[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

dynasty trade help -> auction contract league

I just took over the last place team, no startabe qb/ te/ and 1 de/dt's (Suh) team highlights in IDP are : Reid/Vaccaro/Baron and Kendricks/Willis/Woodyard

Where we start 2 min (de/dt) (lb) (s/cb) max is 3 of each with our 5 flex spots

However i'm stacked at wr, thomas, djax, jeffery, patterson, wright and it goes on

So is V Davis and R Quinn to much to ask for D Thomas

We also have a 3 round rookie draft, and he has 2.07/3.07 in a 12 team remaining. I have 1.01/2.01/3.01

Should i be throwing in a pick? Help please

His wr's suck and needs to make a (this) trade

Thanks

No way. DL is a volitile position. Quinn's good but could easily fall off. Davis is a good TE but if you're giving up Thomas, you'll need to get incredible value back.

If you have the WR depth I'd offer a lesser WR and a later pick to get Davis/Quinn and hope that Quinn continues to dominate.

First, I would like to thank both of you for your input and all the help you have provided me over the past year, i just finished my first season of idp and took the next step to take over this team as well as joined a start-up dynasty that drafts in 2 months.

I'm at odds right now about where to start rebuilding this team, as much as i may not want to admit it, it may take a year or two to clear some of the bad contracts off the books, and by then some of my younger stars will have redone their contracts and i will not be able to afford them all. Of the 29 players that i have under contract for next season (45 man roster + 5 TS) 18 were rookies last year, the previous owner loved to trade stars for picks and pieces and the draft picks were guarenteed contracts and salary above their performance levels.

The thought of trading thomas came from a few angles,

mannings age -> who will be throwing to him in 2 years when i have hadthe chance to rebuild,

contract -> if i had to redo his contract this year it would be 4-5 times what he gets now(8-10 mill)

last years stats -> everyone wants him and i should be able to fill at least 2 holes on my roster (and add a pick for him now to help speed up the process.)

The lack of starting qb (manuel) i may be able to solve in the draft, and it may force my hand with the 1.01 pick, although i don't like drafting qb's that early i may not have a choice however i could likely trade back possibly for 2 1sts.

The lack of starting TE is an issue with few FA this year, and rookie TE's not known for blasting off.

Not sure i can use 1.01 on a def player at this point, too many other holes to fill and imo gems can be found later on in the draft.

While no solution is compleatly fantastic, what would you expect to get back for thomas/

EDIT Offers are-> the julius thomas owner said he would package him for DT. (But i'm not sure he see's those numbers again either). also has Foles, Ryan, m Brown, A Sanders, O Vernon, L Houston, D Hall, M Elam, D landry

-> J Cameron, M Williams, Big Ben, K Chancellor

-> J. Jones (GB), C Jordan and pick 1.03 -> he said this was his starting bid also has M Floyd - Ari, Gio, D Murray, Flacco (stop gap as qb?)

Edited by millworkguy

I try to plan my dynasty leagues for the next 2 years. That means for drafting, RFA and keeping/trading players.

With that said, I think you have to keep Thomas. He was showing signs of being a stud with Tim frickin' Tebow at QB.

He will be an elite WR for 2+ years, IMO.

You simply can't trade a stud WR to fill a hole at DL.

And these new offers are not doable IMO either. You're giving up the best player in the deal for average-to-good players. Never give up the best player in the deal (or at least try not to... if you want wo win in the next 1-2 years).

Honestly, I would try to trade Jeffrey. Cutler was just resigned so that means 2+ more years of him forcing the ball to Marshall. Jeffrey will be good but with Cutler throwing the ball he will never be a stud. Maybe you can convince someone otherwise and get some talent back for him, including a DL if you see fit.

Good point, cheers

With my needs where would you go with 1.01?

Best player available. And at this point, it's hard to say who that will be. Put Sammy Watkins in a good situation and he's a no-brainer.

And yes, I understand your WRs are stacked, but unless you plan on trading down (which certainly could be an option), you gotta take the best player in a dynasty format.

So i ended up moving DJax, Datone Jones and my 3.01 for Andy Dalton, Marvin Jones, Rober Quinn and 2.09, this solved a few of my line-up problems, was salary neutral and moved me up in the draft a few spots

:tup: Nice move. Jackson is certainly a nice WR but will be up and down in that offense. You have the WR depth to make a move like this, so why not.

Dalton's a decent fantasy QB - losing his OC won't help much though. Jones has some upside. And Quinn could be the DL you need.

Thanks,

I hadn't seen anything of Datone Jones so moving him was an unknown,

Final outcome of moves from the original roster;

Gone are:

DJax,

K Stills

Datone Jones -

3.01 pick in rookie draft

now I have:

Andy Dalton

Marlon Brown

Jeremy Kerley

Tim Wright

Robert Quinn

Oliver Vernon

R Sherman

And with the 1.01 and 2.01 i can easly add at least one solid rookie wr this year

Edited by millworkguy