[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Official 2014 NFL Playoffs thread

bud29

As the first kickoff is tomorrow, thought a thread would be in line - this is here to share predictions & thoughts about this year's matchups. My predictions for the wild card round:

KC 20, IND 17

NO 27, PHI 34

SF 31, GB 21

SD 24, CIN 28

Feel free to share your thoughts and/or predictions as well.

I like the Chargers chances with Terrence Newman being listed as doubtful. Phillip Rivers should be able to exploit a depleted Bengals secondary. Although the same could be said for AJ Green against the Bolts woeful pass defense. Plus the Bengals are undefeated at home this year. I still give them a shot, albeit a very small one.

GO CHARGERS!!!

The Colts should shred the Chiefs

The Eagles will eek out a win against a Saints offense minus Pierre Thomas

And I'm not sure the 49'rs will be able to do anything in GB in that frozen tundra.

I like the Chargers chances with Terrence Newman being listed as doubtful. Phillip Rivers should be able to exploit a depleted Bengals secondary. Although the same could be said for AJ Green against the Bolts woeful pass defense. Plus the Bengals are undefeated at home this year. I still give them a shot, albeit a very small one.

GO CHARGERS!!!

And I'm not sure the 49'rs will be able to do anything in GB in that frozen tundra.

The weather definitely is going to play a role in the GB game, which honestly is why I like SF. Their offense is so run-oriented, not nearly as reliant on the pass. GB has a good run game with Lacy too, though, so it'll be interesting.

I'm hoping that KC will hugely benefit off the return of Albert and Houston, who they didn't have the first time they played Indy. I think the Chiefs at least keep it close as long as they don't turn it over 4 times like they did in week 16 :sad:

Whew thank God, I almost passed this thread by but then saw it was OFFICIAL.

Chiefs - in the battle of not-quite-there-yet's

Eagles - underrated team beats overrated team

Pack - ditto

Chargers - because I suspect the "bad" Bengals will show up. it's playoff time after all.

Whew thank God, I almost passed this thread by but then saw it was OFFICIAL.

Chiefs - in the battle of not-quite-there-yet's

Eagles - underrated team beats overrated team

Pack - ditto

Chargers - because I suspect the "bad" Bengals will show up. it's playoff time after all.

I predict the exact opposite! :shrug:

GO CHARGERS!!!

:rofl: Guess we will see tomorrow. Maybe I won't be laughing, but that's a hilarious statement to make IMO. I think the Chiefs are capable of "shredding" the Colts to be honest. Will KC win? Not if history is an indicator.

:rofl: Guess we will see tomorrow. Maybe I won't be laughing, but that's a hilarious statement to make IMO. I think the Chiefs are capable of "shredding" the Colts to be honest. Will KC win? Not if history is an indicator.

Anything I can do to tickle your tonsils

KC 17, IND 23- Andy Reid is what he is. A good regular season coach but he can't win big games and hasn't beaten a good team this year. 2-4 in the last 6 and Alex Smith is Trent Dilfer. Classic Reid choke here as time expires before they score at the end of game becuase he wasted his timeouts early in the 3rd quarter challenging a call that was obviously not going to be over-turned

NO 21, PHI 27- despite 3 roughing the passer calls for Brees that should never have been called, the weather defeats the Saints. Graham has 15 catches for 183 yards and 3 TDs but no other WR has more than 2 catches and they never get a running game going. Cold-1, Saints 0

FWIW- I'm a Philly homer and chalked this up to one and done. But I think the weather will really be a factor for Brees and the passing game. Gametime temp around 22 degrees

SF 14, GB 17- too cold for SF who can't get the running game going and the cold hampers the passing. Lacy manages to pound for 150 yards and Rogers passes just enough

SD 17, CIN 21- freaking cold everywhere. I can't wait for all the replays of the 1980 ('81?) game when the cold beat Fouts. Rivers is no Fouts but similar issue here. Cincy is just good enough on D to slow SD and AJ and Gio generate enough O to get the win.

Edited by Zooty

KC over Indy. The Colts are prone to lay an egg, like they did in weeks 9 & 11. Chiefs will be on top of their game.

Philly over the Saints, who are a totally different team away from the dome, but it will be close.

Niners over Green Bay in a low scoring "frozen tundra" battle.

Cincy finally gets it done in the playoffs with a convincing win over the Chargers