[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dynasty Dialogue - 2014 (Quarterbacks)

darin3

It's just a dirty spammer.

I considered that as well with his linking to some other fantasy site in his last 2 responses.... but none of his other posts have links, sooo... maybe he thinks he's "been around long enough" to start spamming. :thinking:

Tajh Boyd, big downgrade after watching him today in the Senior Bowl. He operated almost exclusively out of the shotgun at Clemson and looks clumsy in a traditional, under-center system today. He's missed on a few opportunities and threw a sloppy pass that was picked by the FS.

• 4 weeks later...

Teddy Bridgewater - I don't really see it. This feels like the classic over-hype just to fill the top of the ranking. I don't think he'll be horrible, but I think he ends up like, ironically, a David Carr. Maybe if he goes where there's a lot of help around him he'll flourish, but I see him as being a Sam Bradford.

I'm telling you guys, he's extremely similar to Rodgers coming out of Cal, except he's further along than Rodgers was as a rookie. Go to draft breakdown, or wherever you guys see game film. His vision and ability to look defenders off is amazing. Accuracy is elite. The guy is going to be a monster.

I don't have a ranking yet, won't until after the draft, but comments in order you have them:

Teddy Bridgewater - I don't really see it. This feels like the classic over-hype just to fill the top of the ranking. I don't think he'll be horrible, but I think he ends up like, ironically, a David Carr. Maybe if he goes where there's a lot of help around him he'll flourish, but I see him as being a Sam Bradford.

Johnny Manziel - I'm all in. Drinking the kool-aid. Singing the praises. Show me the money. He's that annoying little prick you love to hate - the one that always wins, always passes the test, always gets all the chicks - but he wins every time. He's the bad boy verion of Tim Tebow (that doesn't suck), and the players feed off the energy. He elevates those around him just by how much everyone is against him. And we wins every time. I don't actually like him, but I'm not missing out on him. Oh, I mean he sucks and you should all continue to devalue him on your draft boards. 6th rounder at best in dynasty drafts. Yeah, that's the ticket. 6th round.

Derrick Carr - Watered down version of his brother. And that's not good. I don't see him do anything exceptionally. His arm is ok. His mobility is ok. He makes ok decisions. Nothing about him excites me. Chad Pennington/Tony Romo type.

Blake Bortles - If I'd seen more of him like I have seen, I'd be all over him like I am Manziel. The sample size is too small, so I'll temper my enthusiasm a bit, but I'm guessing that by the time the combine and draft process are over I'll be sold.

Brett Smith - Don't have any comment, havne't seen nor heard enough about him.

David Fales - Don't have any comment, havne't seen nor heard enough about him.

AJ McCarron - Love his game and think it translates well to the NFL. Only knock is he doesn't have a rocket. Adequate arm strength, but if he's smart that won't even matter. It becomes a liability when a QB tries to drive it into a window he's not capable of, and I didn't see much of that from McCarron. Someone gets a bargain late 1st.

Tajh Boyd - I haven't ever see him look good throwing the ball. Sammy Watkins and DeAndre Hopkins have made him look good and covered for a lot of throws that were in the wrong spot but they went and got. I don't see him making it in the NFL.

Zack Mettenberger - My most likely deep sleeper. The knee won't change anything about scouts' perceptions. He's not a runner anyway, and he's not going in the early first round even if healthy. He'll go in the 2/3 range and someone could hit gold. He'll need the right team - a line that can keep him upright and a TE or RB to check to. He could end up a developmental long-term for Brady/Brees and that wouldn't suck for him.

Connor Shaw - Don't have any comment, havne't seen nor heard enough about him.

I know I'm a cowboys homer but Pennington and Romo are just not the same type... At all.

I know I'm a cowboys homer but Pennington and Romo are just not the same type... At all.

Aside from health and system, they are a lot more alike than you realize. There's nothing really special about Romo, just like Pennington. His arm strength is ok, his reads are ok (most of the time), he drives the ball ok, his deep ball accuracy is ok. He might be a little more mobile than Pennington, but aside from the system he plays in and the weapons he has, Romo is just a big walking yawn.

Aside from health and system, they are a lot more alike than you realize. There's nothing really special about Romo, just like Pennington. His arm strength is ok, his reads are ok (most of the time), he drives the ball ok, his deep ball accuracy is ok. He might be a little more mobile than Pennington, but aside from the system he plays in and the weapons he has, Romo is just a big walking yawn.

I hear ya, but Romo is more mobile, has a stronger arm, is more capable of making the big play and also has a greater ability to carry the team when needed.

Pennington was a total game-manager for the most part.

I hear ya, but Romo is more mobile, has a stronger arm, is more capable of making the big play and also has a greater ability to carry the team when needed.

Pennington was a total game-manager for the most part.

Romo has WAY more arm than Pennington. Romo actually throws a really nice deep ball.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm telling you guys, he's extremely similar to Rodgers coming out of Cal, except he's further along than Rodgers was as a rookie. Go to draft breakdown, or wherever you guys see game film. His vision and ability to look defenders off is amazing. Accuracy is elite. The guy is going to be a monster.

Maybe your right, but all of the film I've watched is him throwing to a WR that is so wide open, I could make that pass. Granted I haven't seen a ton of film on him, just not sure hitting wide open receivers in college translates well to the NFL.