[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Your 15 2014 Hall of Fame Finalists

tazinib1

LT Walter Jones

WR Marvin Harrison

WR Tim Brown

WR Andre Reed

RB Jerome Bettis

coach Tony Dungy

K Morten Andersen

LB Derrick Brooks

owner Eddie DeBartolo

LB Kevin Greene

DE Charles Haley

S John Lynch

OG Will Shields

DE Michael Strahan

DB Aeneas Williams.

They have to let in more than 5 a year...this is stupid

In for me

LT Walter Jones

WR Marvin Harrison

WR Tim Brown

LB Derrick Brooks

DE Charles Haley

OG Will Shields

DE Michael Strahan

DB Aeneas Williams.

I don't think owners and coaches should reduce the amount of PLAYERS who get in. Stupid....

Guys in bold are the ones who get in IMO, though the 5th is probably Bettis who is not a HoFer IMO

Plus the old guys - Ray Guy and Claude Humphrey

http://www.profootba...2014-finalists/

Can they fix two travesties in one year? Put Ray Guy and Tim Brown both in?

Yes Ray Guy should of been in a long time ago , I still remember watching Ray Guy in pregame warm ups but instead of kicking he was throwing passes to WR's down field , man he had an arm , not to accurate but he could toss the rock

Marvin Harrison:

14,580 yards - 7th all time

1,102 catches - 3rd all time

128 receiving TD's - 5th all time

76.7 yard/game - 6th all time

Holds NFL record with 143 receptions in a single season.

Edited by CaptainHook

Marvin Harrison:

14,580 yards - 7th all time

1,102 catches - 3rd all time

128 receiving TD's - 5th all time

Holds NFL record with 143 receptions in a single season.

Wow didn't realize he was that far out in from of Steve Largent , but then again Peyton didn't hurt is cause

He will make it in but shouldn't before Tim Brown or Ray Guy

He will make it in but shouldn't before Tim Brown or Ray Guy

Even though Marvin is ahead of him in career receptions, TD's, and yards per game?

And Tim Brown played 17 years in the NFL compared to Marvin's 13 year career?

And not ahead of a punter? Seriously?

Edited by CaptainHook

Even though Marvin is ahead of him in career receptions, TD's, and yards per game?

And Tim Brown played 17 years in the NFL compared to Marvin's 13 year career?

And not ahead of a punter? Seriously?

And Marvin has been waiting how long ?

Ray Guy & Tim Brown how long ?

I guess I'm in the class that feels that Marvin Harrison is a first-ballot Hall of Famer.

Many would agree - I do. However, if it means not putting Brown in, many will change their minds. Brown goes first. Not only because of how long he's waited, but the fact that it's a farce he's not already in.

• Like 1

I guess I'm in the class that feels that Marvin Harrison is a first-ballot Hall of Famer.

I agree too but he is not popular with the media and I think this committe will make him wait till after they put Brown in (this year Brown will go and next year Marvin, IMO)

I wasn't watching much during Ray Guy's career, and certainly wasn't wowed by a punter then (in my teens). I was not aware that no punters had been inducted before, and only 3 place kickers (only one a pure kicker). There are about 20 each for coaches and contributors. Makes you wonder if a punter will ever make it. I've heard many say Guy was the best, so he would be the one. Is he the only 75th Anniv team member not in HOF (don't have time now to compare the two lists)

http://www.nfl.com/history/legends/75th http://www.profootballhof.com/hof/positions.aspx

I agree Brown first, then Harrison. There has been a lot of discussion over the years about WR that had to wait far to long. Art Monk was one, and now Tim Brown. The longer these guys have to wait the better chance they don't get in because the WOW stats of more recent candidates that played in a more offensive era.

It was criminal that Don Coryelle was not inducted while alive. Every year that passes is probably less likely as he fades from modern memory.

Practically EVERY team at the pro level incorporates some form or method he developed utilized in the modern passing game.

I get the "no championship" argument, but the years he had the offense to do it, the defenses were lacking players. That is a front office issue. The man transformed the game forever and should he recognized for it.

• Like 2

Also with Ray Guy you are talking about arguably the best to ever play the position with (7) selections to the Pro Bowl and to top it off was named to the leagues 75th anniversary team ,,, why is he not in yet ? :wacko:

I guess what is going through voters minds is "who do I leave off the list to fit this F'N kicker in?"......I wouldn't be able to do it either, maybe put up a plaque close to the restrooms or by the janitors closet to recognize kickers, if that..... :thinking:

I guess what is going through voters minds is "who do I leave off the list to fit this F'N kicker in?"......I wouldn't be able to do it either, maybe put up a plaque close to the restrooms or by the janitors closet to recognize kickers, if that..... :thinking:

that is the way I feel about coaches making it in
  • Like 1