[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NFL stories not worth their own thread - post them

MustOfBeenDrunk

DeSean Jackson will wear No. 11 in Washington, RG3 will keep 10. He reported asking for RG3's No. 10 Jersey. What a tool!

If I wore a certain number and felt it was lucky, I'd ask too. It's not like he demanded it.

Maybe Robert Griffin would have liked to wear "3."

Never hurts to ask.

I am pretty interested in seeing what Hoyer can do.

I second that. He was pretty good last year in limited service. We will see how he looks this year.

so do I but I doubt we will ever find out

Bills acquire Mike Williams from the Bucs for a 6th round pick.

Considering this is the price for a Blaine Gabbert I think the Bills made a very good trade.

Considering this is the price for a Blaine Gabbert I think the Bills made a very good trade.

Yeah, but when your trade value starts equating with Gabbert your career is probably not headed in a favorable direction. Hopefully MW can right the ship in Buffalo.

• 2 weeks later...

Seahawks trade for Terrell Pryor (Oak), for a 7th round pick. I'm kinda scratching my head, maybe he'll switch to WR? Here's to hoping, as he's 6 ft 5 and 230 lbs, which would be the perfect big WR they are looking for. Most likely he'll supplant TJack as the no. 2 behind Wilson.

Seahawks trade for Terrell Pryor (Oak), for a 7th round pick. I'm kinda scratching my head, maybe he'll switch to WR? Here's to hoping, as he's 6 ft 5 and 230 lbs, which would be the perfect big WR they are looking for. Most likely he'll supplant TJack as the no. 2 behind Wilson.

Whew, almost cut him in a dynasty league today. I think he's got enough goin for him to make for an interesting prospect, regardless of position.

There will be one more San Francisco 49ers presence at Candlestick Park and it will feature the most important player in team history.

Hall of Fame quarterback Joe Montana will lead the 49ers' charge in Candlestick 21 years after he left the team he led to four Super Bowl victories. Montana, 57, will lead a team of former 49ers against fellow Hall of Fame quarterback Dan Marino and a team of former Miami Dolphins in a flag football game at Candlestick July 12.

Montana and the 49ers beat Marino and the Dolphins in the Super Bowl XIX in Jan. 1985. This reunion game will be the final football game at Candlestick. The 49ers are moving to Levi's stadium in Santa Clara this season.

The San Francisco Chronicle reported fellow former 49ers stars Jerry Rice, Dwight Clark and Roger Craig are also planning to play. Montana had hinted of one final game at Candlestick in recent months.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10833194/joe-montana-dan-marino-playing-flag-football-candlestick-park

http://msn.foxsports.com/buzzer/story/calvin-johnson-says-he-will-still-dunk-after-scoring-touchdown-042814

Calvin Johnson on TD celebrations: 'I am still going to dunk'

The NFL will not stop Calvin Johnson from dunking.

As you know, the league recently decided that a 15-yard penalty would be given to any player who dunks the football over the goal post.

However, the Lions superstar wide receiver thinks he found a loophole.

He told the Detroit Free Press over the weekend, "I'm still doing to dunk. I just won't touch the rim."

Why do we think Johnson is going to hear from Roger Goodell sooner than later?

http://msn.foxsports.com/buzzer/story/calvin-johnson-says-he-will-still-dunk-after-scoring-touchdown-042814

Calvin Johnson on TD celebrations: 'I am still going to dunk'

The NFL will not stop Calvin Johnson from dunking.

As you know, the league recently decided that a 15-yard penalty would be given to any player who dunks the football over the goal post.

However, the Lions superstar wide receiver thinks he found a loophole.

He told the Detroit Free Press over the weekend, "I'm still doing to dunk. I just won't touch the rim."

Why do we think Johnson is going to hear from Roger Goodell sooner than later?

Such a retarded rule anyhow.

I know its probably wrong but every time I hear that word, I think abut Something About Mary.

Healy: My real passion is my hobby.

Mary: Really what's that?

Healy: I work with retards.

Mary: Isn't that a little uhm, politically incorrect?

Healy: Well to hell with that, no one's gonna tell me who I can and cant work with right?

Mary: No, I mean...

HEALY: There's this one kid, we call him Mongo on account of he's a mongoloid. He got out of his cage once and--"

MARY: He's in a cage?

HEALY: Well it's more of an enclosure really.

MARY They keep him confined? That's bullhonda!

HEALY That's what I said, so I went out and got him a leash you know, one of those clothesline runners for the backyard. He's got plenty of room out there to dig. The kid's really blossomed. Now I can take him to ball games, movies--you know, happy stuff.

MARY: That sounds like fun.

HEALY: Yeah, it's fun for them, but it's heaven for me. (getting emotional) Those goofy bastards are just about the best thing I have in this crazy old world

Edited by Joessfl
  • Like 1

I know its probably wrong but every time I hear that word, I think abut Something About Mary.

Healy: My real passion is my hobby.

Mary: Really what's that?

Healy: I work with retards.

Mary: Isn't that a little uhm, politically incorrect?

Healy: Well to hell with that, no one's gonna tell me who I can and cant work with right?

Mary: No, I mean...

HEALY: There's this one kid, we call him Mongo on account of he's a mongoloid. He got out of his cage once and--"

MARY: He's in a cage?

HEALY: Well it's more of an enclosure really.

MARY They keep him confined? That's bullhonda!

HEALY That's what I said, so I went out and got him a leash you know, one of those clothesline runners for the backyard. He's got plenty of room out there to dig. The kid's really blossomed. Now I can take him to ball games, movies--you know, happy stuff.

MARY: That sounds like fun.

HEALY: Yeah, it's fun for them, but it's heaven for me. (getting emotional) Those goofy bastards are just about the best thing I have in this crazy old world

Great movie! Darin, I'm gonna get you a leash.

• Like 2

And to think, you are charged with shaping the minds of our youth. It's kind of scary, actually.

:sad:

Why is that? Have you ever seen me teach? Do you have any idea of what my credentials are or the history of success that my students have shown?

I gather you pass these judgements cause I used the word retarded which if you had any clue about educational classification, you'd know that it's not a word associated with any classification our disability any longer, at least not in NJ. Therefore, I'd just be using it to mean stupid or foolish.

Retarded - adjective

1. characterized by a slowness or limitation in intellectual understanding and awareness, emotional development, academic progress, etc.

or

2. stupid or foolish.

Just curious, do you happen to have a relative who has a disability? Asking cause you seemed a little sensitive about this and over reacting.

Edited by irish