[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

UN-Official Saints vs Eagles Wild Card Game Thread

keggerz

Wasn't this suppose to be the exciting game? I'm getting sleepy...

Ugh now going to Bob Costas. He is the only person I have ever seen that was able to make a living out of saying absolutely nothing. Anytime on a Sunday night when you want to know the status of a player he runs his mouth about nothing and gives absolutely no info on the player into the beginning of the game.

Edited by Scorcher

The drop by Cooper was a game changer. Payton called a terrific game and the Saints did very well on the ground. The final drive for the win was perfectly executed . Brees had a nice 2nd half as well

Nobody thinks that horse collar tackle on Darren Sproles, adding 15 yards, had anything to do with them being able to kick that FG huh? Cooper dropped a pass..so what. That penalty cost them the game. Plain and simple.

Go Chargers!!!

Nobody thinks that horse collar tackle on Darren Sproles, adding 15 yards, had anything to do with them being able to kick that FG huh?

It definitely helped, but Brees still would have had, if I recall correctly, over 4:30 just to get in field goal range. I think they would have won regardless of the penalty. Obviously that's all hypothetical, but the Philly D was looking pretty weak down the stretch.

Nobody thinks that horse collar tackle on Darren Sproles, adding 15 yards, had anything to do with them being able to kick that FG huh? Cooper dropped a pass..so what. That penalty cost them the game. Plain and simple.

I disagree. Saints would have moved the ball into fg range without that penalty.

Eagles did some things you could blame the loss on ...this aint it IMO

• Like 1

One thing that did puzzle me, why didn't Philly just clear out and let the saints run it in for a TD? Trying to stop them just let the clock bleed. Letting them just walk in would at least have given Foles a shot at a game-winning drive.

Edited by bud29

Amazing what you can do on the ground when your not rotating your backs every 2 plays, Ingram was the workhorse, he's a volume back and showed he can get the job done if he gets the carries. I hope Thomas is out next week too.

Cooper dropped a pass..so what.

:lol: Cooper could have done Mary Lou Retton back hand springs for about 50 yards before someone touched him if he caught that ball. Instead, they changed possesion. "So what" is a bit of an understatement. I think it was a major major play in this game