[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Your 15 2014 Hall of Fame Finalists

tazinib1

First Ballot HOFers

Year …… Pos ……. Player

2013 …… OL ……. Larry Allen

2013 …… OT ……. Jonathan Ogden

2013 …… DT ……. Warren Sapp

2011 …… CB ……. Deion Sanders

2011 …… RB ……. Marshall Faulk

2010 …… RB ……. Emmitt Smith

2010 …… WR ……. Jerry Rice

2009 …… DB ……. Rod Woodson

2009 …… DE ……. Bruce Smith

2008 …… CB ……. Darrell Green

2007 …… OL ……. Bruce Matthews

2006 …… DE ……. Reggie White

2006 …… QB ……. Warren Moon

2006 …… QB ……. Troy Aikman

2005 …… QB ……. Steve Young

2005 …… QB ……. Dan Marino

2004 …… QB ……. John Elway

2004 …… RB ……. Barry Sanders

2003 …… RB ……. Marcus Allen

2002 …… QB ……. Jim Kelly

2001 …… OT ……. Jackie Slater

2000 …… QB ……. Joe Montana

2000 …… DB ……. Ronnie Lott

1999 …… LB ……. Lawrence Taylor

1999 …… RB ……. Eric Dickerson

1998 …… MLB ……. Mike Singletary

1998 …… OT ……. Anthony Munoz

1997 …… Coach ……. Don Shula

1995 …… WR ……. Steve Largent

1994 …… DT ……. Randy White

1994 …… RB ……. Tony Dorsett

1993 …… RB ……. Walter Payton

1993 …… Coach ……. Chuck Noll

1993 …… QB ……. Dan Fouts

1991 …… K ……. Jan Stenerud

1991 …… G ……. John Hannah

1991 …… RB ……. Earl Campbell

1990 …… Coach ……. Tom Landry

1990 …… MLB ……. Jack Lambert

1990 …… RB ……. Franco Harris

1989 …… QB ……. Terry Bradshaw

1989 …… CB ……. Mel Blount

1988 …… OLB ……. Jack Ham

1987 …… G ……. Gene Upshaw

1987 …… OL ……. Jim Langer

1987 …… DT ……. Joe Greene

1986 …… S ……. Ken Houston

1985 …… QB ……. Roger Staubach

1985 …… RB ……. O. J. Simpson

1984 …… CB ……. Willie Brown

1983 …… WR ……. Paul Warfield

1982 …… DT ……. Merlin Olsen

1981 …… QB/K ……. George Blanda

1980 …… C ……. Jim Otto

1980 …… DT ……. Bob Lilly

1980 …… DE ……. Deacon Jones

1979 …… QB ……. Johnny Unitas

1979 …… LB ……. Dick Butkus

1978 …… S ……. Larry Wilson

1978 …… MLB ……. Ray Nitschke

1978 …… WR ……. Lance Alworth

1977 …… QB ……. Bart Starr

1977 …… RB ……. Gale Sayers

1977 …… OT ……. Forrest Gregg

1973 …… G ……. Jim Parker

1973 …… WR ……. Raymond Berry

1972 …… RB ……. Ollie Matson

1972 …… DE ……. Gino Marchetti

1971 …… RB ……. Jim Brown

1970 …… RB ……. Hugh McElhenny

Will Shields should be in, if not this year then soon. My guess is he may get the call this year or next.

As for Ray Guy, I understand the sentiment, but is he really head and shoulders above every other punter that lived, or any punter that has come after him? Because for me, for a punter to be in the HOF, he needs to clearly be one of the best of all time.

And since Guy, there have been some really good punters. But as a group, can you really differentiate one from the next? I don't think so.

I don't think Guy should be in. And really, no punters for that matter.

LT Walter Jones

WR Tim Brown

LB Kevin Greene

OG Will Shields

DB Aeneas Williams.

Prioritized guys who've been waiting a little longer, so that's why Brown > Harrison and Greene > Brooks. I had them on my final cutdown to 7, who are the players I feel are most deserving.

I hate the Raiders with a passion but I think its almost criminal that Tim Brown has not been inducted yet.

Yep. It's also lame that Dungy is nominated IMO. Very good coach, but HOF? Please. 1 SB (and Rich Kotite could've won a SB with Manning at the helm eventually). Edited by BeeR

• 3 weeks later...

I just don't think I can agree with Andre Reed and Ray Guy in the Hall of Fame over Marvin Harrison. I understand that Marvin will get in, but he was a first ballot HOF'er in my book.

Probably homerism blinding you here. Jerry Rice is a 1st ballot HOF....as much as I love Marvin, he is no Jerry Rice.

I just don't think I can agree with Andre Reed and Ray Guy in the Hall of Fame over Marvin Harrison. I understand that Marvin will get in, but he was a first ballot HOF'er in my book.

Ray Guy wasn't over Harrison, he was an old-guy pick. And he absolutely deserved to be in. Punter or not, he changed the standard for the position. The bigger problem is Reed over Brown. I get Reed over Harrison, Marvin deserves it and will get in but I can see Reed over him based on time, but Reed over Brown is criminal.

• Like 1

Ray Guy wasn't over Harrison, he was an old-guy pick. And he absolutely deserved to be in. Punter or not, he changed the standard for the position. The bigger problem is Reed over Brown. I get Reed over Harrison, Marvin deserves it and will get in but I can see Reed over him based on time, but Reed over Brown is criminal.

Agree 1000000%

Marvin brought it every week. Every game. Every play. He has more catches than any WR EVER not named Jerry Rice. He was not just a product of Peyton Manning. Look at his numbers the first two years of his career with Jim Harbaugh, Kelly Holcomb, and Paul Justin at QB. He had 64 catches for 836 yards and 8 TD's as a rookie. 73 catches 866 yards and 6 TD's on a terrible 1997 team.

And the dude is 6' 180 lbs.

Edited by CaptainHook

Marvin brought it every week. Every game. Every play. He has more catches than any WR EVER not named Jerry Rice. He was not just a product of Peyton Manning. Look at his numbers the first two years of his career with Jim Harbaugh, Kelly Holcomb, and Paul Justin at QB. He had 64 catches for 836 yards and 8 TD's as a rookie. 73 catches 866 yards and 6 TD's on a terrible 1997 team.

And the dude is 6' 180 lbs.

meh..if you haven't learned by now that the HOF is trucked up lately when it comes to wr's...

then there's this...

In one sense, the presence of a future Hall of Famer at this seedy vortex of the city, Harrison, eight-time Pro Bowl wide receiver with the Indianapolis Colts, then at the tail end of a 13-season career and a $67 million contract -- was incongruous. Especially given that Harrison, who is usually described as "quiet" and "humble," was noisily stomping the fat man in the face and gut.

Nixon says, Harrison unloaded both guns into the fat man's car, stippling the red Toyota Tundra with bullet holes as the fat man ducked in his seat. Eventually, the fat man sat up and sped off, heading straight toward Nixon's position as Harrison darted into the street and continued to shoot.