[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who is your team playing in 2014? Look inside and you'll see!

tazinib1

Does it really matter who my team will play? They're gonna finish 8-8 and lose in the final week to not make the playoffs any way. Then we'll get some lame ass speech from the podium of how "we just didn't get the job done" and "we're gonna go back and work really hard and do our best to do right by the fans to perform up to expectations."

Well I got news for ya, my expectation is that you're a mediocre team, led by mediocre leadership, which just ends with mediocre season after season. So, maybe they are performing up to expectations.

Happy Damn New Year!!

Edited by irish
  • Like 1

Does it really matter who my team will play? They're gonna finish 8-8 and lose in the final week to not make the playoffs any way. Then we'll get some lame ass speech from the podium of how "we just didn't get the job done" and "we're gonna go back and work really hard and do our best to do right by the fans to perform up to expectations."

Well I got news for ya, my expectation is that you're a mediocre team, led by mediocre leadership, which just ends with mediocre season after season. So, maybe they are performing up to expectations.

Happy Damn New Year!!

Cowboys fan....

Not this year

Not any year.

Lucky guess lol...I just don't understand them especially in the Packers game they just stop running the ball when Murray was averaging 6-7 yards. It doesn't make sense but what do I know, sorry didn't mean to open any fresh wounds

No big deal, those wounds never heal.

Happy Damn New Year!!

You beat me to it. However, I'm going to up the ante and state here that six wins is Dallas' ceiling next year. Salary cap hell is around the corner, and some tough choices will need to be made.

If done correctly by rotation, the next time you face the Pats, it will be a home game.

Not necessarily. Sorry to gall all geeky here, but I follow this info pretty heavily on another site.

Looking back, DEN has played at NE each of the last 3 years, but in 2011 that was a playoff game. DEN hosted NE during the regular season in 2011. So the "we've had to go to NE each of the last 3 years" isn't entirely true (or ignore the NE @ DEN in 21011). That was the last time DEN played the whole AFC East, 2014 is the next time, and the home/away games are flipped, so NE hosts this time.

In 2012 and 2013 DEN and NE played because they both finished in the same spot (1st) in their division. Those games do not have any fixed rotation that I am aware of, there are two each year (for the two divions in your conference that you don't play entirely) and one will be home the other road, NFL decides which.

In 2014 DEN plays full AFC East again, and could play NE in 2015 and 2016 based on finishing order, both could be in NE, both in DEN or they could split. In 2017 DEN will host NE (when DEN plays full AFC East) as long as they keep the current rotation.

The current scheduling makes it so that you play every team in your conference every 3 years, with a home game against that team every 6 years. Teams outside your conference you play every 4 years, with a home game every 8. (Of course London games, Bills game in Toronto and a few other things can tweak that or make them not true home games.)

Looking back, DEN has played at NE each of the last 3 years, but in 2011 that was a playoff game. DEN hosted NE during the regular season in 2011. So the "we've had to go to NE each of the last 3 years" isn't entirely true (or ignore the NE @ DEN in 21011). That was the last time DEN played the whole AFC East, 2014 is the next time, and the home/away games are flipped, so NE hosts this time.

2012: http://espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=321007017

2013: http://espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=331124017

2014: Just announced to be @ NE

That's 3 in a row.

2012: http://espn.go.com/n...ameId=321007017

2013: http://espn.go.com/n...ameId=331124017

2014: Just announced to be @ NE

That's 3 in a row.

Yep, got caught up in the details and missed that. Was trying to clarify the point BJ made about the rotation, that the home/away is not every time 2 teams play, but when you play the whole division. The two times they played based on finishing order were both at NE, not sure why or how the NFL makes that decision.

If NE and DEN finish in the same spot in their divisions in 2014 they will play again in 2015, and there is no gaurantee by rotation or any other scheduling rule that they won't be going to NE again. But in 2017 when DEN plays AFC East again, the game with NE will be in DEN.

Yep, got caught up in the details and missed that. Was trying to clarify the point BJ made about the rotation, that the home/away is not every time 2 teams play, but when you play the whole division. The two times they played based on finishing order were both at NE, not sure why or how the NFL makes that decision.

If NE and DEN finish in the same spot in their divisions in 2014 they will play again in 2015, and there is no gaurantee by rotation or any other scheduling rule that they won't be going to NE again. But in 2017 when DEN plays AFC East again, the game with NE will be in DEN.

Gotcha

Interestingly, NE played @ DEN in the 2011 regular season and then they had the playoff game @ NE.

Edited by BA Baracus