[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NFL stories not worth their own thread - post them

MustOfBeenDrunk

Not to mention trying to tie it to FF and saying how many FF GMs would be fired for bad decisions. Who would fire them? :crazy: or :brew:

The Commish who else :brew: we all want to have equality / parity / We should all finish with the same record tied for 1st place :woot:

No you didn't just go there :rofl:

I didn't go there initially because it really didn't have to do with FOOTBALL per se.

But it was a media mess and Ireland's shortcomings as a GM allowed the team to "mutually part ways" with him as a sacrificial lamb. Maybe now the NFL won't be so hard on the poor Dolphins for that whole bag of BS.

• Like 1

I didn't go there initially because it really didn't have to do with FOOTBALL per se.

But it was a media mess and Ireland's shortcomings as a GM allowed the team to "mutually part ways" with him as a sacrificial lamb. Maybe now the NFL won't be so hard on the poor Dolphins for that whole bag of BS.

Ok I agree with this & now will put the subject to bed , nothing but respect for you ( even if you are a Bears fan ) :shades:

It was clear this past offseason that Ireland was going all in. Many assumed that was to save his job, and I think that's a fair assumption. With how the Dolphins folded the last two weeks of the season I'm not shocked in the least that they've "parted ways."

Edited by keggerz

Goodell hasn't ruled out a Super Bowl in London :hscratch:

http://msn.foxsports...n-london-010814

But only after a team is placed in London (according to the article). That won't happen, a team in LA will happen first. London has too many logistical issues for a NFL team.

The fact is, Goodell (a puppet for the NFL owners) will not rule out anything that adds $$$ to the NFL. 18 game season, check. 14 teams in playoffs, check. NFL regular season games in London, check. SB in outdoor weather in NY NJ, check.

They don't care about existing fans, they want MORE!. Just like the telecoms, they don't care about existing customers, but will give great deals to sign new customers. Then a short time later, screw them too.

It goes both ways. How many times have you seen a team cut a guy because he's going to be making too much money, or they ask him to restructure/take a pay cut.

Yeah...but a team can't force a player to restructure their contract. The only recourse is to cut him, which often results in a salary cap hit and wasted money.

Besides, DJax is just benefiting from Foles success in running the Kelley offense. He is basically the same player as Mike Wallace, which isn't all that rare or good.

Yeah...but a team can't force a player to restructure their contract. The only recourse is to cut him, which often results in a salary cap hit and wasted money.

And a player can't force a team to re-do their contract. Their only recourse is to sit out and not get paid or play for an amount they feel isn't representative of their worth.

It really does work both ways. And just because they can cut him but take a cap hit doesn't negate the fact that they aren't honoring their end of the bargain.

But only after a team is placed in London (according to the article). That won't happen, a team in LA will happen first. London has too many logistical issues for a NFL team.

The fact is, Goodell (a puppet for the NFL owners) will not rule out anything that adds $$$ to the NFL. 18 game season, check. 14 teams in playoffs, check. NFL regular season games in London, check. SB in outdoor weather in NY NJ, check.

They don't care about existing fans, they want MORE!. Just like the telecoms, they don't care about existing customers, but will give great deals to sign new customers. Then a short time later, screw them too.

You don't have to watch. Or participate. Or play FF. Or consume NFL football.

Until you and many others like you just STOP, the train will continue. And you (or anyone), has no business complaining about it.

You don't have to watch. Or participate. Or play FF. Or consume NFL football.

Until you and many others like you just STOP, the train will continue. And you (or anyone), has no business complaining about it.

Going to have to disagree. I as a fan and consumer of the product have every right to complain about it. Currently I spend no money directly on the NFL on a regular basis. I brought a new Browns hat a couple years ago, that was the last $ I gave them. Yes I have subscriber TV and get ESPN, NFLN and the other channels showing games and I watch those games. That is it.

Could I stop watching games and playing FF, sure but how does that affect the NFL's bottom line.

How full of yourself do you have to be to be able to pull this off?

http://espn.go.com/n...s-suit-pro-bowl

Is there an ignore option for real life?

It is time to put the Pro Bowl in the grave. Of course it will not happen because it still makes some money, but it really should.

It would honestly be more interested in a kicker contest than the pro bowl. At least that is something new.

Edited by Papajohn

How full of yourself do you have to be to be able to pull this off?

http://espn.go.com/n...s-suit-pro-bowl

Is there an ignore option for real life?

This latest gimmick (the new format) is all about generating fan interest (and ratings). So of course Deion will go talk like this. Suprised they didn't find somebody with as big a mouth/ego as him to captain the other team. Was Michael Irvin busy?

Haven't watched in years and won't pay any more attention to it now, except to ridicule this farce.

Its from The Onion so NO not news but the title alone had me LMAO

Roger Goodell Fired After Another .500 Season

NEW YORK—Calling his sustained mediocrity “simply unacceptable,” the NFL’s owners reportedly elected Friday to fire Roger Goodell following his eighth consecutive .500 season as league commissioner. “As much as we appreciate what he has done for this organization, 127-127-2 frankly just doesn’t cut it,” said executive vice president Joe Siclare, noting that Goodell’s record included “inexcusable” losses to the Redskins, Jaguars, and Jets. “We thought Roger would lead us forward from the Tagliabue era and create a winning culture, but unfortunately he’s only delivered more .500 football. Our fans expect better than that, and so do we.” Sources confirmed that NFL owners are confident they can start winning soon if they finally pick up a decent quarterback in the 2014 draft.

Edited by MustOfBeenDrunk