they didn't play him just long enough to break every record, but did it based on the score or some early plan to play a half. With that big half time lead against the hapless Raiders he didn't need to play in the 2nd half.

Because they are not the Patriots ;)

Didn't see the game so not sure how long Peyton really needed to play to secure a win. I would hope they didn't play him just long enough to break every record, but did it based on the score or some early plan to play a half. With that big half time lead against the hapless Raiders he didn't need to play in the 2nd half.

True, but they played Manning so that he could break those records and with that being the case, why not make sure it's firmly in hand by going 10-20 yards over the record and not just a single yard. He actually broke the record on a TD pass to Thomas, so that's why he never came back, the record was broken and the game was in hand.

Edited by irish

It took Manning about a decade and a half, but he learned what fantasy owners have been dreading for years: stat corrections

That said, with him breaking the TD record and a slightly not forward pass that would have won him the passing record too, its not like anyone is gonna argue against it being the best statistical season ever, and by a decent margin too.

Edited by delusions of grandeur

My thoughts too. I was hoping he would crack 5500.